PDA

View Full Version : Chemung Postponed By Rain, Lancaster Up Next

RGeeProductions
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Last Saturday night the DeLange Racing Young Guns headed to the Chemung Speedrome in the Southern Tier of New York for a 75-lap Race of Champions Modified Tour event. This was the first race of the season on the RoC North Region schedule and the DeLange team is running for the Region championship, so a positive outcome was important for Bobby Holmes of Lockport and Erick Rudolph of Ransomville.

Holmes was returning to Chemung for the second year. He won the third qualifying heat in the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified. In the redraw for feature starting positions he picked the outside pole. The #22 crew was very positive about their chances for a good run in the main event.

Rudolph was making his first Modified start at Chemung in the #45 Original Pizza Logs machine, having won a Casey’s TQ Midget feature there in his only previous visit in June of 2006. He adapted quickly to the track in practice and backed that up with a third place finish in the first qualifying heat. He redrew the sixth starting position for the feature and was eager to test himself against the best of the RoC Tour.

Unfortunately a rain shower hit the Chemung area after the qualifying races and the night’s program was called off at that point. The RoC feature has been rescheduled on August 11 and the DeLange team will return on that date. Despite the disappointment, team owner Dave DeLange was very positive about his team’s performance.

“I was pleased with our qualifying runs at Chemung,” explained DeLange. “Both Erick and Bobby did what was needed in good, workmanlike fashion. Erick got a chance to test the outside a bit in his heat and found nothing there, so he knows what he has to do in the feature. Bobby did what he needed to do. He had a great redraw and I believe he will get the lead early. Erick also has a good starting position and if there is no trouble in front of him early, I believe he'll be a threat. He is going to win one or two this year, I can feel it. I am very confident of that. Bobby needs a good top-five finish to restore some much needed confidence after disappointing finishes in the first two RoC races.”

This Saturday night Rudolph will return to Lancaster Raceway Park in the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman. He won there on May 12 and is looking to revisit Victory Lane . Erick will not be the only Rudolph in the spotlight on Saturday. This is the 4th Annual Heroes Homecoming at LRP, bringing back local racers from the past to be honored, and both grandfather Jim and father Charlie will be among those attending. On Sunday afternoon the Rudolph team will go back to Wyoming County International Speedway for twin 25-lap SST features. Erick won the only SST feature run so far in 2007 and hopes to extend that streak on Sunday.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing