PDA

View Full Version : George Sprague

cuzzzy59
07-02-2007, 08:40 PM
To Roger Maynor: you gave a great interview with the bull, but not for nothing, the Figure-8's have become boring without you and George going at it week in, week out. You've proven to be the best in the Figure 8, no doubt, but George added that level of intensity that has now disappeared, for me at least. If not the Figure-8, hopefully he will come back to 1 of the divisions.. Jmo, no disrespect here.:)

The Bullfather
07-02-2007, 08:49 PM
If he had the right ride and had a crew behind him without him missing family time, George would be back!

figure849
07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
George would be GREAT to have back with the figure 8 division

Fkraft99
07-03-2007, 07:16 AM
I Think You Can Look For That Intensity Level To Pick Up When The Fig8s Return In A Couple Weeks.

HeHeHe

BoomBoom
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I am positive the next race will bring Roger a little more competition. Roger is definitely running away with the division. He is a very good and experienced driver and his car is dialed in at the moment. Ferrara is with a new team, and a new car in the 0x, and he is just getting comfortable in his new ride, so he is sure to add a little more competition for the the front runners. Double Zero Racing and Johnny Go Fast have put together a great motor in that car. Then you have Tom Graff in 00. He is in his second year of racing, and we all have to agree that he has been a very quick learner. He, too, is in a new car, and once he figures the kinks out, there is no doubt that he will run up front. If you look, he is currently in second in points. Kenny Hyde, as long as he keeps the car from spinning, will run up front as well. Hopefully in the weeks to come, you will see a big difference.

leah28racing
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd like to see George back also. I liked George. Tom Graff is doing well,Just some hard luck for him. I'd like to thank him for defending my dad Saturday night also. Glad he sees it, as my dad's been racing for years and has a lot more experience than the rest of the field, not that he was cheating, because he won 5 races in a row. Thanks Tom!

racerwife
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
We would also love to see George return. Cleanest racer ever, ...if he wants to go around you he did ! No touching, dumping, banging or anything else. It was like he had the track to himself.
And the only driver who consistently gave Roger a run for his money. Talent to talent, car to car, they were pretty even...
And as for Roger cheating... he doesn't need to cheat when equipment and talent run consistantly well!!! Seems I've heard people before grumble and complain... let's see...Joey "B", Downtown, George S., to name a few that still are remembered. All had excellent equipment, talent, and yes, luck too !
Go get 'em Roger. What was that number you set as a new record? On course to breaking it again, aren't you? Power On and show them what you can do!!!

The Bullfather
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
We could see some competition on Pitbull this weekend. hehehe (sorry Fred, stealing your girlie laugh there lol) I wonder what that means??? hmmm We'll all have to wait till Saturday!

modprincess8x
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't like that laugh Frederick! What are you up to?

Fkraft99
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.... ;)

The Bullfather
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Fred do they know our evil to take over the world? lol

Or maybe someone's ambitions to take it to next level? hmmmm Nevermind the first one or the second. lol

modprincess8x
07-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Now you add a smiley face to that laugh?!?!?! Am I going to need a blindfold to watch the next figure eight race? My stomach is already knotting up thinking about it.

Tommyj16
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
To comment on "cheating" by Leah, when you walk into a conversation in the middle, you missed the most important thing. What was said was my car owner wants to know how much MORE he needs to spend to be more competitve, because second, or third, or spun out, is not good enough. Nobody said the "cheating" word, you did.

Fkraft99
07-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Nah, Ker, no blindfold needed, I'm still delaying my return. But at least Roger will have a little more competition.

Tower Man
07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Why can't we all just get along? A nice thread about missing George, who BTW, I enjoyed racing with him and watching him race. And how Roger is dominating the competition.

But let's not forget the defending champion, T K Tom Kraft. Low budget, small crew etc....If T K hopped back into last year's car, it would be good clean hard racing fun. And he would add to his win column, which is 4th on the All-Time win list while missing a few year's while living in Florida.

figure849
07-03-2007, 06:03 PM
tommy16, Scorpion builds our motor.

RickFigure8
07-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Did I just see those two words in the same paragraph? Fred? Return? Oh, and I'm being good again. I don't want to but I am.

fisherman
07-05-2007, 05:35 AM
You all keep complaining about the faster cars. You all might just be using a crate motor and the the good cars will still be way faster.

leah28racing
07-05-2007, 08:54 AM
The funny thing is, is that dad's always willing to help everyone. Not too many drivers are willing to help anyone.

W. J.
07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Gee, not seeing too much mention of George Sprague in more recent posts. So, this thread will be 'cleaned', and if it goes off topic again, closed.

Golf Guy
07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Yeah let's get back to throwing some love at my man George!

Mortgage Guy
07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I saw George at the outing and I have to say I have not seen him look that relaxed in a long time. Retirement has done him good, but he is missed. Fred, who's coming out?? Should we start another thread with our guesses??

Fkraft99
07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Not so much WHO is coming back Timmy, but WHAT is coming back.

I'll give ya a hint. It's celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.... ;)

fisherman
07-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey Fred, that's to easy, but what about its twin that's turning 49?