PDA

View Full Version : Want Racing - Contact your Town Councilman

LongIslandJam
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm hearing word on the street that the RexCorp Proposal for Calverton's Grumman property has a realistic shot. However, we must support it.

I was forwarded some sample letters to send to your local councilman to support this. Something simple, but something to get the point across. The more support RexCorp gets, the better the chance it has, especially when its bid was matched.

Send to: Town Clerk , c/o Riverhead Town Board, 200 Howell Ave., Riverhead, NY 11901

Samples:
1) To: Riverhead Town Board, I am a local taxpayer and vote and strongly support the REXCORP family recreational plan for Epcal. Thank you.

2) To the Riverhead Town Board; I support the REXCORP entertainment park in Riverhead town. I believe that motorsports, equestrian centers, music venues, etc., will be great for the people. Finally something positive happening on Long Island! Thank you.

3) Dear Supervisor and town board members, I respectfully request that you support the REXCORP proposal at Epcal. My family is looking forward to it. Thank you.

4) Town Board Members, I understand that the REXCORP proposal at Epcal meets your recreational zoning and is offering at least a hundred million dollars. If this is true, please support it. I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't. Thank you.

5) Dear Sirs; My family and I support REXCORP's family entertainment plan at the old Grumman plant. I hope you do too!

6) Riverhead Town Board, REXCORP is a 100 million plus jobs, tax base, and recreation. JUST DO IT! Thank you.

7) Dear Supervisor and Town Council Members, I can thank of a hundred million reasons to vote for the motorsports/equestrian proposal at Epcal, but I can't think of one reason to vote against it. Can you? Thank you.

8) Dear Town Board, My family want the family entertainment proposal of REXCORP to happen. Please vote for it. Thank you.

9) Dear Riverhead Town, this is it guys, the ball is in your court. Do the right thing and vote for REXCORP. Good jobs, good taxbase, and good entertainment. Please don't delay. Vote YES! Thank you.

Please drown the council with letters if you want racing. I know we all do.

For more information, please read our other thread at http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11774 or visit the proposal at http://www.rexcorprealty.com/news_detail_23.htm

W. J.
06-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Might I add this one:

10) REXCORP has a proven record of getting things done, and had always had the ability to put together the proper financing and planning for projects of this magnitude. They would be the best choice to help the town of Riverhead and Long Island move forward in the development of a recreational facility that we all can enjoy and appreciate, and this facility would create meaningful jobs for many local people. I urge you to consider their proposal as the best use of the land at Calverton.

SuperShafts
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Also keep the letters to the point above and family entertainment that you and your family can enjoy here without leaving the state or making a 4, 6, 8 hour ride.

Leave out anything else, like drag racing, for the guy's that have, please stop with the drag racing issue only...it will hurt us. Trust me, you have no idea. Keep it to "we want the REXCorp proposal for our family entertainment"

LongIslandJam
07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Guess what folks? Town of Riverhead informs us they aren't getting much of a response from the racing community. Cmon' guys and gals, are you shy (I definitely know some of you aren't). Let's get a going and write in, or once again we lose a chance at something great...

rocket
07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
It's interesting that the spec drags tread get 1500 hits and this one 229. Some people just don't get it.

rocket
08-14-2007, 08:47 PM
See Riverhead Review, Ski mountain ups it's bid. Time to start writing is now. vote will be made soon. Wake up folks .

debbie33
08-14-2007, 09:09 PM
I spoke to Cardinale recently @ a Real Estate meeting and he stated that this company really isn't in the running because the things they want to do aren't things that the Town of Riverhead want or Dick Amper will let them allow. This company is looking to put in many lakes, have year round skiing (hello 90 degree weather in August that will really work), they want it to be somewhat of a timeshare resort area. It is still up in the air if either of these two proposals will work with the town. But keep those letters going to the Town so they know we the racers won't let the idea die. Also Jim Stark is in the running for Councilman and he might be someone we want to get on our side because he is all about bringing in money and revenue to the Town of Riverhead.

RGeeProductions
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Not that I want it at all, but skiing in August does work as it's an indoor slope they are proposing.
As for Jim Stark, I believe he is running for Supervisor against Cardinale and would be a good person to contact for that reason.

catfish
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Is this the same Jim Stark who previously had been Supervisor, and if so does this mean the Town meetings are at the Vous again, lol

RGeeProductions
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I thought those were secret meetings, dang.....

rocket
08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Well we are being heard. (see news 12) Yes keep writing letters and we can make it happen.

W. J.
08-29-2007, 07:57 PM
The info I got today is there are 2 for, 3 opposed to a track at Epcal. In addition to County Executive Levy's endorsement of the idea of a motorsports/recreational facility, letters sent to the Riverhead Town Clerk's office, marked "Attention Town Board", have to be given to the Town Board and are entered into the record of Town Meetings.
This method has more impact than any petition or email (I was told today), so if you want to help, go with a letter. Keep it simple; you think a RECREATIONAL facility, which should include motorsports, will be an economic boon to the County. Individual letters, written politely and not turning into rants, can go a long way to influence the outcome of this process, which I was informed today will probably come to a vote BEFORE election day.
If you are not a resident of Riverhead Town, a letter to whoever your local county representative is would also be helpful, as they do speak back and forth on issues like this, and your representative just may help swing things your way, also.
Just don't sit there, and don't give up hope, but action must be taken now if there is any chance left for this proposal. The alternative is a SKI MOUNTAIN!!! (Or something worse!!!)