PDA

View Full Version : Twin State Speedway

Sandra
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
The #79 will not be at Twin State Sunday. When you count in the cost of fuel for the hauler, pay a truck driver, motel rooms, pit passes, entry fees, milage on the race motor, wear and tear on the race car to run heat races and the race it does not make any sense. You are losing money before you even leave the race shop. If we run Twin State and Riverhead it is saying it is OK to run is for nothing. Our racing team operates for profit and there is no way we can possibly make any profit running for that purse. (Like we ever make a profit, but we can hope, LOL) Why should Thompson and Stafford run is for $6,000 to win when we have shown we will run for $2,500. Not the #79. We will be at Caraway Friday nite and Friendship on Sunday nite.

stefanikfan
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm not an owner or a driver, just a fan. But, it makes sense to me Sandra. Kinda foolish to travel all that way spending alot o' $$ for nothing.

Good luck at Caraway!

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan:cheers:

Camper Lady
07-04-2007, 05:37 PM
:wave: Sandra (you go girl) from the New Mouth of the South LOL Good Luck at Caraway. Call me if you need me LOL

gomodsgo
07-05-2007, 09:15 AM
sense when does racing = profit?

Too bad that the 79 wont be there.

WMT does still mean Whelen modified TOUR, right? It's a tour. You travel around. Maybe the teams should boycott the WHOLE series and propose to Thompson and Stafford they go and have a 2 track series. No traveling and you can start making a profit cause there will be no wrecks, no travel money, no hotels, no overnights, no camping, no parties.

I know TSS worked hard to try to get a WMT and before this reduced purse was offered there was NO WAY IN hell that the track could have the race.

Just MY opinion, and it might mean nothing, but I will be at TSS, and will thank all the teams for coming up. Might be the first and last time if no one shows up.

ThE sHaDoW
07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

jfp711
07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
It's bad enough you lose a ton of money running the tour, so why should lose even more money with the flash format, I've spoken with a few of the tour drivers why should they support running for a bullsh** purse when NASCAR pulls the plug on the laps run @ NHIS, if I owned a modified I'd run on the true value tour, screw NASCAR, as far as the #79 team I think it's great that they will be home this weekend I'll be able to watch Pitgate on Sunday @ friendship.David has done a great job of supporting the tour but sometimes you have to take a look at what makes the most sense, run two shows in my backyard or run over 1100 miles away to hopefully lose only a couple of thousand dollars with a tour rather than have a chance to win carraway & friendship in the same weekend.

uticamike
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Sandra, I can understand your view point. Frankly I never understood how
you Hillbillys ever justified traveling North to race. I'm not complaining mind you I enjoy your presence. I hope NASCAR takes note that a devoted team
like the Hills must now consider other venues. I hope you can bring the 79 and
Woody out to Oswego for the ROC in Sept. All are welcome. Good luck this weekend.

WillyKJr
07-06-2007, 02:26 PM
The #79 will not be at Twin State Sunday. When you count in the cost of fuel for the hauler, pay a truck driver, motel rooms, pit passes, entry fees, milage on the race motor, wear and tear on the race car to run heat races and the race it does not make any sense. You are losing money before you even leave the race shop. If we run Twin State and Riverhead it is saying it is OK to run is for nothing. Our racing team operates for profit and there is no way we can possibly make any profit running for that purse. (Like we ever make a profit, but we can hope, LOL) Why should Thompson and Stafford run is for $6,000 to win when we have shown we will run for $2,500. Not the #79. We will be at Caraway Friday nite and Friendship on Sunday nite.

Good call. That's the beauty of that team. They just race. WMT, WSMT, N-S Shootout, M-D thingy, whatever. The NASCAR folks need to understand they need to create a place where teams WANT to compete and not try and threaten them into it. That never works.

The Twin State show will go on without the 79 team and the 79 team will race without the WMT. Beautiful thing. Now if we could just get the weekly tracks to run Mods again so we don't have to have the same 35 teams show up every week we'd be getting somewhere...

Best of lucky Hillybilly Racing at Caraway and Friendship. I think two victories is attainable :-)