PDA

View Full Version : Who's actually watching?

cuzzzy59
07-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Wow is all i can say on the officiating last night.Nobody could tell [robin v] that the 44 spun,and the 15 was a victim of circumstance.And as for the 2 officials on the hill,boy oh boy if anybody else even thought of arguing his or her spot they would of been sent off the track.3 seperate occasions did the 2 car do this,and he was simply allowed to continue,If you want to officiate the track then lets come to some sort of consistantsy with it. The modified drivers are screaming and yelling in the pits, because the way " THE EYES SEE IT". You the drivers put on the show out there,and should demand to meet with all in charge to equal the playing field when it comes to the "CALLS". :(

nobandwagonhere
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
...or how about Brigati bringing out the caution and getting his spot back.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fastgal
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
the flagman was upset with the restart and pointed the flag at tommy and then the track brought out the sweeper to get the speedydry off the track. i dont think brigati deserves anything bad to be said of him for last nights race.

cuzzzy59
07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Duke are you kidding me,brigati caused the caution and he gets his spot back! I put the blame on the 2 on the hill,that clean up job was the worst i've seen. If the people who make the rules can't enforce them,then the result you viewed last night will continue,and so will the fighting in the pits.

The Bullfather
07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
ummmmmmm bad restart, I think they were going to recall it anyway. Dave was spun out from it.

RickFigure8
07-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't believe Dave spun. He either got slammed out of the pack or got on it too hard himself and went up there to save it. If the no-start was for someone going too soon then I feel he was lucky and should go back where he was starting but if it was for him sitting there then he goes to the back. Was it announced what the no-start was for? I wasn't near a speaker.

The Bullfather
07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Believe it was announced as a bad start.

RGeeProductions
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
I was outside listening to Bob Finan announcing, on the radio [car radio 88.7 hooked into press box]. Bob said they had a bad start and there was a talk with Rogers. If Dave had spun on that start, he gets his spot back as it was called due to a bad start not him. It has always been like this.

Jaws
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know what was said on the radio but when the 3 went into 3 he never came up to speed, the green came out and the caution looked like it was thrown for the 3 which almost stopped in 4.

I thought he may have hit he kill switch.

I was looking at the 3 not the starter, if its what they call a lazy green that was going to be pulled quick anyway because of Rodgers jumping it was the right call.

It could have gone either way.

fred card
07-01-2007, 08:24 PM
44 did not spin he kept going 15 caused caution trying to dump dan the man :

LongIslandJam
07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey Fred,

Technically speaking - with the incident you were referring to the #36 Dave Sapienza brought out the caution, and thus was put to the rear. Technically speaking...

nflobster
07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
iv'e only been to a few races this year and i would say that the 3 car has been one of the better guys to race with which cannot be said of alot of the others.

The Bullfather
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Dave and his crew has really gotten thoses cars together, they have their A game on this year. Sorry Dave I didn't pick ya in the top ten. I know I'll hear at the season end. lol

fastgal
07-02-2007, 08:08 AM
looks like we got a hater:rolleyes:

Tower Man
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
It seems like no matter who calls the shots no one is happy.The "Two on the Hill" as I see them being called are doing the best they can. They went form being directed to directing. No small task.

Any mistakes they may make will be due to inexperience, not bad judgement or poor officiating. They both never raced and to my knowledge never built or owned a race car. So no need to drag out the DAPO buttons.

Two men thrown into a situation they may not have been expecting, but give them time to sort all this out and they will be fine.

No body sees all and nobody is perfect.

Jim, Mike, keep up the good work. And don't let the bashers get to you.

bulldozer
07-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree there joe.I think the chief stewards are doing a great job up there.They listen to you after the races and you can voice your opion to them.I dont think anyone is perfect.They put jr to the back not because he spun the 49 but because he was involved ,right call.I dont think jr spun chris on purpose.I think he just wanted to send him up the track.As for daves call i guess smokey thought tom left to early and that was a break for dave.I think everyone could use a break here and there.Dave got lucky and good for him.I think he is doing the best driving he has ever done in that modified and i hope he keeps it up.81

The Bullfather
07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I have to say they are trying hard to make things right. They both came walking down the track after JR and Young incident in turn 1. They wanted to hear who had the best point of view of the accident and they got their answer from Robin. It's a team effort and I think it's working pretty good. We've had some issues the past few weeks that the whole team had to make calls for, of course some people aren't going to like the calls. But I believe they're effort is making things better for our sport.

nitros77
07-02-2007, 04:38 PM
give it a little while it should get better.something that was screwed up for years is not gonna be fixed in a few weeks.heck its already better none of them have screamed in our faces like we are little kids lol.

W. J.
07-02-2007, 08:57 PM
It seems like no matter who calls the shots no one is happy.The "Two on the Hill" as I see them being called are doing the best they can. They went from being directed to directing. No small task.

Hey Tower Man, remember what Walt Edsall used to say, "If I leave here at the end of the night and half the people hate me, and the other half love me, I must be doing a good job."

I think Mike and Jim are trying their best to get a handle on things, and in the end, more will be happy with the results of those efforts.

Tower Man
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
W.J. , he also used to say, "Joe, gosh darnit, tonight only 5 drivers like us", I would say who Walt? And he would say "The five feature winners. Now let's go steal a beer from one of them."