PDA

View Full Version : Comments

RickFigure8
06-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Comments. What people think. Who did what to who? Watch the video on my youtube channel. http://youtube.com/watch?v=d5iHYolFqUg

allhailunc
06-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Well seeing as how the cones were still standing after the incident, I would say that there is nothing to say. Oone car left an apparent opening on the lower side and the other driver took advantage.

Golf Guy
06-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Two cars racing for the same piece of track. Short track racing...

The Bullfather
06-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I see it as " nice save!".

Tommyj16
06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
It's a shame. We don't have many cars and a 25 lap race, guys are beating and banging and I believe only 7 or 8 cars finished. Not good and only 3 or 4 on lead lap. Guys need to calm down and race, not drive thru each other. I believe we lost a car w/ engine problems and I have engine problems of my own, and the 23 had engine problems, so now we go from 13 cars back to 11 or 10. :confused:

KnK Racing
06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Tom you are right. My dad says that it is disgusting that a race with 12 cars are getting wrecked. Also, there should not be 1 bumper on anyone else's unless it's in a racing accident. I think that all you 12 guys should calm down and relax when you are racing. We all don't want a high Oval Speed bill come around Sept. Sorry, Dennis.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
06-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Rick, Are you kidding? I know you have that video camera going ALL the time, where is the accident with Tommy and Timmy? And How could you leave out the part when Tommy drive into the pits and drove into his car owners son's car that was up on jack stands? What you didn't have the camera running for that???
How about we hear what comments people have to say about that? Who was Right and who was Wrong??
If I was Bill I would kick him out of the car. :mad: There is NO EXCUSE for driving into a car that was up on jack stands, Tommy had NO IDEA if someone was under the car or not!! Timmy could have been killed if he was under the car at the time. (then who would be my stripper? Teresa?)

randomrodder
06-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Give me the old days with 60 plus figure 8 cars. Four heat races and a consi. Those were the days.

Tower Man
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
What's the purpose. One incident had nothing to do with the other. Dumb move, I agree. But it's a matter to be handled by Bill Farrell. Not the Long Island Jam and the people posting.

I can remember myself and another driver in a purple car that had Fred Flintstone on the side many years ago wrecking each other, then bam, half the field. Not right, but it happens. And it was settled.

loving74
06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Personally I Agree With The Fact That One Driver Saw An Opening And Tried To Take It. But Here's A Thought, If Tommy's Crew Chief Would Get The #16 Running As Good As They Had The #9 Running When Tommy Was In The #9 Then There Would Be No Issue Here.

Ka$h25
06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
So the Kettles black? If anyone knows about emotions running strong after a race, it should be you Dor. I guess the difference is some yell scream, and blow smoke, while others display their emotions through their actions. Both foolish if you ask me.

As for the Crew Chief? I think the resume says enough. We'll know how well the car is when we can see a whole race without damage.

RickFigure8
06-17-2007, 10:02 PM
As was said they had nothing to do with each other. Was he right for doing that in the pits, of course not, was he right to be upset, yes. I believe he was third at that point, Timmy was lapped. Whenever I'm in a race with Tommy I always keep a watch for him behind me. Whenever he comes up on me I'm out of the way and he doesn't even break stride. He was behind Timmy for close to a half a lap before the motor blew and he didn't attempt to move out of his way, that's why Tommy was so mad. I can only imagine if that happened to Kenny when he was third in a double point race what would be going on in his pit area afterwards.
And with the crash with Carl, Tommy didn't leave an opening. The low groove going into a turn on the 8 course is to stay out six to eight feet and then turn in smoothly by the cones. You don't run down the straightaway all the way to the inside and try to make an abrupt turn into the turn. Carl hit Tommy back by the rear wheel which turned him sideways and then was still going hard enough to hit the front wheel, which was an old heavy steel wheel with a bar welded to the bead, and crushed that wheel. Now as I remember it, the so-called unwritten rule has always been if you can go in under someone and get up even with his door before he comes down it's your spot. All that does is shove him up a groove. But if you're only up by the rear wheel you're supposed to back out, it's only going to cause a spin and wreck. Tommy didn't run Carl up going into the right hand turn. He didn't run him out coming off that turn. So why did Carl have to do what he did?

RickFigure8
06-17-2007, 10:17 PM
We're working on the 16. It's a completely different car than the 8 car or it would be much better by now. the 16 is a truck-arm car, not three point. It was better this week. Watching the short clip I posted it did turn right and didn't run Carl up to the wall, last week it would have. It wouldn't turn right at all. The 8 car is what is probably the best chassis to run as a figure8 car, Canadian Stock Car Products, same as Rogers car and his old chassis, Timmys car.

Fkraft99
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm confused. If the 16 is running so terrible.. shouldnt Carl have NO problem passing him??? .. because this is 2 weeks in a row he's taken him out...

leah28racing
06-18-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm just glad I'm not the one being yelled at this week. ha ha!!! Someone gonna talk to the 69? He needs to check up for the leaders. He's gonna kill someone. The comment he made at payoff was "what do you want me to do? I'm just ridin". Are you kidding?

Fkraft99
06-18-2007, 01:31 AM
I think YOU'Re missing the point... the LAPPED car should have been out of the way BEFORE the motor blew. And Not in the racing line in front of the 3rd and 4th place cars.

fisherman
06-18-2007, 06:46 AM
man 14 cars and still wrecking . same old story

RickFigure8
06-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Leah I agree, your dad had a bad one that one time. I know he was surprised he didn't stop.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't know, but the big thing in the pits after the race was with Timmy, not Carl. To me what happened with Carl and Tommy looked like a racing thing they both got out of it and kept on racing. Tommy is a Really Good Driver, who has won how many Championships (Fred)? Tommy can drive anything he gets into, and drive it like he's a pro. Carl is a really good driver, too, and I like watching him run because he just wants to race you; might race you hard but not take you out on purpose.
And John, yeah I know how emotions running strong after a race and 99.0% of the time, when mine get going, it's to just one driver, the same driver. That's one thing I learned from your mother, is to just stay out of it because the next week the drivers will be friends again. But the one driver that I'm talking about, I know Kenny won't be friends with the following week. And there is usually someone else that gets involed.
Joe, Yes, what you're talking about was wrong by both drivers, but you were still in your cars with your helmets and seat belts still on. And I do remember you guys kissing and making up out in the stands the following week.
Rick, No, I Don't think Kenny would do something like that, been there, done that double point races, wins etc. OK Kenny does get a little carried away, you won't hear me say he doesn't, but I really don't think he would hit the other drivers car in the pits. That would mean he would have to fix what he just wrecked, not even racing, with more money he can't afford. Then you said Tommy followed Timmy for close to a "HALF A LAP" before the motor blew and he didn't attempt to move out of his way, that's why Tommy was so mad. Well, I hope Tommy would give me and other drivers, who would get outta his way, a little longer than a half a lap! I don't know, but did you think that maybe Timmy thought there might be something wrong and was checking out his gauges while still trying to drive? OK, maybe you know Tommy better than I do, but the Tommy Kraft I know wouldn't want other drivers to just get out of his way. I thought he would want to race them, and he is a much better driver and knows how to go around slower traffic. Tommy is one of the drivers that push to get more car out on the track, slow, fast and even in between. OK, I can understand Tommy getting upset, everyone is entitled to that, but what he did was wrong, and just a little worse because it being his car owner's son's car. Hey, Rick when you have time, why don't you sit and write a rule book of all the unwritten rules so everyone would know what they should be doing out there on the figure 8 course. I'm not being a smart a$$ I'm serious! Maybe everyone could learn something. EVEN THE ROOKIES! #69

Tommyj16
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I have to defend my Uncle here. Now I saw him get out of the way for me and all the cars just 3 or 4 weeks ago when his car wasn't running up to par, and yes, I have been a slow car before and lapped before and the first thing I wanna do is get out of the way, because soon has you know it, your the leader and I want that same respect.
IF YOU ARE LAPPED, GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! Perfect example, 11 car got out of the way and got a top five. Maybe some figure 8 drivers should pay attention. :confused:

RickFigure8
06-18-2007, 08:22 PM
You beat me to it Tom. Tommy does not expect people he's racing for position to move out of his way, but this was not the case here. This was a team car, not racing for points, a lap down, and Tommy was third. Timmy said he was sixth. Might have been true but it was sixth, a lap down. Moving over and letting Tommy pass costs him nothing, he's still sixth. If it was me, I sure as heck would not want to have the third place car take me out for slowing him down while I was actually only three spots behind him. How many times have we all seen this, on the oval, a car getting lapped does not move over and stays in the way for a lap, what happens to him? If he was sixth, a lap down, I bet he didn't finish sixth, lol.

Rick

LongIslandJam
06-19-2007, 08:02 AM
All I have to say is this... The Figure 8's need to work together nowadays and not against each other. You guys only have 13 cars, this is not the time to be picking fights with each other. If the car count goes any lower, you've got to wonder if the powers that be think that it's time to scale back your schedule. Instead of working against each other, work together. You don't have to like each other, but give and take a little. Sometimes a racing accident is just that, an accident.

Sounds like Papa Farrell is going to have to talk with his drivers and calm them down. Let him do that, as it's his team to mold. JMO.

I thought SAFER was the organization that keeps the crazy but talented bunch of drivers together to benefit the division?

Whatever happened to 50/50 for SAFER? Does that still happen?

Maybe the rookies in the division need a rookie orientation. The Figure 8's is not the easiest division out there. Then if they cause problems, discuss it with them, and then penalize them.

fig8wife
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
A whole 3 or 4 secs he was in his way and from what it looks like, Timmy was right. He thought Tommy was going to go on the outside, but he didn't, so Slim did and when the motor blew, which was right before the turn, he lost control and Tommy drove through him. It doesnt matter, so maybe Timmy was wrong for a whole 3 secs, but no one will admit that Tommy is wrong. No one has any guts.

art11758
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Now as I remember it, the so-called unwritten rule has always been if you can go in under someone and get up even with his door before he comes down it's your spot. All that does is shove him up a groove. But if you're only up by the rear wheel you're supposed to back out, it's only going to cause a spin and wreck.
That's more or less how I recall it being explained to me when I had aspirations to drive. Of course I'm old and it may no longer apply, just like giving your seat to a lady on the bus and other traditions that are "right".
By "right", I mean that if you got observed not doing said "right" thing, someone usually relayed this information back to your dad and he "explained" to you the errors of your ways.
Further disclaimer: I wasn't there and didn't see anything, so just take what I wrote as my opinion on how to handle something the "right" way.

loving74
06-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Well Boys & Girls as they say there is always 2 sides to a story. One driver has one story and the other has his story. What each story may be the race is over and it is what it is! Nobody ever said the driver of the 16 car wasn't good what was said was the car was not as good as last years car! As for Carl taking the 16 out 2 weeks in a row, I didn't see you spin out this week, the 16 driver handled the car very well, just lost a few spots. Whatever really happened we will never know only the 2 drivers will, all we see is through a fence or a blurry video. Let all just race and stop pot stirring!

Tommyj16
06-19-2007, 05:06 PM
To say nobody has any guts to say T.K. was wrong your wrong. Lots of people told him Sat. and Sun. he was wrong for doing what he did in the pits. It was wrong and for us to say a lapped car was right, wrong lapped cars get out of the way and the fact that Timmy would not let his so called team car by in a double points race is mind blowing, no pun intented

And I am not defending my uncle in any way, he has crashed into me, and I have run into him and when he is wrong, he is usally the first to admit it.