PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Baldwin Memorial Race.

Teds Race Tours
07-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Ok, no Tour event for 27 days. Since Riverhead is next on the agenda, will any of the Tour Drivers race in the TB Memorial Race as a "test session" for the WMT Event on August 4th?

Axel
07-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I am gonna try to be there as a test fan.

I may have to miss the AUG 4th date due to a wedding. If so, I will pull out all stops to make the TB Memorial (which I think is on July 21st).

I made my promise...I will be at Riverhaed once this year! (first trip since the AUgust tour race in 2001.)

Ace
07-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Axel you're right, the TB Memorial is 7/21. It's 77 laps and is also a Evans and Jarzombek Memorial as well.

The Bullfather
07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
hopefully we can get the charlie and tom coupes out or charlies vega. but I want to see an evans car present that day.

Teds Race Tours
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I am gonna try to be there as a test fan.

I may have to miss the AUG 4th date due to a wedding. If so, I will pull out all stops to make the TB Memorial (which I think is on July 21st).

I made my promise...I will be at Riverhaed once this year! (first trip since the AUgust tour race in 2001.)

Who would possibly get married on the date of a Riverhead Tour Show?

ThE sHaDoW
07-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Non racing people are FAMOUS for getting married on tour race weekends. This will be the third year in a row someone I know is getting married on a race weekend. Last year was the last tour race I will miss because of a wedding. I planned my wedding around the tour schedule, I wanted my tour family to attend.

Teds Race Tours
07-11-2007, 02:22 PM
My wedding was planned around the WMT Season, HJ's Nextel Cup Schedule, and The Jets Season Ticket Plan. The wrong weekend, and we'd have lost 25% of my guests.

gomodsgo
07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
well, if ya gotta get married..... call up Rev. Dan, and do it at the track. Think of that reception!!!!!

Everyone in my circle of friends and family knows that once racing starts I am not to be expected at ANY gathering. They can plan all they want, but I wont be there if there is a race happening.

ThE sHaDoW
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
well, if ya gotta get married..... call up Rev. Dan, and do it at the track. Think of that reception!!!!!

Everyone in my circle of friends and family knows that once racing starts I am not to be expected at ANY gathering. They can plan all they want, but I wont be there if there is a race happening.

Can you call my better half and explain to her how that works? She just doesnt get it.

The Bullfather
07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
So Tbax you got married on a leap year? lol

hollywoodmic
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
OK Ted this is what I'm hearing for extra cars that night.
Glen Tyler
Joe Hartman
Donny Lia in the 18
Sammons
Jimmy Blewett
John Blewett
Tony Ferrante Jr.
and a few more total speculation at this point but hell with almost 6,000 in additional lap money, why not.

I wonder if the LI based 36 team will make it out.........Jaws???
I always hear the Pastryaks but they have not made it as yet.

I'm sure you may get some of the TVMS guys from LI if they don't have a race.

I'll be on Vacation can you believe it???

Teds Race Tours
07-11-2007, 05:54 PM
So Tbax you got married on a leap year? lol

Yes, It was a leap year, but it was November.

OK Ted this is what I'm hearing for extra cars that night.
Glen Tyler
Joe Hartman
Donny Lia in the 18
Sammons
Jimmy Blewett
John Blewett
Tony Ferrante Jr.
and a few more total speculation at this point but hell with almost 6,000 in additional lap money, why not.

I wonder if the LI based 36 team will make it out.........Jaws???
I always hear the Pastryaks but they have not made it as yet.

I'm sure you may get some of the TVMS guys from LI if they don't have a race.

I'll be on Vacation can you believe it???

This race is definately turning into a can't miss race. Any chance of you taking the Donny Lia Jet in for the evening? I'll run a pool for ya.:cheers: