PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Give Aways

The Frog Lady
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey I want to give a big thank you to the following folks for the give aways this past Saturday:

Yamelski Racing #9LM
Frank Reakes #14 SS
Shultz Racing #25 TH
Eric Witchin with the #12 SS
Joe Washko with the #20 LM
Colin Dempter #3 LM and Dempsters Quality Car Care.
Larry & Tammy Fisher

Two Razor scooters were given away with the funds Sue collected a few weeks ago. This week we will have two Toys-R-Us gift cards for the kids, compliments of Yamelski Racing and their sponsor, the Frog Lady.

The following weekend (7/21) there will be a bike give away and a big wheel race, compliments of Street Stock Drivers Mike Schadder #71 and Ron Babula #37.

I am so happy to see so many drivers and their teams take such an interest in giving back to the fans, in particular the kids. If anyone is interested in getting involved, please see Joan or myself at the track, or email me at gingermtnspdway@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!
~Ginger;)

461_SS
07-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Are there going to be more big wheel races this year for points, etc...?

The Frog Lady
07-12-2007, 09:41 AM
No, the Big Wheel races held are at the request of the drivers sponsoring them. We don't have a regular schedule for them, but will add the races into the schedule on an evening when time permits. I know that Mike Sweeney and Tony Volpe provided trophies for the winners of the races they held, and then little medals for everyone who participated. :applause: I am not certain what Ron Babula and Mike Schadder have in mind for the races they are hosting.

No points are being kept, rather it is racing for fun for the kids. Hey, this way they get to experience pure victory rather than the pressure you guys feel running for points! ;)

~Ginger

Latemodel11A
07-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Just an FYI if you're interested. We purchased the trophies and medals online @ www.crownawards.com. The prices are very reasonable and most inlcude engraving, and it only takes a day or 2 for them to ship. We got all of the goodies from www.orientaltrading.com

Tony Volpe
Late Model #11A

The Frog Lady
07-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Hey thanks Tony - that will be very helpful to those who have inquired about hosting Big Wheel races.

~Ginger :wave:

toots
07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Just A Reminder That We Also Have A Program Advertiser That Also Does Trophies. Vic's Trophies Located In Freeland. Let's Try To Patronize Our Advertisers Also.
Oriental Trading Is A Great Place For Those Little Objects. I Order From Them Often And They Do Have A Quick Turn Around.

intense1
07-17-2007, 04:00 PM
sponsored by Street Stock drivers, Mike Schadder and Ron Babula.