PDA

View Full Version : Jr To Go To Hendrick Motorsports ?

wayne
06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Front Page Of Nascar. Com

vsmidge68
06-12-2007, 08:45 PM
That wouldn't be good. Jimmy Johnson said right after Jr. made his 1st announcement, " There's no room @ Hendrick motorsports for any more drivers." Too many roosters in the hen house so to speak.. JMO ... :angel:

allhailunc
06-13-2007, 03:34 AM
I heard it clear as a bell on WINS yesterday-Jr to make announcement of which team he is to drive for next year_Hendrick Motorsports. Remember the 25 car, at one time, was the Budweiser car.

44Magnum
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
If Junior goes to Hendrick, one of their drivers has to go. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Busch ends up at DEI, in what would be in effect a "trade" of drivers. I would expect Busch to go, rather than Casey Mears, because Hendrick just signed Mears to a long-term contract (even though I think that Busch is a better driver, despite his short fuse).

Hendrick comes out way ahead on the deal, as if they need the help, LOL!

Teds Race Tours
06-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Rumor I hear is Kyle to Ginn.

Hollywood
06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
please read,

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/opinion/02/09/dcaraviello.dearnhardtjr.leaving.dei/index.html

SuperShafts
06-13-2007, 11:04 AM
It's official......Hendrick's it is.

vsmidge68
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Yuck. Anyone want to buy some Jr. stuff?

good2go1963
06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, I have to say I've been working for Hendrick for the last few months and recently had a really nice conversation about all this with Mr. H Personally I've never been a big fan of the Hendrick Drivers (except Casey), I'm an Earnhardt fan through and through but I did get nervy and tell Mr H that I thought this would be a great move for both sides, Junior finally having the best equipment and Hendrick having a fan favorite who's name sells more merchandise then any other team. Juniors old 8 merchandise is the same as Seniors old stuff it is his racing history. Let's look to see great things from Junior in 2008 and maybe it will endear the Hendrick team to more fans. I'm open minded! ;)

W. J.
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Let the 'musical chairs game' begin, LOL!!!:lol:

racerwife
06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't imagine how all the egos are going to actually get along. I give Hendrick a lot of credit for indeed putting together a fabulously competitive racing organization. Now he just needs to have all his drivers play nice together. I for one don't care one way or the other, but, will be watching to see who's nose is out of joint fastest.
I can hear it now... he's got better this, he's got better that.
Well... 2008 is fast approaching. It's time to pay the piper and put up, shut up, and produce for all that you are costing many organizations. I hope you were worth the effort. Go get 'em Jr. Let's see that trophy now. No more excuses to be allowed.

The Bullfather
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope Truex wins the championship this year! lol

44Magnum
06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, I have to say I've been working for Hendrick for the last few months and recently had a really nice conversation about all this with Mr. H Personally I've never been a big fan of the Hendrick Drivers (except Casey), I'm an Earnhardt fan through and through but I did get nervy and tell Mr H that I thought this would be a great move for both sides, Junior finally having the best equipment and Hendrick having a fan favorite who's name sells more merchandise then any other team. Juniors old 8 merchandise is the same as Seniors old stuff it is his racing history. Let's look to see great things from Junior in 2008 and maybe it will endear the Hendrick team to more fans. I'm open minded! ;)

You didn't tell us what Mr. H's side of the conversation was. Guess you're a very happy camper now, lol!

H'mmm; I wonder if Kyle Busch is re-thinking his decision to leave the track early after his wreck at Texas, when Junior took over the #5 car for the last few laps of the race...or his comments trashing the COT after he won at Bristol.

It'll be interesting to see where Kyle ends up. I wouldn't bet against DEI. Obviously, they need a top-tier driver to replace Junior. I doubt they'll go with a young unknown, or a older journeyman.

W. J.
06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
How about this scenario: Kyle gets picked up as a 3rd driver at Penske, joining his brother Kurt. Newman gets miffed, not wanting be left in the Busches (and weeds), announces he's leaving at the end of the season, gets picked up by DEI!!! (as Michael Waltrip's new teammate???) LOL

This is going to be a FUN silly season.:)

wayne
06-13-2007, 07:51 PM
W.J., you might be on to something!

LEAD LAP
06-14-2007, 03:00 PM
What do you mean "gets picked up by DEI (as Micheal Waltrip's new Team mate)". ??

Waltrip doesn't drive for DEI.

LEAD LAP
06-14-2007, 03:13 PM
What's even more unusual is how there's a press conference where you have the employee, Junior, "introducing" the new Boss, Rick Hendrick, to the Media. Usually, its the other way around, with the team owner introducing his new driver.

As if Junior is somehow larger than Rick Hendrick in the whole scheme of things. Not tooooooo much of an ego !

W. J.
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
What do you mean "gets picked up by DEI (as Micheal Waltrip's new Team mate)". ??

Waltrip doesn't drive for DEI.
He might as well, he hasn't had to much seat time at MW Racing, lol! Going back to where he had his only real success (DEI) just makes sense.

good2go1963
06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
OK Magnum, It was actually a really funny conversation, since most of my co-workers know I am not a Hendrick fan at all. They were all shocked to see that he and I were sitting shoulder to shoulder and I think everyone was holding their breath waiting to see if the "big mouth from NY" was going to say the wrong thing. I tried to be tactful with everything I said, and when we were all leaving, he was really nice and took my hand saying it was nice chatting, etc, etc, and that's when he said, "What did you mean when you said you're favorite Hendrick Driver?" So I just smiled. Then he said, "Why did you say Hendrick like that?" Well the whole time here he is shaking my hand and not letting go. My manager was cringing and it got quiet, and that was about when I thought, well I tried to be tactful. The whole time I babbled about Jr and how it would be a great business decision, he was smiling and shaking my hand up and down, and saying, "Oh, really, you think so?"
My co-workers were pretty horrified that I had the nerve to say any of it and swore that "We" (as if any of us have anything to do with it!) would never do that to Jimmy and Jeff. Needless to say, when we did get an 'internal only' email telling us about it before the press conference, I kind of sat back and looked at them and said "What was it you guys were saying about we would never do that??" As for the other post about the press conference, I really don't think it had to do with ego as much as it is so different down here with the local news and all, the "where is Junior going story" is like one of the top stories on the evening news every night, as crazy as that sounds, and the front page of the papers, so people here expected him to hold a press conference to announce where he was going, since he was the one who announced he was leaving DEI. Well like I said before, let's hope it brings the best to both sides!
MB :wave:

44Magnum
06-15-2007, 04:29 PM
good2go:

Thanks for the details. That story was interesting to me, and I'm sure to a lot of other readers also. I'm also sure that many of us would give a lot to be where you are, too!

;) BTW, just between us, have you got any other inside info, such as, is Junior gonna continue to drive the #8?:)

good2go1963
06-17-2007, 05:40 PM
You're welcome Magnum. I have to be honest, when I left LI the last place I thought I would end up working was for the Hendricks. I'm from a Health Insurance background work wise and it has been hard for me to get used to anything other then that. My boss tells me all the time "this isn't life or death, just relax". Unfortunately for me, I'm used to dealing with what sometimes is life and death to people. I promised myself I would stay through race weeks. :lol:
I have met so many really nice people, though, and I've had a lot of stories to call home about, so it's been fun for now! :wave: :wave:

LEAD LAP
06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
W.J.

Your right about that. DEI was probably Waltrip's best ride. In fact, DEI was once the KING of the Plate races. They seem to have lost even that edge.

W. J.
06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe they didn't lose the edge so much as others finally figured it out???