PDA

View Full Version : Demo or Enduro??

vsmidge68
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
What exactly was the 23 in the 4cyl. enduro doing? Perhaps he thought it was a demo the way he kept going after Spit like that? I think he should have been black flagged. If he had gotten others "hurt" while going after his "target" he would have had real troubles on and off the track.

ajsyrup
06-18-2007, 08:09 AM
for some reason the entire four cylinder race was a bit of a demo. i understand bumping a slower car from the back to let them know u are there if u CANT make the pass any other way. but this seems to be the only method of passing used. and it causes all the wrecks.

i heard the 23 car was asked not to come back to riverhead but that doesnt make up for all the cars that were already wrecked on sunday

:mad:

W. J.
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I noticed the same behavior, and noted it in my story about the race. While they may have been battling for position at one point, it seemed to degenerate into something that had no resemblance to racing toward the end. I'll venture a guess that many were glad to see that 23 pull off for the last time and park it. Congrats to Shawn holding on to finish 3rd after dealing with that.

unowho243
06-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I was happy to see spit get him back! Made me smile haha

Shamrockracing
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I have to say that was one of the worst 4 cylinder Enduros I have Competed in this year. I definately agree it was more like a demo. I thought the mood was going to change since They put the point system in effect this year and the first two races had seemed that way. Everyone was showing each other Respect... What happed This weekend? This wasn't the Racing I know we are capable of Guys...

However, I have to also say I know the Class we run is enduro and where you die, you die, but it's also supposed to be safe and I didnt see how where those two cars were stopped was safe. Either for the other Drivers or the two stopped cars. The 14 got hit like 3 or 4 times hard before they checked on him and I don't think that was handled very well on Riverhead's part.... I believe they should have cleared those two cars.

On a better note, congrats to Robin on the win, Well done.... :applause: