PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought

Tower Man
06-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I am glad to see the Tech Officials doing the job they are intended to perform. Some drivers/Teams feel the rules do not apply and can do whatever they want. Whether it be in the parts department or the starts in turn 3.

Here we have what was intended, years ago, as an entry level division, turning into a 4100 LB Late Model Class. God forbid you put a scratch in some driver's cars and they get upset and intentionally wreck that person the first chance they get.

Last night's unofficial winner was found to be illegal. I praise the officials. Too bad it took almost 3 hours for that team to take it apart. And from what I understand, there will be more tear downs and more DQ's in the future.

My hat is off to Walter, Robin, Elaine, Ernie the the rest of the tech team. Keep looking, there is more.

Dennisc
06-17-2007, 10:09 AM
what was the DQ for?

WEEZER
06-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I think he was DQ'd for saying the #00 has a enduro mentality during his victory interview!!!

The Bullfather
06-17-2007, 02:38 PM
If I am allowed, it was reported rear end differential. I know Wayne felt he was in need of a win. He is one of best 3 or 4 drivers in the class. It stinks because he really needed this win and now it's yanked from him. But if your caught cheating you have to pay the piper. I hope we get Wayne's side of the story before everyone goes apes on this board. Hopefully we get a statement from him as we did with Chris Turbush last week.

fastgal
06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
At least he kept the trophy.

Tower Man
06-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Bob Finan announced during the Late Model Feature that the 67 was DQ'd for an illegal rear, no details given.

W. J.
06-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Actually, it was for "an unapproved differential" in the rear, and that was part of Bob's announcement.

rabbid1
06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm biting my tongue really hard !!!!

310fig8
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
In all my years of contributing to the Jam, I have avoided all of the negativity with other drivers and the track but here I will break that streak. I was appalled with the attitude of Wayne towards Jessica Larsen. He claimed that a 16 Y/O female rookie should not be starting in the front of the pack, (His Words) then he goes out and dumps her in front of the field to prove his point.
This is one of the "3 or 4 best drivers in the division"? In Victory lane he claims Tommy W. has an Enduro mentality???? What exactly is that? If Wayne is sooooo great, why does he have to have illegal parts in his car to win in an entry level division? Tommy W. has come to our trailer many times to offer Jess help..... Class..... My hats off to Tim Gersbek #55 for giving Jess racing room and a chance..... Class..... My hat is off to 95% of the rest of the Blunderbust drivers who drive clean and give everyone a chance because they too are there to learn....Class. Finally my hat is off to all the drivers in legal cars....even more class. I leave my hat on for Wayne.....No class.
It's an entry level, Drivers are getting seat and track time to learn. Starting in front is part of learning. Every one deserves a break and a chance to learn for the future. No one has the right to decide "they don't belong".
I hope I can now start another long streak on non-negativity, it would be nice.

leah28racing
06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Well what Wayne said in his interview," If I wasn't winning, neither was Tommy, he was going in the wall with me". I thought that was kind of rude of him to say that. Supposed to be friends. Tommy' s wife Gayle watches his daughter out in the stands.Brings the girls out for pictures. Why did Wayne try to put Tommy in the wall? Because Tommy could pass him?

Why does Wayne have the trophy? Shouldn't he give it to Tommy, since technically Tommy won the race due to Wayne's dq?? Tommy's favorite thing about racing is getting those trophies.

unowho243
06-18-2007, 01:08 PM
His actions all day long..... wait all season long are just wrong. He truly thinks he's in Nextel cup! I've talked to him on a few occassions and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.. but I do feel he is way too aggressive and thinks everyone should just move out of the way for him....

RacinRob
06-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Wayne is a nice guy and he offered me all the help I ever needed, but we do race and unless we are yielding to the leaders with the race on the line it's not called racing for nothing.

The Bullfather
06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
One thing I noticed with Tommy, he does love to win! He does put his bumper on yours to pass, he doesn't want to spin you, but he will move you if your in the way. But I noticed during the heat race him and Sullivan were racing hard with each other. Coming out of turn 4 Tommy was under "Fred" and and he almost sent him into the wall. Sully had a great save but Tommy let off the gas to show respect and it seemed he let Sully finish ahead of him to the checkers. Both drivers had huge smiles on their faces during the cool down.

This is Saturday Night racing, lets enjoy it!!!

KickItUp
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I too, must bite my tongue here.. (regarding Wayne)

unowho243
06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Who switched drivers this is the first I've heard of it

Dennisc
06-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I think I get sweetsw drift on the "mysterious driver switch" I thought it was only my imagination.

W. J.
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
An entire thread about illegal parts and cheating and no mention of the mysterious driver switch?

Well don't hold back, tell us!

W. J.
06-19-2007, 02:30 PM
All 'talk', no info, so your statement lacks credibility.

BoomBoom
06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
The driver switch happened because a 16 yr old girl was basically threatened by a grown man. I happened to be walking past their pits at the time of the incident and Jessica wanted nothing to do with getting back in that car so Wayne could dump her again. I don't know Wayne, or Jessica for that matter, but I know for a man to threaten a young girl and then follow thru with it is disgusting. If I had my suit with me I would've asked to get in the car. Chris the #6 Modified driver finished the race in the #29 car of Larsen.

The Bullfather
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
An entire thread about illegal parts and cheating and no mention of the mysterious driver switch?

was this really a big deal???

BoomBoom
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Being DQ'd not really a big deal. Drivers switching mid race not really a big deal. Trying to bully a 16 year old girl on the track is a big deal. We all know that she is still learning, and by being intentionally being spun out, could've caused some serious damage, not just to her or her car, but to others who were around. It depends on whether or not you have an open mind and that will determine whether or not this was a big deal.

Tower Man
06-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Let me explain here. First of all a driver change is totally LEGAL. Check the rule book. The driver who starts the race gets the points. The driver who took over was Tommy Rogers, another Big Brothers Big Sisters team car/driver. He was 11 laps down and gained zero positions.

As to why Jessica would not get back in, first of all it started when Wayne told one of my crew members after practice that if she 'Was in his way, he would move her out of his way", So he did in the heat. No big deal. After the heat he told a crew member of ours that Jessica scratched his car and she would pay. He causes the wreck in the feature. She was hit so hard the chassis rail pushed back and bent the Grand National bar. She was a little shook up. So Boom Boom, there is serious damage, thank you Wayne. But already repaired, thanks to JT Performance Auto Body, Constant Performance and Bill Stockert

Tommy Rogers went out to race the car for the Big Brothers Big Sisters and get the exposure they pay for.

Scared? I think not. Bullied by one of the least professional drivers in the Blunderbust? Absolutely. But she will be back and race with the propfessionalism she always has since she was 9 years old, with 2 EKRA Championships and 1 Inter-Club Championship.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
06-20-2007, 10:47 AM
I can't believe this, First of all I heard about Wayne's Victory Speech. :disgusted Just so you know a REAL Winner don't give a Victory Speech like that. Let me tell you Wayne, you never were nor will you ever be as Good as Tommy Walkowiak!! Well let's give him credit for trying, too bad he got caught. :applause: And I think that maybe you should just go into the Enduros, because that is where a LITTLE man would take out BIG Girls! Professional drivers, drive around slower traffic not through them. If Wayne thinks he is so much better then Tommy and Jessica why won't he try another division? Go for the Late Models or Modifieds, better yet try the Figure 8's. Show us what your really made of!! Let's see how he would do as a rookie.

Scared? I think not. Bullied by one of the least professional drivers in the Blunderbust? Absolutely. But she will be back and race with the propfessionalism she always has since she was 9 years old, with 2 EKRA Championships and 1 Inter-Club Championship.You go Jessica!!! I remember watching Jessica run back then and she kicked butt and took the Championships. In time she'll do the same in a racecar. You Go Girl!!;)

When Jessica Larsen went into the pits, the car returned to the track but with another driver. Guess she was too scared to go back out.SWEET I didn't notice your name on the drivers roster, I guess your just a little too afraid yourself??

VNYLGRFX
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Joe,

Take a look at the history, You remember last year.. and the year before that.... And they still let him race. Why won't anybody set him down for a few weeks see how that feels, this is typical Wayne.. all I have to say is what I said before...

Dr Jeckel... Mr Hyde

Ps Jessica is a good driver. But remember you have people like that. They can be very dangerous and seriously hurt somebody, if not now, maybe later. And if not you, might be someone else......

rabbid1
06-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Now Dorothea , Lets not insult the Enduro drivers . ; )

Tower Man
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Hey VNYLGRFX...I never thought I would say this, but back in my day I did not tolerate that driving style on the race track and many a black flag was dropped.

I'm not saying this because I own the car. But let's not forget his Victory Lane speech on how he'd wreck the 00. All I can say is I hope the powers to be hold him accountable. Not just for Saturday, but for all his nonsense.

It's funny, over the winter Jessica beat him at the go karts in Ronkonkoma and he said wait until I get you on Route 58. I thought it was funny at the time, but I am finding out that is how he is.

Gravel
06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Tower Man, I can attest about what you did, "back in the days". And I remember the amount of cars were double of what are there now. A statement of how hard a job you had. Hopefully, the NEW powers will return to those days of putting out the black flag more often. Jessica, just keep trying. Don't give up. Before you know it, you'll get that first checkered flag.

Mike

fisherman
06-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, 1 driver wrecking cars. Why don't the other 24 drivers lean hard on that car. A little rubbing and he will squeal like a baby. Do it the old fashioned way and then watch his racing style change.

RGeeProductions
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
That's all fine and dandy, until someone gets hurt bad!!!!!

Tracy87BB
06-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Before we all continue to crucify everyone (on both sides of the fence), maybe we should watch the video clip. Sometimes it's easy to hang a veteran due to past actions (which I agree there have been some questionable ones), and sometimes it's also easy to bash a rookie for lack of experience (but where besides on the track do you expect them to get it?). I watched that video backwards, forwards and in slow motion. If anyone has a video with a different angle, I'd actually really like to see it. I'm not taking anyone's side, but it looks like racing to me, on both driver's parts. Let's put last week behind us and all focus on the week ahead!

rabbid1
06-22-2007, 07:18 AM
I have to agree with Tracy , I think everyones making this bigger than it should be .

Tower Man
06-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Let's move on. The horse died, it's a new week and the depth of the politics here is getting deeper. It happened, it's done and we move on. The car is fixed, the points unchanged and tissue sales at CVS have gone up.

KickItUp
06-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Not to keep beating that dead horse, but it did not look like racing to me.. It looked like something I have seen a hundred times over the last 3 years or so.. A bully with a car way out of the league of a stock BB car, blasting his way thru people, to make it look like he can drive, win and be as great as only he thinks he is..
It is ridiculous that he can just keep on doing what he is doing to all of the other stock BB drivers out there.. His excuse, as I have heard a million times from quite a few of the other drivers is, well I have money to fix mine, you don't, and I will win..
What else can ya do but keep on taking it from him if you want to keep racing.. It's sickening.. Sorry all you guys and gals have to race with that..

W. J.
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
And as the dead horse KEEPS ON getting beaten, we will close this thread.