PDA

View Full Version : Young Guns Run Well At Wcis, Rudolph Wins At Lancaster

RGeeProductions
06-21-2007, 09:43 PM
YOUNG GUNS RUN WELL AT WCIS, RUDOLPH WINS AT LANCASTER

The DeLange Racing Young Guns were both in action last weekend as the DeLange Modifieds headed to Wyoming County International Speedway on Sunday afternoon. The event was a 75-lap Race of Champions Modified Tour North Region race. Both Bobby Holmes of Lockport and Erick Rudolph of Ransomville were contenders for victory until problems impacted their efforts in the second half of the race.

The #45 Original Pizza Logs Modified of Rudolph lined up fourth on the starting grid and quickly followed outside polesitter John Markovic to second. He shadowed the leader until passing Markovic for the lead on a lap 44 restart. He stayed there until a slowly deflating right rear tire slowed his car and he began to fall back. At the checkered flag he was still a very creditable seventh.

“I was getting my hopes up for a win so I’m disappointed with how things turned out,” Rudolph admitted. “We ended up with a tire going flat. I think we should have come in for a new tire and we would have been better off and maybe got that win. Without the flat I think we still would have ended up in the top three and I would have been happy with that. Still, it was a very good day. This was our best run so far. I’m looking forward to our next RoC race at Lancaster .”

Holmes started sixth in the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified and quickly climbed to third behind his teammate. He remained very competitive in the top-five until handling and overheating issues slowed his pace. He pitted to try and correct the problems but eventually dropped out of the race due to the overheating. He was placed 14th in the finishing order.

“For the most part I stayed out of trouble today,” explained Holmes. “I still didn’t finish the race due to mechanical problems, but those are going to happen. It was just a matter of bad luck. We were overheating and couldn’t correct the problem. It ended up being a switch on the cooling fan. We were loose early in the race but we pitted for a right rear tire and the car was going to be really good once the tire grew to its proper size. I had some fun today but I still need to start finishing races.”

Rudolph drove the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman at Lancaster Raceway Park on Saturday night. Starting the 20-lap feature from seventh, he patiently worked his way forward. In the final laps he made a late charge to take the lead and won his second SST feature of the season at LRP. He raced the SST on Sunday at WCIS and finished the 25-lap feature in fourth after starting eighth.

The DeLange Modifieds have the weekend off, returning to action at Lancaster on June 30 in a 75-lap Race of Champions Modified Tour North Region event. Rudolph will be racing the SST this Saturday night at LRP in a 20-lap feature and in twin features on Sunday afternoon at Wyoming County.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing PR