PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Dreams!

CJfilms
06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to make an announcement here first before I put it on the event page....

Sue Zeigler has been in touch with me the past few days and is very likely to be up in our area for the next event...You should remember Sue, she runs the "Checkered Dreams" organization... CD made a big appearance at the NASCARE Event in 2005 which drew a fairly nice sized crowd. She will be bringing a few sick children with her that day so that they may have the chance to meet some drivers and even ride in a race car!!!

Now here's what I need from my racers....I already spoke with a big car driver and should have that set...but I would like a 4 cylinder driver and a TRUX driver to participate in this event as well.

All you need is car/truck with a passenger seat, so you can the kiddies along for a ride! You don't have to scare them!!!! Just let them see what it is like out there.

BUT!!! I would like to see some local MVS drivers participate! I want to see some new faces getting involved so they know just how much fun NEETS drivers have! (Kunkels??? John Smith, I know you have a few cars, any with 2 seats?)

This will be one of the best times these kids get to have, they will remember it forever! Please help them out so that they can enjoy themselves!

After they go for a ride, we'll all meet up in vic lane for some photos and pose with their WHOLE families!!!

For more information on Checkered Dreams...
http://www.jackie88racing.com/checkered_dreams.htm

Thanks a bunch guys, we need your help to make this a blast!!!

Erin C
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I think the only truck available with a passenger seat is the truck Josh is driving...If you want me to take a child out there (so Josh doesn't scare the bajeesis out of them!:eek:) I will...:)

Also, may I suggest if Sue is 100% sure she can make it up for this race we should give one of the little girls she is bringing up the role of Little Miss NEETS for the day...this is something she would never ever forget! :applause: What do you think?:confused:

Anyone else have any ideas to make this day memorable for the little ones?:help:

NJ Chick
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that is a wonderful idea if one of the children is a little girl or even if there is more than one girl, to have them be Little Miss NEETS for the day, why not?:)

I usually make up goodie bags for the kids for a Checkered Dreams event, candy, little toys, etc. I will get in touch with Sue and find out exactly how many kids she'll have with her and let you all know the details once I get them. :wave:

CJfilms
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Come on Erin....you mean to tell me they wouldn't be scared with YOU behind the wheel???? Heck, other drivers are afraid just when they see your truck being unloaded!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erin C
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
:mad: NOT funny!!

Besides, I've always wanted to take a victory lap! :p :applause: :cool:

CJfilms
06-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Well....at least the kid won't be the only one living a dream that day!!!

Erin C
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
And so what if its true? :p

Thanks Sue!! You are making MY dream come true too!!:applause:

The Bullfather
06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
so this how you 2 communicate during the day at work.lol

I think it's great what your doing with the kids.

skor20
06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
If You Need It Joe, I Will Drive A Kid Around. I Saved My Passenger Seat Just For This Type Of Occasion. Let Me Know, I'd Be More Than Willing To Bolt It Back In For The Day.

Erin C
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I think your car would be the most picture-friendly, Kory! All we need is a couple victory laps for the kiddies and some pictures in victory lane!

Pete! haha..That is not how we communicate, although sometimes it appears to be so! He just likes making fun of me, sometimes rightfully so and sometimes I have to be a little defensive! We all have our moments!

This is a great thing to do for the kids and they always have a lot of fun!

As soon as we find the specifics from Sue, we will post more information. I know that Checkered Dreams does take donations of old helmets that they give to the kids to be autographed as mementos of their exciting day!

richardpetey
06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Here I thought the honeymoon was over!!!!!!!!, hehe.........:lol:
Can't wait for the Erin and Joe "Kiddie Karnival"................:cool:
Watching the joy that a checkered dreams day brings to these poor suffering kids actually makes me think "life don't suck that badly" at least, that day.........................;)
Whatever I can do to help, even if it means taking Erin on a victory lap.............:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Petey....did you forget what happened the last time you were on the track with her?????

Should I remind you???

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! <Let's go of the wheel!> OOOOOHHHHHHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I recall, she said that was the first time you were afraid in a race car.... hehehe!:lol:

Erin C
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
OKOKOK!!! I think SOME OF US (::ahem:: JOE!!) are forgetting the whole purpose of this thread!!!! It is not pick on Erin day!

Uncle Petey, you are correct...Life won't suck that badly!! And WHEN you finally win I will take that victory lap with you, If you'll have me!! (crossing my fingers it is this race!)

I am sure that the children will have so much fun at the Firecracker Smacker! Lets show them how NEETS likes to have fun and show them what a welcoming and family oriented series we are!

The Bullfather
06-06-2007, 09:18 PM
:lol: yeah erin, that Joe guy can be pretty mean at times lol. Shame on you, now kiss and make up. lol

Erin C
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Tell me about it, Pete!

CJfilms
06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
ok, make fun of Erin day is over.... xo xo xo <3

Now, Sue told me that she can use donated things such as old helmets, old trophies or plaques...hey if someone knows a caterer that would work with them that would be great too...email me and I will pass along Sue's email address.

:help: Big thing though....Sue is going to need to use a pop tent of some sort for this event. Being that she is flying up to the area from NC, the overhead compartment of the plane won't fit het tents anymore......lol.

I would be happy to let her use my 10x20 carport that has been used at previous pit parties :cheers: but that is going to be used at the fair just before the race....so IF I have it with me that day, problem solved....but you all know I like to back things up a bit, therefore if someone else has a pop tent handy....you know what to do!

Thanks everyone!

88racer
06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
WOW....Awesome response...:applause: I was going to wait until I had all the details but since you all are in full swing on this already I'll tell you what I know...

So far we have Stehpan from Phila attending...he's 13 and wears an adult XL shirt for those of you with team shirts that would like to give the kids one.
He loves racing at Grandview and Watches NASCAR...his favorite Drive is Dale Jr. and he has been to Mahoning Valley before. Although he used a walker, I believe he will be in a wheelchair with the hills and all...But I'm sure he can get into that two seater. :applause:

Since this is the first event I've done where we have not been racing ourselves I'm afraid I'm going to have to rely on others for lots of the stuff we alway "just had"...like the tent Joe talked about, chairs, coolers, tables, etc.

and remember we are a 501 ( C ) 3 charity so those trophies and helmets that you donate are tax deductible.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and I know that the NEETS drivers and teams have always been VERY supportive of the kids.

if you need to reach me you can at dreamcheckered@aol.com...

And Erin...I'm glad I can help with your dream too...after all we're all just kids at heart right???????:)
Sue Ziegler
Checkred Dreams
www.Jackie88racing.com

17Racer
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Dont worry, I won't scare the Kiddies. I have always wanted to do a checkered dreams event. I would love to do it.

88racer
06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I trust you Josh...don't worry, we're trying to have 2 kids...you can both have a turn, lol...unless of course a team sponsors one of the kids...in that case you'd have to duke it out between you two, :lol:

I know you've been interested Josh...and we appreciated everything you did for us at the auction!:applause:

Sue
Checkered Dreams
www.Jackie88racing.com

88racer
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
We are still in need of trophies....I am hoping to have 4~6 kids over the weekend, so any donations would help...you don't need to worry about the plates, I can get those replaced...:)
Thanks
Sue
www.Jackie88racing.com
dreamcheckered@aol.com

88racer
06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
:applause: Thanks to Marissa and Jason for lending us a tent, tables, some chairs and coolers for the weekend...you guys are awesome.

If you follow the link on the Home page of Jackie's site, it updates the scheduled events, with the kids info etc.

Thanks
Sue

richardpetey
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Way to go Jake , on your first feature win......................:applause:
Don't worry Jake, DQ's build character, hehe.............:help:
Sue, looks like you've got another racer in the family........:cool:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

88racer
06-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Yep, it's looking that way! We were VERY proud of the way he handled it...the sportsman ship he showed was honorable!

Thanks Petey...see you next weekend!
Sue

88racer
06-19-2007, 07:07 PM
I need everyone's help....The child for Saturday night at Mt. just cancelled on me....I have exhausted all the kids on my list...is there anyone that knows of kids that might like an event on Saturday night?

Please think real hard and email me at dreamcheckered@aol.com

:help: :help: :help: :help:
Thanks
Sue Ziegler
Checkered Dreams

CJfilms
06-20-2007, 09:53 AM
hey I'm a pretty sick and twisted little boy, you think they would let me in for the night? :cool:

By the way Sue...the plates on the trophies are about 5 inches long and maybe an inch tall, they're pretty standard I'm sure of it.

88racer
06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Joe...I'm just not sure you could be trusted on the victory lap!

thanks for the plate sizes
Sue

Braddock Bandit
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello all. Erin, if you are still looking for a 4cyl car for rides, I would be happy to help out. Car has both seats and belts in it. I've had a passenger every race. Let me know; see you all at race.