PDA

View Full Version : Make up's

KnK Racing
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I heard that figure-8's are making up their double point race up this week. Does anyone now if this is true?
My dad was on the phone and someone told him this, so I just wanted to know.

LongIslandJam
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Check the main page of the Jam for your answer.

leah28racing
06-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Well once again the fig 8s get screwed. This week is a dbl pointer so we are still not making up a race its just the normal single point race that is changed to a dbl point race.we arent making up anything.

What happen to makeups for all dbl point races? only when they feel like it. i guess.
All that is talked about how we are not selling the track ,we are here for you guys.where gonna have a great year. blah blah blah!!!!
thats why we all pay to have a rushed 2 3 hr show.races are over 8 - 830. what happen to this place? I dont get it.

do some agree with what im saying?
i know im not the only one that feels that way.

Erin C
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM
This is just a generality...

If you feel that strongly about it, shouldn't you go to the source rather than publicly post you anger? I mean...its alright to express yourself, everyone needs to get things off their chest. But think about the times right now...what short track is doing absolutely wonderful right now...none!

Every track has problems with attendance, rules, this, that, these, and those. Officials/owners can not keep EVERYONE happy, they strive for MOST. Whatever they do, it seems to be working, though...everyone is still racing there!

I applaud officials and owners for their dedication and hard work! They have the hardest job of trying to keep MOST people happy. Any track you look at has its fair share of complainers quick to publicly point out the tiniest flaw, but how many tracks have those who publicly praise the officials/owners for simple acts of kindness? Not many!

I see it this way...if you have a problem, go to the person who has caused this trouble instead of publicly stating your frustration...I can garuntee that they will appreciate this! They may also provide you with some insight on why a call was made, why this was done, or why that was done that will give you a whole different view on it.

I see this situation as this: Saturday was a normal points race and this weekend is double points...it rained out last week therefore no makeup. I know this isn't the case..but if it was, it wouldn't have been made up anyways! You still get your double points and the bosses don't lose. You would have only been paying for one entry into the pits and they would have lost a lot more than what would have been brought in by paying out purses for two. You don't want to have the track lose money when too many short tracks are already facing this and are in threat of closing.

This is a sport...sports are about having fun. This is not your job...don't expect the luxuries and leniency that come with that.

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way...I don't mean for it to sound insulting if anyone feels it is, but that is computers for you!

W. J.
06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
This has been discussed here before. There are just so many race dates in the season. If it rains, scheduling must be adjusted to try and balance out the 'special' shows or events when they are postponed. Sometimes, when it occurs near the end of the season, the race can't be rescheduled.
We are early in the season here, and I'm sure everything possible and practical will be done to keep the number of double point events that were scheduled. With a little patience, you just may see the announcement of another double pointer added in before the season ends.

KnK Racing
06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I totally argee with you leah!! we did get screwed and I also think that it is wrong. All they did is change the point system and for figure8 car w only have maybe 10 race a season with all the rainouts. What I think we should have done is make up the double point race on July 7th when they are running 8 Cylinder Nextel Cup Demolition Derby, Full Size School Bus Figure 8 Race, Modifieds, Blunderbusts, Super Pro Trucks, Grand Enduro (No Figure 8’s, Late Models or Chargers) I know that they have a lot of things to race, but that can be like the late night where we race till maybe 10-10:30. I dont know about anyone else, but we should try and get back the single point race that they are taking away from us. my dad can be talking to someone about racing and he will say how everyone wants to make the divison better but then its like they chicken out!!! I don't know if anyone else has something to say.

Fig8 T.K.
06-13-2007, 09:32 PM
The Fig 8 Division is not the only division to have this happen. The Late Models had a double pointer rain out and the next week, which was a scheduled single point race, became a double point race.

Kenny, you are absolutely right about some SAFER members not following through on things. At one time SAFER members were a group of people working together to make the division better. These days there are members that only attend enough meetings necessary to receive awards. They do not attend the picnic, or dinner dance to show support for the club. They are only interested in what they can get from the club not how they can help. Seems these people are the first to complain when something does not go their way. SAFER needs to get back to an organization where all its members show the same support. Does everyone think the picnic, dinner dance, raffles and 50/50 should be handled by the same people year after year. I guess they need to remember that all these things help put money in the point fund that they want to collect.

Kathy Kraft

leah28racing
06-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Its Not About Paying To Get In. I just Wish They'd Do What They Say There Gonna Do And Thats It. But It Seems They Have A Problem With Sticking To Their Word. Why Can't They Just Add A Show To The Week We Are Off? We Get Done So Early, you Can't Add A Show? If It Was The Mods,they'd Add It. I Don't Know Why I Bother Or Others For That Matter Saying Anything beCause It Never Does Anything.

leah28racing
06-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Looks Like Someone Wants To Stir Up Something Here.

My Father Doesn't Want To Do Half The Things Anymore Because It's Not Like It Used To Be. We Used To Go. But Why? Always A Bunch Of stuff Happens (Fights). Rules Being Different For Certain People. So Next Time Just Say Who Your Talking About.
He's My Father And I'm Gonna Defend Him Till The End.

racerwife
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey Leah,
No one pointed a finger in your dads direction. You just did that. No names were mentioned, only that the Safer members aren't as they used to be in supporting the organization. Times and demands on our lives change for everyone. Jobs and families do need to come first, it helps to be able to race to have an income and a supportive family behind you. Your dad is lucky in both of those. No one is looking to "start trouble" with anyone. As for adding more racing dates... I have a life and other things that along with my family we enjoy doing on weekends. Having a schedule posted months ago enabled all racers in all divisions to make plans other than "racing" on an off weekend. Start adding and changing race dates now and I would bet you would be hearing gripes in both directions of for and against. I guess you can't remember when the last race of the season was no longer a no-points race, race for the fun of it event and became mandatory if you were in the points battle. From all divisions people were screaming and complaining, they had made alternate plans and the finances for 1 more week of racing weren't planned for. It was announced at a blackboard pit meeting that this is how it was and if you didn't like it, there was nothing you were going to do to change what the track had decided on. So live with it, race or don't. It was your decision.
Try being a little more open to both sides of any issue... it might surprise you that there are usually 2 sides to everything. Regardless of how you feel, everyone and everything aren't against you and your dad. Don't take people's comments out of context... you don't like it , neither does anyone else.

Enough said from me on this! If you don't like the racing calendar...take it to Cromartys', they own it and run it, and are the ones making the decisions. And handing out the pay-off at the end of the night!

W. J.
06-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Ah, finally, the voice of reason is heard! Racing Budgets? Family time? Who'd have even thought of that!???

leah28racing
06-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Y0ou Know Its Always Ok For Others To Say Something.but When I Post Something.everyone Always Has Something To Say.yes Everyone Wants To Have Family Time And Such.but You Know What ,all The Weeks We Have Off We Could Make Up On 1 Or 2 Of Them.i Dont See What The Big Deal Is.if This Was All Agreed On. If It Rained Itll Be Rescheduled.everyone Knows That Going Into Racing.so If You Can Agree And Know That Thats What There Gonna Do. You Shouldnt Race.
Ive Helped With Safer Selling Tickets And Such ,but I Havent Been Asked In A Few Years I Dont Know Why.i Was Selling So Mny I Was Asking Joe Saraceno For A New Batch Everyweek.i Wasnt Even A Safr Member,but I Still Did It.
Only Certain People Are Asked To Do For Safer.if I Was Asked To Hlp ,i Would Try My Best To.

racerwife
06-14-2007, 06:22 PM
No Leah...you are wrong. You are entitled to your opinion, and stating it. Just as I am and anyone else. No one is picking on you. I'm just stating another view point. If you weren't to have a say on this site, you would be deleted... haven't seen that ever happen to you. Like I've stated before to you in private posts and here... there are 2 sides to every story sometimes more. And as you have also read from others and myself... complaining here does no good about the race dates. Take it to Cromartys'.
As to Safer... I'm sure Joe Saraceno would love any help you are so gracious to offer... I'll look up his phone number for you or ask your dad, I'm sure he has it also. I'll see you at the track to give you his number.
Karen

Erin C
06-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey Leah,

The funny part about your opening statement is that most people don't pay attention to who says what and when until it is indirectly (or directly) said to them...if you haven't noticed there could be dozens of posts going at once, that's hard to keep track of! What was said by Karen was not aimed at you. She pointed out that no one was pointing fingers, but here you are again acting like everything is about you.

Well...I know many racers, I know they have families, I know a lot of them would like to spend more time with their families and look forward to that on their weeks off. If we had more time in every day or more days in the week then I don't see a big deal in rescheduling a SINGLE POINTS event when everyone was already given the benefit of the doubt by getting the double points race back! No matter where you go there are people who will agree with you and disagree with you, take pride in those who do, but don't look down on those who don't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that is all that matters.

I know I have no say in this, but really I don't think anyone else does either, because the final decision lies in the hands of the officials. Let them take care of it, they may reschedule it, they may not...it's all at their discretion. It's pointless to go back and forth about it so just let it rest please.

Also, Leah, out of respect for the big guys that run this forum...please check your spelling, grammar and punctuation...WJ spends a lot of time correcting errors and my eyes hurt from that post. It is the least you can do to show that you appreciate what they all do for racers, fans, and tracks. They give us a place to complain :p hehe...JK...I would love to see more positive people speak up on the forums (although sometimes it gets more interesting than Soaps!)

Fig8 T.K.
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok thats a good start we have a volunteer to help out. You did a good job Kenny by starting the post. Maybe other members will read it and show some more support.

I am not a SAFER member either and I do a fair amount of work to help out. I was not pointing my finger at anyone in particular because if I did I would have to include my husband Tom. I am always on his case that he needs to do more for the point fund and attend more meetings. As far as a bunch of stuff and fights and certain rules for certain people at the dinner dance and picnic etc., this does not make SAFER sound very good. I can not remember a fight or a bunch of stuff at a picnic ever. Everyone has a good time. What rules do we have at these functions? I have seen a few arguments go a little too far at a Dinner Dance but that was years ago and I believe the drivers involved are no longer racing. This years dinner dance was a huge success because many people both SAFER members and non members put time and work to make it one of the best.

Here is a challenge for all SAFER members. Let's try and make the picnic this year one the best ever with the biggest turnout. As soon as I reach Joe Saraceno and find out the date and details, I will post it here.

Kathy Kraft

figure849
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Before a date is made, all members should have a chance to check to see if that works for all. If it is a week we are off, like someone already said, We may have plans that were made months ago.
I would like to make the picnic this year, the last few years I was on vacation, or at Mountain Speedway.
Also, I think it might be a good idea, during the Summer months, instead of a SAFER meeting in the back of a bar, how about making it a sort of cruise night, end up in a parking lot on a main road with our trailers, pull the cars out for people to see.
Have the go-kart there and sell raffle tickets. Bring a TV/VCR and show tapes of the races. Try to get guy's into buying a figure 8 car to come race. You would be surprised how many people don't know there is a track on the Island.
If you have a car for sale bring it along.
Just a few ideas.

Fig8 T.K.
06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Good ideas Artie. I will start looking into some stores that may let us use their parking lot and maybe they will get a little extra business. As far as the picnic that date has to be picked months and months in advance. I think the county starts taking applications in Nov. for the following year. Joe usually tries to get the Sunday we are off when the tour is at Riverhead. I am not sure if he was able to get that day or not. I am waiting for him to call back.

KnK Racing
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
yes Karen do agree my dad says that he wait till the next time that we are off but think that we should race the race that what Leah said we got "screwed out of". everyone at the racetrack me and how much care about the racing thing but do think that we should get that race back. But like said before everyone one in SAFER should down and stick to word and at the next meeting everyone should vote and then see what the results are and then if the vote for making up a week is higher not making up a race then we should go to

racerwife
06-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Kenny,
I believe that when an entire racing night is cancelled there are no make-ups. We are obligated for a certain number of double point races each year. The track tries to accomodate these races first and foremost. Besides the nights that are sponsored races such as the Ernie Mayor race are scheduled a long time in advance to accomodate the sponsor. That doesn't really leave alot of open dates now. Remember we are only 1 of 6 divisons running regularly. Everyone has double point events, many on the same night, all needing to be rescheduled. Many of these events are also extra distance races, needing more time to run. I'm sure if and when someone were to question the Cromartys' you would have an answer to "will the race be made up and if not why not". I'm not going to try to guesstimate a response nor defend my opinions or answers in any previous posts.
As to a better question to you...what has your family planned for an off weekend? You said your father was looking foward to a week off. You forget its exhausting to work all day, then work all night to ready your car for racing. Sorry, but going to high school just doesn't cut it for busting your butt in the hot weather working at your job. You using your brain power in school is alot different than using your brawn all day long. And a few hours at night don't count. Remember dad is out there working all day long, and no one is as young as we all used to be. They get tired too and don't bounce back quite as fast as we used to.
Sorry Kenny Sr... facts are facts for all of us.

In any case... good luck to each and every competitor out there this weekend. May the racing spirits guide us all to a safe and fun race. And welcome to our new driver Mike. Be safe to one and all !
Karen.

leah28racing
06-14-2007, 10:59 PM
I didn't know this was English class.When i go on here,there is so many things to get out.I just go to fast.i don't mean to misspell something, sorry if that offends you.

Maybe Longislandjam should help bring these ideas to the officials and the Cromartys.

The Bullfather
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
why not do cruise night at bald hill on tuesday. some nights 2000+ cars from reports. I know they get 1000. show up and show your machines there.

racerwife
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Pete,
I was only at that cruise night once. Would never go back. Yes indeed, a lot of cars show up... mostly kids just hanging out. Nothing to be impressed with or about and it didn't seem like there would be any way for a group of us to be together to show off our cars and equipment. Let alone trying to get large trucks and trailers into small areas. I remember it being advertised that it started at around 6:00-6:30 on a Tuesday night. Well, in my house, Paul is lucky to be just walking in the door at that time. Maybe another place will read about our interest in showing our cars and offer their parking lot for us to use. It certainly would be a people draw to see some race cars sitting pretty in a parking lot. Maybe we could have an informal barbeque... eat what you bring. Anyone have any ideas ?
Don't get me wrong about Bald Hill. There were some beautiful cars up there... however, for the most part, I found it to be the hangout for the local kids and their competing pounding stereos. We actually found on our way home that there were more beautifully done and detailed cars, bikes and specialty vehicles at the 7-11 on the corner of Horseblock Rd. and North Ocean Ave.

W. J.
06-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Maybe Longislandjam should help bring these ideas to the officials and the Cromartys.
I know some of the officials read this forum. I'm sure they've formed their own ideas from what they've read here. My own opinion is that you will not get another night scheduled (on one that previously had a division off) unless there is a need to add it for point purposes.
A lot of thought and planning goes into making the season long schedule to begin with, and making changes because of weather related cancellations is just not that easy. I know they do their best NOT to lose double point races, knowing how important they are to the drivers. So they move them to another date for just that reason.
Add in that there are people who wait for the schedule to come out, then plan their Summer around it (off nights for other purposes), and the majority would rather just go with the flow. It's interesting to note that NO actual Figure-8 drivers have made any comments here on this subject. I would take that to mean they, as a group, are willing to let things play out as the track management wants to do it.