PDA

View Full Version : From 1 motorports participant/fan to another

SuperShafts
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
If you could all do me a favor e-mail Mr. mecoleman@news12.com

Just tell him how you would love to see the "local as local news gets" report on the "local as local track at Riverhead is" amongst other forms of motorsports reporting during the sports segments

After contacting him about why no motorsports reporting, he is interested in a survey...

All those with sponsors...

Rich Mergl
07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
It`s done, E-Mail completed

racerwife
07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Email sent... that was easy.

Come on folks... drum up some support for your track, and in the process get those race results heard by your neighbors.

SuperShafts
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Michael is a nice guy he responded to me so we'll see maybe we can get some coverage on news 12, would be nice.

I also told him to stop by tomorrow i got a steak and a cold beverage just for him..

Rich Mergl
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Got an E-Mail back also. Wants to receive regular E-mails from the (LOCAL)
Racing site. Can this be arranged by the JAM and Riverhead.

LongIslandJam
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
What kind of e-mails would he like? We'll hook him up:)

Rich Mergl
07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
He didn`t specify other than a "LOCAL" Mailing list. Maybe you could contact him @ his web site given on post #1. THANKS
Maybe we could get TV coverage for the Memorial Race on July 21ST
Or the Whelen Modified Tour Race on August 4TH I`m sure Whelen would assist on the later event.
Maybe he just wants to know what is going on specific nights.

SuperShafts
07-03-2007, 07:16 PM
The interest in seeing motorsports covered during sports on News 12, I also added in my e-mail that it would be great to see the local as local news gets team cover the local as local raceway gets here on Long Island.

LongIslandJam
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
You got it Rich!

He's been e-mailed:)

N.Y. racing
07-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks to SuperShafts for bringing this to News12 ~!!!:cheers:

SuperShafts
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Honestly my buddy Andy brought it up, and then I went you know what, they're always with that "as local as local gets" slogan and they do the HS sports. So I said you know what, why don't they do the Riverhead Raceway...that is local as local racing gets? So I took a shot, but if Andy didn't open his mouth and put the idea there, I might not have tried it..

W. J.
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I think it's a great idea, though I'm not a cable subscriber. Any news program could be improved by showing real news, like local racing, instead of constantly dwelling on the empty lives of so-called celebrities like P. Hilton. At least race car drivers have a talent to display!