PDA

View Full Version : Big Update For Beaters!!!!

CJfilms
07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Last night at MVS, the 4th of July show was rained out, they have rescheduled the event for July 29th, the same day as the NEETS event!

THIS WILL BE A HUGE WEEKEND FOR MVS AND NEETS!!!!!

MVS stands hold about, but not limited to, 2,000 people! That's a nice sized audience for NEETS, huh?

First off, we will have ALL three of our normal races, the 4cyl/6&8cyl/TRUX, plus our ladies race, AND NOW, A 100 LAP STREET STOCK RACE AND A 100 LAP MODIFIED RACE.

These Twin 100 lap races will draw a huge crowd! This is our chance to put on a good show for the fans and attract more drivers. I want to see this car count be the highest yet, by far!!! So spread the word!

The regular NEETS race will also include a 100 lap Modified race and a 100 lap Street Stock race!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

This event is sponsored by Drews Enterprises. I think Eric will be very satisfied at this event!

Spread the word....spread the word...spread the word!

CJfilms
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Did you forget? I know I did......

Beater's in July means one thing...SANTA!!!!

We will be accepting toys for the kiddies in the stands to give away mid-day. Keep in mind, we should be expecting over a thousand fans, so there will be a lot of kiddies!!!! We are looking for non-expensive toys for either boy or girl....like a (I know I'm showing my year here...) GI Joe action figure or a barbie doll..... Erin is donating a bunch of Beanie Babies for the girlies ;)

Let me know if you need more info on this...

Plus we have to find an appropriate suit for Santa. We don't want Santa in a portable red sauna!!!

richardpetey
07-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Hopefully, the dogtrack won't charge us extra entrance fees to cover their mod and S/S purses.....................:disgusted
Plus, you know whos gonna run last that day..........be a late night.........:help:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NJ Chick
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't know about having to help cover their purse, but I don't see why we wouldn't just race our normal time. We've been completing all three divisions plus a ladies race before 4:30. Mahoning starts their divisions usually at 6:00, even on a Sunday, which leaves plenty of time for their management to clean up the track before the mods/SS have to race. It would be nice to get some kind of confirmation on all of this though...Joe?? Joe???? Where are ya Joe???:p

p.s. Hey Joe, guess you liked my Santa idea...How about a pair of Bermuda shorts/Hawaiian shirt and flip flops for Tropical Santa???
:wave:

EnduroFromDE
07-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm doing an update on my website( www.sappracing.net ). It is a step-by-step page on how to build a four cylinder enduro car. With me typing about enduro racing so much, it makes me so tempted to get another one built for another race. This might be my chance. I'm going to talk to my peeps, no not the marshmallow bunnies we eat at Easter, but some people I know. I have to find a cheep car, and somewhere to stash this thing. My driveway is filled with a trailer and Pinto already, and with no shed, space is limited. But I have a fellow racer that works, and stashes his own car at a junkyard a few miles from my house. I'm going to talk to him on Monday and if it all goes well, and he can hook me up with a car, I WILL BE THERE!!! I should be able to gut, tweak, and paint this thing in a month. Well, I don't need to paint it, but I gotta look nice. I've never been to Mahoning before, anything different I should expect from the NEETS at Mountain?? The enduro rules are still NEETS right? Please let me know, I don't want to go up there and get turned down for something stupid. ENDURO RACING, HERE I COME!!!

richardpetey
07-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Atta Boy Steve! Take a trip to the dogtrack...................:applause:
The only thing you gotta know about Mahoning can be explained in one word.......PUSH, hehe....................:help:
It's really not that bad if you use 200 mph tape to fasten your helmet to the rollcage....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
07-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Ok, last night, Gena and I spoke about the upcoming event....There will be some changes, but for everyone's benefit!

1st: Change your plans, get to the track early!!! We will be starting at 1pm (subject to change....become earlier!!!).

2nd: NEETS MEMBERS will be signing is at the pit gate as just that...MEMBERS. The Pit admission is going to be a little more, not by much, but you will have access to the pits for the entire event. (I'll announce prices soon.)

3rd: Grandstands as well are more, but that generally won't make a difference since the fans have been short...not height!!

Here's the deal...We are running first, I would like to keep this info off of the MVS forums for now as not to cause a panic, but NEETS drivers have a right to know. We will run our event early, they will sweep the track down, then the event will be followed by a couple of heats and consis and then the 2 100 lappers....all this is followed by FIREWORKS!!!!!!

******Please note: This is public info now, I am not hiding anything from anyone. I merely don't want to upset/anger anyone from MVS with the notice that we are running first. Mods and SS both pay good money for tires, so they have a legitimate reason for not wanting to run after an enduro... The track will be swept before they even practice, so there will be no debris left over. But I know this will not mean that there will be no complaints as to the running order, therefore, I need to inform the NEETS drivers so they are there on time, but do not want to frighten the Mod/SS drivers that their cars may be damaged by enduro debris. That is all..... ;)********

We are going to advertise in AARN with a BIG AD. This should draw out a few extra fans in the stands and hopefully we will be running in front of a few thousand fans this time! Look for the ad next week in AARN. It will be advertised as such: 2 100 lap events at MVS, plus fireworks, plus enduros. Gena and I have already struck a deal about running order, so we will advertise that the enduros are last and people won't have to sit through them...then we'll run them first to let people see them first hand!

THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR BIG EVENT FOR THE SEASON...LET'S MAKE IT THE BEST YET!!!!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

........about prices...I will announce them when I feel the time is right. Gena is in charge of MVS, not me, so I don't want to make it seem like I am dictating HER prices. When she announces it, or it hits the papers, I will update everyone here on the forums.

jhelmer25
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm doing an update on my website( www.sappracing.net ). It is a step-by-step page on how to build a four cylinder enduro car.

I found that information to be very useful! I'm looking to get involved in NEETS and building an enduro car at some point in the near future, but right now I'm lacking a car trailer, so that's going to be my first step.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to it, and this seems like a ton of fun!

Erin C
07-10-2007, 12:14 PM
It definitely is a blast! It is definitely "the most fun you will ever have in the front seat of a car" ;)

jhelmer25
07-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I have attended several enduro's as a spectator, and must say it was a great time! Now I have this bug in my system to get something put together, or find something used.

Erin C
07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
And that is what we love to hear!

EnduroFromDE
07-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Jason, at least I know that someone is looking at my website.
If you do need any help, you can email me ( Racin4cylDE@comcast.net ) or post any questions here and you WILL get some responses. I'm still working on getting a car set for the Beaters. Instead of the "Beaters with Heaters", shouldn't it be called "An Enduro Mission with Air Condition". That might be too long to fit on a sign. But with all the hype to get a larger than ever fan base and more drivers, this will be a good chance to achieve this "mission". Anyway, I WILL be there in the pits with or without a car, preferably with a car. I'm looking a getting a Vdub, or if this deal doesn't go through, there's a few Saturn SC1's down at the junkyards. I'm looking at putting out no money to get this car going. I have my old window net, racing harness, and pretty much everything I need. I have my helmet, shoes, suit, and transponder from my Pinto ride, so I just need a car now and I will be ready for the 29th.

rpkulik
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Jason, if you have a welder you can do like Art and I did and build a tow dolly. A lot cheaper than a trailer. Send an email if you are interested.

richardpetey
07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Is that what happened to the #266, it broke loose from your tow dolly, hehe.............................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
The only thing bad about a wheel dolly is if you tear up the suspension. You would be dragging the car. I, coming from Delaware, built my own little landscapping style trailer, just big enough for the car. I will add that on my website on how to build this. It might cost a little bit more, but will save you the hassle of getting the car back home if, I'm sorry, WHEN you wreck it.

BlingxBling
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Joe, you said the events were all followed by fireworks? I believe the fireworks that were scheduled for the 4th have been rescheduled for the night before...I can assure you the crap is likely to hit the fan, you made the right decision leaving it to Gena to make the announcement on the MVS forum, you would have gotten eaten alive...different breed down there...:wave:

Erin C
07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
hehe...that's the truth. But when Joe talked to Gena, she also said she was going to save the fireworks for after the 2 100 lappers, even though it was supposed to be that Saturday. It is all her decision...I would have done the same thing if I was in her shoes, too, because the fireworks were ORIGINALLY scheduled to go off after the 2 100-lappers.

Either way, I think it is going to be a fantastic day :)

BlingxBling
07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Sure thing as long as the rain stays away. Does NEETS still run rain/shine/snow?

CJfilms
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
you betcha!!!

Rain, snow?, shine, sleet! but not lightning!

And yes, Gena was the one who told me that the fireworks would be on the Sunday program, that was not my decision. Things would be really out of control if I just decided to post that up without consulting with her first!!! lol

And Bling, you hit the nail on the head, that is why I am leaving it up to Gena to announce it on the MVS forums, simply because I shouldn't be telling her racers what is happening..."I'm not da boss! I just act like one!" :lol: ....oh yeah, that saying goes the same for me being a donkey!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

W. J.
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I also heard that NEETS doesn't run during hurricanes, tornados or earthquakes, just to set the record straight, LOL. Oh yeah, no racing during Tsunami's also. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ Chick
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Hmmm....I don't know about that WJ...we ran the first Femduro during a Tropical Storm! :eek: It rained so hard you could hardly see, the water was like a river going across the track, the wind was blowing, the trees were whipping around, we were all spinning out all over the place and it just kept raining harder and harder. We all stuck it out though, we NEETS folk ain't no wimps! :lol: :wave::) :D

Hey Steve, it will be great to see you again! Hope you have a car to run, we've missed you!:cool:

Welcome aboard jhelmer25, look forward to meeting you some time soon!:cheers:

W. J.
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey NJ, I bet the women were so busy looking in their mirrors while they drove that they didn't know it was raining, LOL.:lol:

I do remember being at one NEETS race where some people had removed their wipers and had to stick their heads out the side to see the track in front of them. Eugene Malverty finished 5th in that one.:cheers:

I know, I know, sexist joke, sorry.

BlingxBling
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I recall that event Cindy....it is a wonder I didn't catch pneumonia. My friend Lisa and I were there in our ponchos...we still ended up soaking wet...

EnduroFromDE
07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
My only race in the rain was last year, I forget which race it was, but the transponders went down. I know it's hard to believe the transponders went down at Mountain Speedway, but they did. They ran the 6/8's. They tried to run the trux and needed scorers in the tower. Then we tried to run the 4cyl and had that meeting in the infield. We decided to run the race, but split the field. Of course there were 50 cars, and I was supposed to start 25th, so I started last in the first race. It had to follow a car in front of me that was going slow and luckily, they kept their third brake light in so I knew where I was going. With no windshield wipers, I couldn't see, so I followed the car with the light. I ended up putting wipers and washers that Sunday after the race. Anyway, hope to see all of those NEETS NUTS and some new drivers in two weeks. Wow two weeks, I need to find a car!!

NJ Chick
07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
WJ, Mirrors? We don't use no stinkin mirrors! And...I didn't even break a nail that time either!:lol:

Bling, I remember seeing you guys sitting out there...what a horrible freakin day that was! We were all drowned rats! See, true NEETS fans aren't wimps either!:) Another friend of mine was there that day too...he ended up wearing a very stylish garbage bag!:applause:

Steve, You better get crackin there mister and make sure you have those wipers...just in case!:wave:

CJfilms
07-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Cindy, do you mean Woot? I remember him being wrapped in hefty's best for one or more events that we ran wet!;)

Well, I promise you all that it will only rain for one event this season....and by rain I mean completely soak, not just a passing shower. That event will be the Fem-duro. And the reason behind this is, I will be driving again! I've driven in 3 NEETS races now, and all three time were in rain, 1 Frankenduro and 2 Fems now. I really am a black cloud huh?

W. J.
07-13-2007, 08:27 AM
I mean completely soak, not just a passing shower. That event will be the Fem-duro. And the reason behind this is, I will be driving again!
Joe, after seeing your pictures on here, which half of that race will you be driving in, LOL??? :lol:

CJfilms
07-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Well WJ, that's the thing....

I have two TRUX running that day, I'm wondering if I should allow a little bending of the rules and I can drive the male half of the one race in Erin's truck, then the female's half in Josh's truck! Of course, I would have to be properly dressed for each gender portion of the race, right?

W. J.
07-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, uh, how can I put this?

Okay, the way you dress for the female portion of the race is already BENDING the rules, LOL!

Erin C
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
THAT'S THE LAUGH I NEEDED FOR TODAY!!!

Thanks! :)

NJ Chick
07-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey Joe, nope it wasn't Woot, it was a loyal and dedicated fan of NEETS enduros, his name is Rich. He's been to just about every NEETS race since the beginning, a great guy. He was wearing the Hefty Lawn and Garden Bag Model with the diamond texture exterior and draw string closure..the top of the line in fine garbage bag wear...:lol:

drewsent
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Wait a minute... a stylish garbage bag??? I resemble that remark.

Looking forward to Beaters with A/C.

For Beaters with Heaters '08, I made the suggestion to run it near Ground Hog Day. The slogan could be "We'll wake the ground hog", or 'WAKE UP Mr Ground Hog!"

Regards,
Eric Drews
Drews Enterprises

EnduroFromDE
07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
This is a chance of showers on Sunday. I know we (NEETS) run in the rain, but the mods and SS don't. I just want to make sure that the NEETS are going to run this weekend, despite the weather, correct? The Mods and Street Stocks are just going to be re-re-scheduled?

Erin C
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
If it does rain...NEETS is and always has been rain/snow/shine...no chance of rescheduling for us.

We won't know anything about the mods/streetstocks until the day of. I think the day will be good, though.