PDA

View Full Version : Edwards and the Busch series....wow

racing#s
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Did anyone notice the lead Edwards has in the Busch series ?!
Holy mackeral, he's got a 701 points lead over the second place position.
I bet NASCAR will be cracking down on the 'Buschwackers' next year.

The Bullfather
06-19-2007, 04:45 PM
just like Harvick last year? He even took off a race or two!

W. J.
06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Let's face it. As long as the fans are in the seats, NASCAR doesn't care who is behind the wheel. Buschwhackers actually seem to draw more people while they take their 'Cup Practice' laps in the Busch Series races, so those looking to move up to the "big show" had better start looking for a new way in. JMO

Hollywood
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
You won't see that many buschwackers next year with the COT. The cup teams will be able to test to their hearts content. What you will see is the cup teams becoming tailgatewackers. Kyle Petty said on SPEED the other day that the front air dam on the trucks and the COT are very close in downforce and drag. It will be interesting to watch.

hollywoodmic
06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Now what will that do to the Busch Series, if you loose all those big names, big teams and so on?? I agree with Hollywood, they are done once it's all COT races. It was great to see Stephen Leight win this past weekend, but will RYR field a team if it does nothing to help the cup program?? I wonder.

jimmy'z
06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd personally like to see a "if you run buschwhackers, you can only compete in 25% of Cup races" ... that'd do the trick. If they go over the 25%, then they forfeit whatever Busch points they make in their Cup rankings. Give the l'il guys who want to make it into the big show a chance - not ram the big buck$ down the entry level guys throats. I'm personally tired of seeing the big names twice a weekend.

At most, the Buschwhackers today is a elite backyard run. Can even go as far as a Hobby class for these teams with too much $$$ to blow..

Can you also blame the sponsors? You can - but in their defense, having Big Dog Everyoneknowsthisguy will fill more seats and get their name out there a lot better than Joe Nobody - in the same car.