Battisti - 45
Greenan - 42
Cohan - 41
Kohler - 16
Aquino - 13
Stiles - 9

vsmidge68
07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't know about anyone else but when I get home from the races all I want is a shower and my bed. Tracy, I would kill for 1/3rd of your energy!! Good job once again! :applause: Everyone enjoy the week off....:)

Tracy87BB
07-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks Vicki. Usually by the time I get home from the track I'm on my second or third wind...it makes my life easier during the week to do all of the points, handicapping, etc. that I do each week while I'm still in overdrive. For the next few weeks, I'll actually be updating rookie points remotely, as I won't be at the track. You can still expect them to be posted Saturday night or Sunday morning. Hope everyone enjoys the week off!

amyracer
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi,
Our team is new, #99 in the blunderbust division, and on the Riverhead site, it lists the points as Aquino with 38 and Kolher with 34.
Can you explain the rookie point system to us. I know it may seem silly since we run such a limited schedule, but our 2 drivers are still very competitive against each other and we thought Rich was ahead of Russ.

Thanks for all the info and it's so much fun being a small part of this!
Good Luck on Saturday Night!!!!

W. J.
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Riverhead doesn't keep rookie points, per se, just divisional points. We are doing it here through the generosity of Joe Larsen, owner of the #29 Blunderbust, who started the program this season, and we are assisting with the points. Our point system has less to do with the overall finish, and everything to do with where the rookie candidates finish in relation to each other. The points go highest to the rookie finishing in the best position, like 7th for example, and the next rookie might finish 11th, and would get one point less, and so on down through the field. The track points would be different becasue you have tofactor in the whole field of 20 or more cars, while we are only dealing with the rookies in this contest.

Your question is not silly, and if you need more info, let us know and we'll try to straighten out whatever it is you'd like to know.

BTW, how is that program of 'free sponsorship' going in your car? That's a really great idea, and we hope it ands you a paying sponsor in the future. :)

Tracy87BB
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
The only clarification I would make to W.J.'s post is the fact that we are using a 10-point scale. The highest finishing rookie gets 10 points, next highest gets 9, and so on down the line. It is also important to note that double points DO NOT figure in to our calculations...every race counts the same. So, yes, it is possible to have discrepancies like the one you're explaining between track points and rookie points. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. I can be reached with a PM through the Jam, or you can email me at blunder87@aol.com.

Tower Man
07-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I am available each and every Saturday night to discuss Rookie points and any issue pertinant to the division.

So stop buy, grab a cold drink and bring a chair.

W. J.
07-28-2007, 10:14 AM
So stop buy, grab a cold drink and bring a chair.

What, you don't have any chairs, LOL???!

Tower Man
07-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I do, but it appears that the younger crowd gets them before I do. Plus I have to save one for my crew chief because he tires easily. Or is it his old age. Anyway, as always, all are welcomed any time.