PDA

View Full Version : Seekonk

Rbemben1
07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Think "Steve O" already covered this on another Forum, but if not, its a fun place to watch a race(s).

The events go quick (on, off, NEXT!), there's turns but if you watch the drivers they're ALWAYS turning left (its like a big circle).

Last I heard they had a score board. Previously, only the spotters seemed to know what lap they were on. Plenty o' beer stands, but you'd better not have a pit bracelet on your arm....there ARE plenty of very sharp eyes about, too. Don't ask me how I know.....

The only thing I never liked about Seekonk is the lighting; both on track and off. Maybe its where I sit (Back stretch...its nice, breezy, and in the comfort of you personal lawn chair, down right homey). The parking lot is a "black hole" - no lights... (the back lot, anyway.) Unless you have a flashlight and a good idea where you left your car, you (and it), could be BOTH lost. The lighting, on the track, seems kinda dim (to my eyes)...suprised that more cars don't tangle on the track.

All in all I really liked the place...easy to get in and out of (You may not think so...) the show gets over early (~09:30) and they move people out of there quite quickly (unless you're the REAL IMPATIENT type).

Have a fun time at "The Cement Palace"

Rich :cheers:

raceaddict24
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
About time, someone agrees with me that Seekonk is quite a track. Plenty of side by side action all in the comfort of your lawnchair!! Granted this is the "thechormehorn" but those street stocks put on one HELL of a show week in and week out, those guys are worth the $12 to get in on a reg. Sat night!

SVTUNER
07-28-2007, 02:15 PM
i love going up there two or three times a year 12 buck that less then micky ds and a great show.i like that6 you can sit around the whole track:applause:

Jaws
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm headed there my first time on the 29th.

Hotel reccomendations?

Also you can bring a chair and sit? Thats always teh preferred way for me.

Is there a lot of room for the chairs or is it get there early to do that?

Also I am guessing that the front (?) parking lot is better?

WillyKJr
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Jaws I believe you will enjoy a trip to Seekonk. Super racey little bull ring.

Accomodations can be had pretty much anywhere near the track. Rte 6 in Seekonk is a busy stretch of road and has many options for hotels. There is a Ramada Inn (newer - 800-804-6835) and a Knights Inn (older - 800-984-6835 ) about a lug nuts throw from the track, prolly under $100 for those joints. The track is only 10/15 minutes from Providence/East Providence and there are plenty of places to stay there especially if you are looking for something a little more "upscale".

Chairs are usable just about everywhere around the track. Like any other place if you get there early you get a better pick of spots but chairs are used everywhere so that shouldn't factor in.

The front parking lot is all paved. The rear parking lot is mostly paved with grass in the lower/overflow area. Pit entrance area is the only mess. Ticket gates are in front, in back and at Pit entrance.

SVTUNER
08-01-2007, 05:32 PM
i stay at the comfort right down the street reasonable and clean. ive stayed there about 4 times now and they remeber me when i walk in good service.:applause:

jfp711
08-02-2007, 08:40 AM
I can't imagine somebody not enjoying the cement place to watch a modified race. That is a neat little race track, heck even the old stoh's tour put on a great show, any traveling series put on a great show, I don't believe I ever seen a bad race at that joint.

Jaws
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks,

I am coming with my 2 sons across the sound from Orient Point. Should be a nice ride.

Jaws I believe you will enjoy a trip to Seekonk. Super racey little bull ring.

Accomodations can be had pretty much anywhere near the track. Rte 6 in Seekonk is a busy stretch of road and has many options for hotels. There is a Ramada Inn (newer - 800-804-6835) and a Knights Inn (older - 800-984-6835 ) about a lug nuts throw from the track, prolly under $100 for those joints. The track is only 10/15 minutes from Providence/East Providence and there are plenty of places to stay there especially if you are looking for something a little more "upscale".

Chairs are usable just about everywhere around the track. Like any other place if you get there early you get a better pick of spots but chairs are used everywhere so that shouldn't factor in.

The front parking lot is all paved. The rear parking lot is mostly paved with grass in the lower/overflow area. Pit entrance area is the only mess. Ticket gates are in front, in back and at Pit entrance.

gomodsgo
08-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Love Seekonk. Except, remember to bring some chairs.... and ya might want to atleast set them up early if the MRS is there.... I know that from 3 & 4 around the front and then atleast 1 gets filled up pretty quick with chairs. Not sure about the backstretch.

And maybe someone knows.... why do they close off the nice bleachers atop of turn 1 & 2??

gmg