Jones44
06-08-2007, 12:52 PM
What do you all think??

SuperShafts
06-08-2007, 01:28 PM
What was the infraction.... . . .

W. J.
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
1/4 of this year's pay, and 4 Sundays at home on the couch drinking Miller Lite, and watching his brother race!!! That might make him think twice before almost running someone down on pit rod, just to "Express his opinion". Nice to see NASCAR finally grew some 'peas', maybe they'll grow to 'full size' soon!!!

FERGBIZZ
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
hope he goes out there this week and stuffs the 20!

SuperShafts
06-08-2007, 02:49 PM
As per the on track incident....

Sure would be easy wouldn't it...if everytime you almost completed a pass the other driver just stopped and let you go....

That would kinda take the race out of racing.....

As per the pit road incident....here is another way to handle the hot temper.
Afterwards, when Tony cleans his clock, he'll think twice about who he will play that game with....or even let the jackman clean his clock for him...

I think the sitting out of the Dover race and the fine and the removal of the Dover lap points should be ok...

So no points at all for the Dover race, the fine and let the jack man have 3 free throws of his jack at Kurt...and maybe if the jackman feels up to it...3 rounds

The Bullfather
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
should have been out for a race, docked 100 points car and owner and fined $100,000.....................NO ONES LIFE should be in danger for someone's stupidity on pit road. Accidents happen and pit crews know it, but Kurt was out of line and almost ran over Tony's crew member. What is between Tony and Kurt on the track should not carry over to guys who have no defense, in this case, Tony and Kurt both being in their cars. Vechichal manslaughter should not happen in NASCAR!

vsmidge68
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
He should have to sit out at least 1 week for being such a big baby. Maybe he and his brother should take some kind of "maturity" classes. I'll bet they got beat up in school....lol

The Bullfather
06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I noticed so far 2 people voted "too much", I would like to get there reason why it was too much? Please post! Should be interesting to see.

Teds Race Tours
06-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Make him Change tires on the Car for the 4 week suspension he deserved.

W. J.
06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
You do mean RIGHT SIDE tires, right, LOL!

Teds Race Tours
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
:) Yes, Both right Side Tires.

The Bullfather
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
2 more people vote "too much" and not one person has given a reason why it was "too much"???????? Come on someone step up and write why you picked "too much"! Dale Jr. crew chief gets suspened 6 races for an illegal wing bracket and Kurt gets no races for almost running someone over with his car, because of his attitude! NASCAR Get your @!$!$@! together! Keep saying your going to tighten up, then it's a slap on the wrist! I guess cheating is more important to Nascar then someones life!

SuperShafts
06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
The bracket penalty was severe...

Did anyone get a good picture of the bracket that was such an unfair advantage over everyone else's... I would love to see the 6 race suspension 100 point 100k fine bracket

FERGBIZZ
06-11-2007, 11:33 AM
1st of all, almost running someone over is pushing it a lil bit...it wasn't actually that close, they obviously knew he was coming well before he was there.

and 2nd, it's good to see someone step up to Tony Stewart for once. He thinks he's the Macho Man of Nascar. Was he even summoned to the Nascar trailer for his actions in that race?

parked for the remainder of that race, 100 driver points, 100 owner points and $100 grand is a lil harsh in MY opinion...so theres your answer to why I voted "too much"

and obviously Nascar does have harsher penalties for illegal parts than it does for on/off track confrontations. You don't have to watch nextel cup to realize that. Like I said in another post prior to this, a charger driver has been penalized for an illegal part, but as far as I know, a certain modified driver has not been penalized for fighting w/ a fan.

SuperShafts
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
2nd, it's good to see someone step up to Tony Stewart for once. He thinks he's the Macho Man of Nascar. Was he even summoned to the Nascar trailer for his actions in that race?

What actions were they on stewarts part...

Holding his line while the 2 car pushed it's right rear quarter across his left front fender and nose...

Like i said in a ealier post.....

Sure would take the race out of racing if everyone just jumped on there brakes and let you go because your next to them..

IF jam car Schraders nose wasn't next to big E's quarter.....or if he would have practiced jump on the brakes racing..... he wouldn't have hit the wall the way he did either, and we could have been watching the 3 car still, and seen another championship and his debut in a open wheel car....but they were racing

Teds Race Tours
06-11-2007, 02:06 PM
1st of all, almost running someone over is pushing it a lil bit...it wasn't actually that close, they obviously knew he was coming well before he was there.

and 2nd, it's good to see someone step up to Tony Stewart for once. He thinks he's the Macho Man of Nascar. Was he even summoned to the Nascar trailer for his actions in that race?

If that member wasn't looking, he'd have gotten creamed. The 2 car was HOT coming up to the 20 car. Kurt says he was under control, but thats BS.

2nd, what did Tony Do? Tony was in the high groove. Couldn't get any higher, and the 2 car came up into him. CLEAR AS DAY!!!!

FERGBIZZ
06-11-2007, 03:39 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but both cars could have continued to race w/ minimal damage if the 20 didn't continue to drive thru the 2 causing major damage

The Bullfather
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Drive through??? at what speed were they coming off turn 4??? I believe your on the gas coming off the turns down the straights. Tony's held his line and never budged. Your personal feelings of Stewart should not apply to this accident. In a split second, Kurt car came up and next thing you know he's crashing, were was Tony going??? Any higher he would have been in row 3 and 4 in the stands.

Kurt came in hot and the crew memeber had to jump over the front nose of Tony's car with the jack in hand. Thoses jacks aren't light wieght, they are lighter then they used to be, but still heavy when you have to jump acoss the front nose to avoid being hit. Kurt was wrong and it could have caused serious damage!

Kurt was going to go on, until Nascar sat him down!

W. J.
06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
IF jam car Schraders nose wasn't next to big E's quarter.....or if he would have practiced jump on the brakes racing..... he wouldn't have hit the wall the way he did either, and we could have been watching the 3 car still, and seen another championship and his debut in a open wheel car....but they were racing
This paragraph is just totally wrong. Schrader never touched Dale until after Dale had already hit the wall. If he had hit him SOONER, it just might have lessened the impact, and all would be different.

SuperShafts
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
This paragraph is just totally wrong. Schrader never touched Dale until after Dale had already hit the wall. If he had hit him SOONER, it just might have lessened the impact, and all would be different.

I think you will find if you watch the replay somewhere...schraders nose is what the back of the 3 slid up into and caused the turn to the wall...

Otherwise he would have chased it up the track and ground off the pass side....

It was funny i remember this clearly everyone *****ing at marlin and it wasn't marlins car that caused the heavy right turn into the wall...

Watch it again. I think you will come to a different conclusion... He clearly wiggled, chased it up...bingo schrader jam car up front where it never is and his right rear quarter and schraders left front touch, quick right turn into the wall...

That is exactly how i saw it live, that's how i remember seeing it after that hundreds of times, and i remember the fans freaking out on marlin....sure as hell wasn't marlins car that caused the sudden right turn, it did get him loose, he was chasing it up, just wasn't enough room between him and schrader to chase....
UNless as someone kinda preluded to before they were practicing jump on the brake racing, but they weren't, they were just racing.

Here watch this and tell me how schrader's car wasn't the factor in the abrubt turn into the wall....he was gonna kiss the wall, no arguing that part...just not with his nose...
Had they played jump on the brake racing it probably still would have happened

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/298653/nascar_dale_earnhardt_crash/

Either way though tony did nothing wrong, and everyone knows once the car in front is sideways might as well drive thru rather then get collected by someone else trying something else that might not work

W. J.
06-12-2007, 08:05 AM
I have it on tape and did watch it again. That's how I know your information is wrong! Schrader made contact because Earnhardt's car shot up into him. If you think you could have reacted faster, maybe you should have been driving the #38.

SuperShafts
06-12-2007, 08:23 AM
I If you think you could have reacted faster, maybe you should have been driving the #38.

Im pretty quick, but im glad you seen the point i made.

Now lets see if the point follows thru....

They were racing...

Schrader never touched Dale until after Dale had already hit the wall. If he had hit him SOONER, it just might have lessened the impact, and all would be different.

He did hit him sooner and that is exactly why things are they way they are

WJ no offense but schraders car is what caused the turn and angle of attack into the wall just like i said, he did not run into a sliding around the wall 3 car as you made it seem...

SuperShafts
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
If you watch the video link i posted watch the rear of the car closely a split second before it touches schraders car in the slow mo watch the change in speed of the direction it was headed as it touched schraders, that boy was working that car and i would have loved to see the big save that was ripped from his hands.

SuperShafts
06-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Anyone got a picture of the bracket on the 8 car that was fined? ?

catfish
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
The bracket that caused the fine was a bracket that had been approved and given to the teams earlier and then disallowed was what i had read and even Nascar stated it gave no advantage but just was not the currently approved bracket

SuperShafts
06-12-2007, 09:04 AM
For that they gave him those fines, that's pretty messed up.

I was waiting see some f-1 made superbracket or something on the car, that just sucks

W. J.
06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I watched the video you posted. It's the same one that is posted on youtube.com, and you realy need to look at it very carefully. Yep, Schrader hit him, after Rusty Wallace 'bump drafted' the already sliding #3, pushing it into more of an angle to Schrader's car. We really need to give "Mr. over-inflated-ego" more credit for his part in all this. Schrader hit the wall at an angle slightly less than that of Earnhardt, yet walked away. If he had hit Earnhardt sooner, then Earnhardt might have 'scrubbed along the wall', instead of crashing almost head-on into it.

44Magnum
06-12-2007, 09:07 PM
RE: Earnhadt's crash at Daytona. Nobody else killed Dale Earnhardt--Dale Earnhardt killed Dale Earnhardt. He refused to wear a full-face helmet, and he insisted on mounting his seatbelts wrong despite the pleas of Bill Simpson to install them as per the instructions. And he had a habit of loosening the belts towards the end of the race.

If you recall, Sterlin Marlin had made a high-low move on Earnhardt earlier in the week to win one of the Gatorade qualifiers. I think Earnhardt was expecting that move from Marlin again on the last lap of the 500 (and I also think that Marlin was probably trying to put that move on Earnhardt); the #3 went down low to block and got his left-side wheels onto the apron. That got air under the left side of his car and, along with a very light tap from Marlin, was the initial cause of the car veering to the right. I don't really think Rusty was that much of a factor. It was the last lap and every driver was going for the finish with everything he had. Based on what I heard about Earnhardt's injuries, I would say that the impact with Schrader is what caused the fatal injury. But with the cars running three-wide all-out for the finish line, there was no place for Schrader (or anyone else, for that matter) to go. And when you think about it, if Robby Gordon hadn't caused the "Big One" about 25 laps earlier, knocking a whole bunch of contenders out of the race and re-aligning the field for the final green-flag run, who knows what would have happened on that last lap.

It was just meant to be; Earnhardt's number was up--nothing more and nothing less. It's just a real shame that it took his death, along with the deaths of Adam Petty, Tony Roper and Kenny Irwin, to wake NASCAR up. It's a darned good thing they did, too, because if NASCAR hadn't mandated head restraints, Dale Jr. very likely might not be alive today. Two years after Dale Sr's. death, Junior walked away from a 168 MPH head-on crash into the wall at Fontana, with "only" a concussion, thanks to his HANS device.

SuperShafts
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Dale was loosening his belts for years, especially if the last laps were tight battles...

Anyway my point was that everyone seems to have missed is... it's racing, not brake racing because someone has a nose on you.
The only reason it was brought up was to show that the 2 car came up into Tony making a pass that wasn't completed yet.

SuperShafts
06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
It was just meant to be; Earnhardt's number was up--nothing more and nothing less. It's just a real shame that it took his death, along with the deaths of Adam Petty, Tony Roper and Kenny Irwin, to wake NASCAR up. It's a darned good thing they did, too, because if NASCAR hadn't mandated head restraints, Dale Jr. very likely might not be alive today. Two years after Dale Sr's. death, Junior walked away from a 168 MPH head-on crash into the wall at Fontana, with "only" a concussion, thanks to his HANS device.

F-1 and Cart and IRL have been using...

Why does it have to be Nascar's problem or the blame directed toward them for you or them to put on a safety device....
You may want to blame them for the walls, just like I couldn't believe that the Canada f-1 race had such a inner wall with a cut out for a car just like what happened to Kubica to find, now there is something to complain about to the sanctioning body.

Some drag strips have the scoring tower with the legs directly on the other side of the walls....what, the NHRA hasn't seen cars get the nose over the wall and slide the wall into those uprights and rip the car in 2...I am not the pres of the NHRA and I saw it and would have made all NHRA tracks remove the scoring towers and have them be hung over designs like on highways....there's another good point to complain to the sanctioning body

When it's hot, I don't like to wear fire pants...unfortunately because of what I believe is a stupid rule based on a speed, I must wear them or I would be thrown out, which I have been...

But the car running below 130 mph doesn't need fire pants/suit..what kinda stupid rule is that? So if I crash at 160 and he crashes at 125 that car, no matter how it hits or whatever, doesn't / can't burn.....

Some rules as per the build of the car to run that speed and that class is fine, some rules on safety equipment is fine but it is not the fault of the sanctioning body.... I knew for years that if I hit an immovable object or even a rapid deceerationl from speed, that my helmet will become many, many times it's weight and want to strain my kneck.... I knew this before the HANS device ever surfaced. I even thought about that same effect way back in 1980 something. I came up with an idea of a net like restraint around the helmet, I never made it or used it, but I knew of the seriousness of the impact.
Even how you sit in the car during an impact can severly hurt you internally during a crash.

There are some things that the sanctioning body should be blamed for, and there are others that are no one's fault but your own, especially when dealing with personal safety to you...

How many people now wear 1 of the types of 5 HANS devices? I know some people probably aren't, but I can't see the sanctioning body being responsible

But the drivers don't need anyone to tell them they need to keep their head up....