PDA

View Full Version : WTG Mikey!

randomrodder
06-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow, Michael not only qualified his Toyota but had a top ten finish! Happy Father's Day Mikey. Pffft~~~~~~ to all the Nah sayers. :applause: :applause:

Ace
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I 2nd that randomrodder!:applause:

W. J.
06-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Wow, I'll bet that moves him all the way up to, what, 55th in points??

Ace
06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Nah WJ, up to 51st in driver points and 48th in owner points.Too bad for him that he has missed 1/2 of his races by, not a tenth,not a hundredth but a thousandths on the stop watch!

allhailunc
06-18-2007, 03:36 AM
well at least he's not in the negative point range anymore:lol:

randomrodder
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if it was his last year behind the wheel as a full time driver, yeah, yeah, I know, I don't need the comments Thank You.

I recall meeting Mikey at Pocono the first year in his Cup career. We called him over asking him for his autograph and he truly seemed surprised. He said, Are you sure you want mine? And not my brother's?

We told him, Nope, You're Michael and we want yours. He had this stunned look on his face. No, not the same usual stunned look he has on his face. He really seemed shocked. Pete must have been about 6-7 years old then.

W. J.
06-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think anyone ever said Mikey wasn't a nice guy. As to whether he'll be a driver next year or not, only he knows for sure. Maybe he needs to concentrate more on his team ownership responsibilites. The past has proven that the title "driver/owner" just doesn't seem to work out well in Cup racing. His own brother could tell him that.

The Bullfather
06-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Alan Kulwicki in 1992 proved eveyone wrong, but it was most likey the last time and driver owner would do such a feat.!

randomrodder
06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
You won't hear me arguing with you their Walter, not in this day and age. It was just good to see him running and finishing in a decent position again.
Mikey has been juggling way too many balls these passed few years to stay totally focused on his driving. Something has got to give.

Sure would love to see him take a win though. :help: