PDA

View Full Version : Champions race

figure849
06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
How about making it happen ?
getting past champions to race in low buck bomber type figure 8 cars. Each driver builds a car that he races in the first and last race of like ten races during the course of the season, the other eight races they race one of the competitors cars, each driver gets to race once in all the cars.
Maybe S.A.F.E.R. can get sponsors, there can be points each week. Winner takes all, and at the end of the season, the winner can donate the winnings to a charity.
Maybe we can throw this around, iron things out and each year have a champion's champion.

Tommyj16
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
That may be to hard to arrange, maybe we can make the last night of the year Joey Jr. memorial SAFER champion night collect lap money and trophies for top 3 and even add sponsors to add more to purse.

figure849
06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
The point was with all the talk about the top ten figure 8 drivers of all time, I thought it would be cool to get going a charity event that could be fun, not expensive. And put together what's left of the best. We could vote drivers in. In no order, I would have Chris Young, Jerry Bowers, Quinn Volgraff, Tommy Kraft, Tommy Ryan (all happened to drive the 49) Ralph Tasso, Doug Huber, George Brown, George Sprague, & Roger Maynor

RickFigure8
06-09-2007, 06:06 AM
It should only be open to past champions which would eliminate Tommy Ryan and I think Quinn too, he only won a championship day race. But also included should be Chris Young, John Fortin, Bill Steen and Tommy Rogers. Would be interesting if you could get Dan Jivanelli and Don Howe too. I would think something like this if promoted properly would attract past and present fans too.