PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Modified Tour Takes Hit For NASCAR's Overstuffed NHIS Schedule

ShawnCourchesne
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Whelen Modified Tour Takes Hit For NASCAR's Overstuffed NHIS Schedule (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2007/06/whelen-modified.html)

randomrodder
06-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Well done Shawn. This is the first time I've visited your site, good job.

Camper Lady
07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Well done, dose this make you wonder why a lot of teams want to run the TVSeries? Take a long look at the over all view, what would you do run all green flag laps and give the fans a good show to watch for there money or run most of the laps under caution and let the fans waste there money on a caution lap show

Kevin
07-01-2007, 02:12 PM
The way I see it is

A) Cautions laps count. You get short bursts of green flag laps with cautions strewn between thoughout the race. So you get less green flag racing, and the show drags out a bit long. Taking a chance on a rain shortened race, or just plain ole' running out of time to finish the race.
or
B) Cautions don't count and the drivers crash, spin etc. just as much, causing again, short burts of green flag racing with cautions strewn between throught the race. So you don't knock off laps under yellow but the clock still ticks away, so the show drags a bit long. Taking a chance on a rain shortened race or just plain ole' running out of time to finish the race.

OK SO if "A" is WMT and "B" is TVMS which way is really better? NIETHER!!!
This isn't a matter of which series has the better way. THis is a matter of the drivers being warned they might have to shorten the race, BEFORE HAND, and that some of those drivers caused a bunch of cautions for what ever reason. If the race went green to checker, caution free, then what, job well done?
Facts are there are going to be cautions, how many yellows, how many laps the cars go wround under the yellow, counted as scored or not, time still ticks off the clock.
So the day you get an entire field of drivers decide to run the entire race without someone making a mistake (human error) part/engine failure, debris, etc. is probably the day you saw the most boring race of your life.
Then someone is going to go on the forums and say there should be a competition yellow because the race sucked and I got ripped off.
Who really got ripped off? The drivers/teams/owners that didn't cause anything to bring out yellows and didnt get to run the rest of the race. Or then again maybe they didn't get ripped off because they didnt get caught up in one of the ineveitable cautions that could have come out in the closing laps.
And if you really think think not counting yellow laps is the cure, come to Staffoerd for an SK race where its only green falg laps that count.
June 8th, 40 laps 13 or 14 cautions, time of race, 1hr:13min:51.704sec
June 29th 40 laps 11 or 12 cautions, time of race, 52min:01.002sec

kinserfan11
07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
That was BS because they cut it short because for the Nascar BGN race and Nextel Cup Practice !!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

WillyKJr
07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Nothing BS about it. There was plenty of time to run that race had they actually raced instead of Earnhardting the damn thing up with cautions. What the hell is going on with this Tour? The term "caution-marred" is being used waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much lately.

Like it or not they are always on the bottom of that pecking order but that is nothing new and should still be looked at as a great opportunity to race the best division of race car at a great facility and make the best of it. Instead they have AGAIN disapointed. They used to put on shows at NHIS that had EVERYBODY impressed now they are just in the way. If that is how the show will continue to go I don't want them there because it is getting embarassing to be a die-hard Mod guy and see that crap go on.

Hate to say that my loved Mod Tour is struggling pretty bad right now and for a change it isn't NASCAR related.

ThE sHaDoW
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Just curious, what do you think will happen with the Silver Crown cars being added to the schedule for the next race weekend? Same amount of NASCAR divisions + open wheelers. How do you fit this into the schedule? http://www.nhis.com/Event%20Schedule%20-%20Guest%20(NNCS%202).pdf and how do they get a one day schedule? Mod tour off on Friday again, park haulers Wednesday. Just plain ole stupid.

Axel
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
there will have to be some serious management of that schedule. Looks pretty hairy.

On a side note, I will be in NH for that weekend and I am considering going to the tour race (only), but that schedule looks so nutty that given the last 2 tries for a SAT mod tour show, I just don't know how it will all shake out.

So, do I pay lotsa money for probably less than 100 laps? Is it worth it? I was at the July race last year and was very disappointed in the finish... Then again the 50 green flag laps I saw last year were pretty darn good.