PDA

View Full Version : Sold!!!!

gzenduro12
06-28-2007, 07:17 AM
The #67 BB has been sold. With all this silly drama, go to the track on Saturday to see who will now be wheeling that machine.

KickItUp
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Just a fair question here.. Wayne himself boasted he has at least $30,000 into that car.. To me, that says it can't be BB stock as per the rules.. I am interested to know how much was paid, and if it is tech legal completely, more than I am interested in who bought it..
Good luck to whoever did, and good luck to all in whatever division he is going in to, if he is going in to one..

If this is an inappropraite question, I apologize, and this can be deleted.. I just was wondering out loud here..

W. J.
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Not really a fair question. The price is a private matter between the seller and the buyer, as with any sale. If either choose to answer this question, they may feel free to do so, but don't hold your breath waiting.

Erin C
06-28-2007, 10:58 AM
It is hard to imagine anyone would WANT to drive in a class that just went through 7 pages on bashing him (there was some in defense but for the most part against him)...the horsey wasn't the only thing that was exhausted here! :lol:

I saw a somewhat similar situation happen last season in the Thriller division at Mountain...I would hate to ever be at the receiving end of the stick like this because I would probably do the same thing, not race. It stinks giving up something you are passionate for whether you are the best driver and most mild mannered or the worst and hot headed...

I don't know, I just think sometimes we shouldn't write so many redundant posts bashing people...put yourselves in the shoes of the other individual, whether the statements made are true or false, replace their name with yours and see how it feels. Its easy to knock people while they are down behind a computer but it takes cajones to approach the individual to talk to them about it. JMO.

Tower Man
06-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow........!

Hollywood
06-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Go ErinB......

It's a shame how this board can get. Chris Turbush gets his head handed to him for an Illegal part, Wayne gets his head handed to him for an Illegal part, Ken never has a word said about him for "soaking"...another form of cheating. It just seems pretty selective to me. As a former owner of a car that was "walled" 2 times over the 4 years we owned it, and CRUSHED by a certain other car last year while we sat still with 4 other cars on the track, we never cried, we fixed it and went racing. The most important part was that we let the drivers handle it.. Not the Jam... Saying your part is ok and is your right, but I think it went too far and too long. And that's too bad.

Golf Guy
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
The fact is the 81 and the 67 were both DQ'd for something they did at the race track. The Jam is an open forum to express opinions regarding these matters. I don't think it affects Riverhead policy and if the driver(s) don't like it, they don't have to come here to read it. I have looked at every post and not all were against these drivers and many posts that were even had something positive in them.
I do think it is sad that the winner only got 526 views and 15 replies when the post in reference got 97 replies and over 4,500 view. This is similar to a traffic accident on the road, everyone slows down to look!
But, the Jam is a forum for the fans to be heard and they should be allowed to post their feelings. Not everyone will agree but that is the beauty of our country.

chris061
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh well, I guess now that the car was sold the freakin horse will fianally be dead. I have one question: did the extra steering wheel come with it? :lol:

KickItUp
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I apologize for my question regarding a private matter..

I would never have to put myself in shoes of the one being picked on in the other posts, because I would never do all that was done over the years to start with. We aren't talking about a choir boy here, but one who bullies, and worse, threatens, and then wrecks folks for no good reason than to better himself.. If you want to be like that, be prepared to be picked on.. That's my opinion..
And honestly, I don't think a bullying driver would give up his passion cuz he was picked on.. Try the guy getting wrecked every week, or threatened every week by the same other guy.. Those are the guys giving up their passions.. Put yourself in thier shoes..
1 bad seed can ruin a division. Is it better to not pick on that 1 bully, and let 12 guys and gals suffer, or do something about the bully and have 12 happy drivers.. Simple in my mind..

gzenduro12
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Race fans....You all have your opinions, but let it rest. The car has been sold. AS WJ stated, the price is of no concern except between the buyer and seller. I wish the best of luck to the individual riding that car this Saturday. Get R' Done Bro.

Erin C
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I see your point completely, but I'm just trying to say if it is something everyone feels so strongly about then protest to the officials...they are the ones that need to deal with it.

When I said what I said in my previous post it was a generality...not a specific. I'm just saying *what if* something happened on the track involving John Doe and people started posting ninety some posts where a lot are very negative and it turns out he is innocent and it can be proven...harsh words can't be erased once they are said. I'm just not a fan of negativity...it irks me...

But that's enough from me already :) have a great race weekend everyone!!

Gravel
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
It's really too bad that Wayne sold the car. He has got talent. Just doesn't have the head to go with that talent. The fact that he sold the car leaves his intent this past Sat. questionable. If he had a "brake problem", and got set down for a reason he doesn't agree with, then, take the week off and come back and RACE!! MANY others have done that including myself. Selling the car just puts him in a bad light. IMHO.

W. J.
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
With regard to the number of views or 'hits' referred to above. It reflects how many times people came and looked, not how many people looked. If someone came back to see what was going on (like I have more than 15 times a day), then each counts as the thread being viewed. I'm sure many looked and made no comments, but wanted to follow what was happening, hence the high counts.
If this thread is going to turn into another debate on the subject, it may have to close also, so please, let's just leave it as the information that the car was sold, without the 'editorials' on who sold it or why.

Hey Hey Hey
06-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Amen.. Hope the person that bought the car puts on a good CLEAN show.. Congrats to the person that bought it! Good Luck

The Bullfather
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Wayne does have the talent, I know he was looking to maybe run with the Late Models. With the prices of building and keeping the car to go competitive each week, maybe some different driving style will come. With each division, you have to adjust to the drivers around and the horsepower and also handling of the car. I hope Wayne does get into Late Model or another division. I did enjoy watching Wayne race, it stinks the past 2 weeks of circumstances have tarnished his driving skills. Wayne can wheel a car and does have passion for this sport. Keep your head in the game! With the issues that have happened,please remember, Wayne has had the car for sale for awhile! He didn't just put the "for sale" sign on this week.

RacinRob
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I think Wayne has a ride in another car, in a higher division. That's the word around town.

turn1cowboy
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Uh oh, whatever division it is, hope he drive's with his head.

tstiles
06-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I Can Asure You That The Guy Who Bought Wayne's Car Is A Clean Racer. (NO WORRIES) And One Lucky Son Of A Gun For Getting That Car. THAT'S AN AWESOME CAR.. Good Luck Mr. Lucky.

RickFigure8
06-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I know it was mentioned in one of the threads here that he was sitting out for one week. If that was true it used to be when suspended you could not even come into the pits. I have no idea how it is now though like so many other things that seem to change weekly.

Tower Man
06-29-2007, 08:26 AM
Rick...

It depends on how the penalty is written. It could say suspended form the next event at Such & Such Raceway or it could say suspended form NASCAR for "X" number of weeks. If it states the latter, then you are not permitted in any NASCAR pit area, whether it be Riverhead, Thompson, Stafford or New Hampshire.

nflobster
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
why do you mention newhampshire:rolleyes: :-B :D :cheers: .

Tower Man
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Isn't there a race in New Hampshire this weekend? Maybe that's the one that came to mind.

Could have been Michigan or Talladega or Sonoma for that matter.

art11758
06-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't it be something if the car was sold to a driver from Ridge?? For like a dollar. If it were true it would be an interesting statement. Ah well, back to lurking.......

nflobster
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
i figured you saw him up there with civalli

Tower Man
06-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Not up there...home recuperating from serious knee surgery.

bulldozer
06-29-2007, 01:06 PM
HEard he might be racing a charger.Oh ****

unowho243
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I Can Asure You That The Guy Who Bought Wayne's Car Is A Clean Racer. (NO WORRIES) And One Lucky Son Of A Gun For Getting That Car. THAT'S AN AWESOME CAR.. Good Luck Mr. Lucky.

Yes Mr. Lucky is a good clean driver! good luck with it Mr. lucky haha

tstiles
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
does anyone know how it was articulated on the suspension letter ?

Tower Man
06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
I would think that is between the recipient and NASCAR. Let's move on.

This has turned into a soap opera...."stay tuned for another chapter in As the 67 Turns Other Cars."

W. J.
06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Great idea, Tower Man. This subject already has accumulated enough casualties.

LongIslandJam
06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree with both of you. So here's a summary:

* Wayne's car has been sold
* Wayne is looking to move up
* Wayne is looking at week or race away from the track.

We'll find out how this drama unfolds tomorrow and next week.:)