PDA

View Full Version : July 7+8 Modified Weekend.

Teds Race Tours
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
My buds and I are going to Monadnock on July 7th for the TVMRS 100 and the Twin State On July 8th for the WMT. We are booked right now at the Econo Lodge in Brattleboro, VT. Does anybody know of any decent hotel more centrally located to both tracks? Also is anybody else making the double that weekend? Thanks, TBax

gomodsgo
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
there isn't much that is central to both.

Keene NH has a bunch of hotels which is 45 mins from Claremont.

Claremont has 1 hotel (NOT that good) and the next closest is in Springfield VT, which I was told is sold out.

YOu can check BRattleboro, VT, Bellows Falls VT, Charlestown, NH, and there is a small hotel between Bellows Falls, VT and Keene NH, I believe it's in Westmoreland NH.

Teds Race Tours
06-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the info. See ya on the 8th.

Teds Race Tours
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Weather is starting to look iffy. We may change to a Central Pa Sprint Car Weekend, if it looks bad on friday.

Teds Race Tours
07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok. Looking like Orange County Fair Speedway on Saturday night for 2 Modified Features + 305 Sprints. Then TSS on Sunday night for the WMT. I think the weather at these 2 places will make for racing weather.

Teds Race Tours
07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Made the Trek to Monadnock and got rewarded with a GREAT SHOW. Tyler Alexander won an exciting race.

Groundpounder
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Overall, Monadnock was a great show, but it was marred by some questionable officiating that was a direct result of the series "owner" (or whatever you want to call him) competing in his own series.

The #5 car was parked for "rough riding" for allegedly causing the wreck that ended Jack's night (I say "allegedly" because I didn't see how it started, but there were quite a few cars involved including one other that was done for the night). Funny thing is, before that, Jack was hitting everything in sight. In particular, he put the #25 into the frontstretch wall (it was done for the night). He wasn't even sent tail for that. Big surprise, huh? The 17 needs to be retired if this series is going anywhere!