PDA

View Full Version : Is The Old Jr Back

RACENUT
06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
I See Jr Was Back To His Old Tricks Again Dumping Wayne At The End Of The Race. Now do You Think He'll Get Upset If Wayne Pays Him Back?

Teds Race Tours
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I have seen a change for the better in JR this year, but that sure looked like an old fashioned dumping to me. If I were race director, and had seen that, I would have had to place JR behind Wayne in the final results.

RacinRob
06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to bash jr....how bout you guys trash the other people that drive like idiots? There is two sides to every story, theres about 15 more races, wait and see if it happens again and again to make assumptions. When another driver takes out another on caution not even a peep comes out but when jr gets in to someone in a race it's the biggest issue. I think people anticipate a moment like this so they can try to have something negative to hold against him. Bottom line is Jr is a better cleaner driver than hes ever been and now that people can't hold that against him you need these small things to bash him.

unowho243
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
From my point of view, it looked like Wayne was trying to pinch JR into the wall, and JR had to move him to pass him and he did... I'm no JR fan, but the kid can drive and I think Wayne needs to be talked to. But I guess Wayne can never do any wrong because he is a LEGEND, lol.

Keep it up JR, you're doing good this year!

hollywoodmic
06-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Rob, doesn't look like anyone "bashed" JR here. Let's be honest, his reputation preceeds himself due to past incidents. I think the general opinion on this board and at the races is that JR has been a blast to watch this year, he's been clean and very patient. I was not there on Saturday night, but from what I've been told, he got into Wayne. It's a short track and that's going to happen, the deal is how he now handles it. Does he take the, " I did nothing wrong, screw him" or is he a gentleman and goes and speaks to Wayne about the incident. With the way JR has driven this year, and the change I've seen in his attitude, by himself he may want to pull Wayne to the side and speak to him. They may agree to disagree, but at least he made the effort. I hope they continue to race each other hard and no one gets hurt. As for "bashing" him, I don't see it here.

The Bullfather
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I don't think it was a move on purpose. JR has always drove into the corners hard, dive bombing is what we call it up in the stands where I sit. Was there not 2 other car ahead of Wayne, maybe Wayne drove into the turn slower because of them and JR had his foot hard on the gas??? Thoses Mods are pretty powerful, I think we accuse JR because of his past with Wayne!

cuzzzy59
06-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Holy cow, all you people see different versions of the "spin". Here it is plain and simple: JR came in a bit high, drove down to the line and punted Wayne. You don't go around that fast on your own, but with a little help from a [friend] it's easy. As usual, nobody is bashing JR here, just voicing an opinion of fact...

Ace
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
cuzzzy59, I saw the same thing with the 15 getting punted. There was a 4 car train with the 21, 49, 15, & 2. Not sure where he wanted Wayne to go. :mad:

IF there is payback in the future for the 2, is it possible he can act like Wayne did this past week? I highly doubt it!

KickItUp
06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I have watched Wayne drive as long as JR has been alive. They don't call him 2 lane, (or 3 lane 4 lane) for nothing.. Seems when he is racing anyone else, he races, does his thing, but doesn't go overboard.. When it's JR behind him, all I see is that lane thing going on.. Then when JR finally gets by, he's gone.. JR passes most anyone else on the outside, but the 15 never ever gives the room to race.. So I have no sympathy for the 15 here...

nobandwagonhere
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I have to back you on that one. Now don't get me wrong...JR has put the bullseye on his chest all on his own...BUT....he tried more than once...more than TWICE to get around Wayne legit and Wayne mirror drove the heck out of him. It was coming down to the wire....when you gotta go, you gotta go!
So he went! I feel Wayne deserved it.

modified_fan
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
You guys (and gals) do make for some entertaining reading. I wonder if we all are watching and talking about the same race.

For the most part JR has been a 'smoother' driver this year. If he keeps it up the '07 title is most definitely his (and deservedly so).

Last week he got a little impatient when he could not get underneath the caboose (Wayne) of the 3 car train of the 21, the 49 and the 15. I suppose trying the outside, which was there if the kid was fast enough, was not in the 2's plan. And so the 15 was spun, all to gain one spot for the 2.

To add to hollywoodmic's comment, there has been no verbal contact between the B's and Wayne as of this morning. HOWEVER, there has been nothing but good relations between the both teams this year. Heck, JR comes over to grab the occasional post race beer from the 15's coolers. Guess they don't have da suds over there.

My question is..........should........ Dumping be Racing?

Contact at Riverhead is a given to some degree. How much contact should track officials allow? This is a huge, big picture issue for this place.

I'm am not referring to the square bump-tap, to get someone loose and gain a spot.

How does the racing community want this track officiated???

The Bullfather
06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
dumping is racing is a term to take light, too some drivers, not just Riverhead it seems to be a way of racing. I agree with bumping at times, it has always been part of the sport and always will be... But Dumping is another story and to some drivers it is racing!!! So Dumping is Racing! :angel: But is totally wrong in my book, unless they deserve it! lol I think we know when someone gets back on the track!!! (no names to save face!)

LongIslandJam
06-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I remember a few years back, the black flag was used liberally, and the racing community cried.

Now it seems that its used too conservatively, the racing community cried.

I think you hit the nail on the head modified_fan. From the sounds of it, they might want the reins tightened up again.

Tower Man
06-20-2007, 08:01 AM
A great man once told me, "Be Carefull what you wish for, you may get it."

Yes I threw many a black flag. Some deservedly so and some maybe not, (did I say that?).

An official can never win. Mike and Jim do a fine job and let the racers race. Very few black flags, but hey, that's how they run the show. They are in charge. I will not say whether or not I agree with all the decisions and I am sure they didn't always agree with mine. But they are doing the best they can, being thrown into a situation that I am sure they weren't expecting. I only wish them the best.

As to the incident, No comment. I happen to like and respect both men as the fine drivers they are.

Ka$h25
06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, it appears the old JR is back on top. I thought for sure thats what this post was about. Silly me to think there would be some congratulatory message around here.:rolleyes:

Fat Albert
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
A great man once told me, "Be Carefull what you wish for, you may get it."

I don't remember telling you that, but if you say so, then I guess I did.

But, seriously, I'd like to see the black flag thrown occasionally! Maybe somewhere between how often you threw it and how often it's thrown now. I won't comment on the JR and Wayne incident because I wasn't there, but I did witness the non-call on an intentional wrecking of a competitor under caution a couple of weeks ago. If a driver isn't set down for the evening for that, then it just sends out a signal to all that anything goes.
I also respect Mike and Jim, but I think they missed an opportunity to make a statement that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated any more. I know it's a tough job, but let's face the facts, calls (or non-calls) like that are one of the reasons for the low car counts in recent years....(not to mention the price of tires) But that's just my opinion, for what it's worth!

cuzzzy59
06-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Thank you modified-fan for seeing things the way I do.

My question is, what race were the "new" officials watching?

debbie33
06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Fat Albert, that was a miscommunication between the two drivers.

Fat Albert
06-20-2007, 11:30 PM
A miscommunication between drivers???? Wow!!! That's one I never heard before. I didn't know the drivers communicated with each other on the track.
To me it looked like one very frustrated and po'd driver purposely wrecked another car under caution. Shows you how much I know. But, I've only been following the Modifieds for 47 years or so. A miscommunication between drivers...hmmm...you learn something new every day...Thanks Debbie