PDA

View Full Version : Rudolph Wins At Wcis

RGeeProductions
06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
RUDOLPH WINS AT WCIS; DELANGE MODS PREPARE FOR LANCASTER

Last weekend saw the DeLange Modifieds parked in the garage preparing for upcoming events. Young Gun Erick Rudolph of Ransomville was in action at the wheel of the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman. After a short and disappointing visit to Lancaster Raceway Park on Saturday night, he got back on track at Wyoming County International Speedway on Sunday afternoon.

On Saturday Erick was warming up the car on the Lancaster oval, preparing for the night’s racing. After only a few laps there was a problem with the motor. After the crew checked the engine it was determined they would not be able to race that night. The team headed home to Ransomville and the crew worked late into the night repairing the motor for Sunday.

The #12 team arrived at WCIS on Sunday morning tired but ready to race. Prerace practice confirmed the motor was running flawlessly. The first race on the schedule was a makeup 30-lap SST feature from a previous rainout. Erick lined up in eighth on the starting grid. After some early challenges coming up through the field, Erick finally made his way to the front and eventually finished second to winner Jim Pierce.

The crew went to work making adjustments in preparation for the regularly scheduled program. In his heat race Rudolph started seventh and finished second. He would line up on the outside of the front row for the 30-lap feature. He grabbed the early lead over Pierce and that pair would battle side-by-side for the first 12 laps. Eventually Rudolph would gain control and win by a comfortable margin.

“I started up front and used the outside groove to take the lead,” said Rudolph. “Pierce got up next to me and we had a pretty good battle going. The top lane is the place to be on the starts and he took advantage. My car was a little loose. Finally we broke free but even then I was still a little loose. I moved up the track a little bit to help it and the car also started to come around. It was good to end the day with a win because it’s been a tough weekend.”

This weekend Rudolph will kick things off on Friday with his first-ever visit to Spencer Speedway in Williamson , New York , for twin-20 lap SST features. Then on Saturday night the full DeLange team will be at Lancaster Raceway Park . Rudolph will drive the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST in a 20-lap feature. Bobby Holmes of Lockport will join his teammate as the DeLange Young Guns race the Original Pizza Logs Modifieds in a 75-lap Race of Champions Modified Tour North Region event.

Team owner Dave DeLange is looking forward to returning home for the Lancaster RoC race. “I think we have a good opportunity to finish well with both cars. Both our kids know the track and run well there. We know the setups needed run competitively there. I’m really optimistic about the opportunity to do well this coming weekend. It’s important for both our drivers to put on a good show in front of our home fans, especially Bobby. Bobby needs to get some confidence restored after a tough start to the season and I think a good finish at Lancaster will do that. Erick continues to get better each week and I maintain my belief that he will win a Modified race this year. He gets closer every time we race.”

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing