PDA

View Full Version : History involving Long Island on Jayski

The Bullfather
06-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Check this out on Jayski.com

Yes, there has been a first time winner who won back to back....plus: It was brought up during TNT's broadcast of the Citizens Bank 400 at Michigan [not the Michigan 400 as TNT called it]. it was mentioned that no driver has ever won his second race immediately after winning his first in NASCAR's top series. That's not true. Billy Wade won at Old Bridge Stadium in New Jersey on July 10, 1964, for his first career win. Two days later, he won again on a road course at Bridgehampton, N.Y. But Wade didn't stop there. He also won July 15 at Islip (N.Y.) Speedway and July 19 at Watkins Glen. So he won his first FOUR races in back-to-back-to-back-to-back events. All of those wins came in cars owned by Bud Moore.(David Poole/Thatsracin)(6-18-2007)

The Bullfather
06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Nothing????????? I thought this was a sweet piece to be seen on Jayski.

Dwight Clock
06-19-2007, 03:11 AM
That is a fact. I saw Wade's win at Islip. He was untouchable. What a shame his career ended so tragically soon.

LongIslandJam
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
It's quite the accomplishment, seems like the driver could win on anything, road course or oval...:)

The Bullfather
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Dwight give us some info on Wade!

Fat Albert
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I was there when he won at Islip! I saw Billy Wade race at Islip and Bridgehampton and he was unbelievable. There's no telling how many races and championships he could have won if he had lived to race a full career.
I found this link...
http://home.earthlink.net/~snyayers/billywade/