PDA

View Full Version : Let's add a couple of Charger shows

bulldozer
06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Why don't we try to add a couple of Charger and maybe a couple more truck events to the future schedule? We don't even have to run heats for the trucks. We were done with the Late Models by 7 last night, not the heats, the main. We stalled to run the modifieds and still ran them in the day light. I saw many fans still buying tickets when the modifieds were running on the track. That's crazy. I know the track wants to get done early, but this is ridiculous. With the rainouts now, the Chargers only run 12 events and the trucks 8. I don't mind two weeks off, but I can almost guarantee we will have that with rainouts. The pits were empty. Let's get all the classes there. If you think there is a time issue, then just run main events. Everyone makes the field, no one is going home. I mean July 7th, no Figure-8's, no Chargers and no Late Models, that is plain out dumb. The Chargers were off this week and only race 1 time in July. The trucks also, only 4 more races. They are fun to watch now that they have 15 trucks and you see some of the best racing guys coming from the back to the front. Same with the Chargers. I know I watched the Modifieds the past 2 weeks and it was like 20 peas in a bowl. Not to take away from the Modifieds which are a main attraction, but I think there is way better racing in the lower divisons. I think the fans appreciate that bumping and banging action. Come on new stewards and Bob F., we should at least make an effort for this. 81

cuzzzy59
06-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I can't agree more with your view. What a boring night, waiting around for some 35 mins to see a 12 minute race. Absolutely the Chargers should've run at least last night. I was on my way home at 8:45 and it was still light out. As for the people still buying tickets your right again, most people work till 5 pm and can't get there till 6, so what's the big deal with starting a little later? But all this ranting won't change a thing, they made their money.:mad:

bulldozer
07-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I want to thank bob f and the riverhead staff for adding a charger event to the schedule this week.Thanks for listening to us.:cheers:

fred card
07-01-2007, 08:31 PM
bring back legends for the real racing

unowho243
07-02-2007, 01:00 AM
I agree thank you!

and as for the Legends BRING EM BACK