PDA

View Full Version : ? about the finish

bulldozer
07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
If you get thrown off the track by an official, what place do you finish, last or where you were? If I do recall, I think the 01 and 36 got thrown off and got 9th and tenth. Plus if that were the case, Rob you were ahead of the 36 on the last completed lap. It does make a difference for those guys who are fighting for second in points. I remember my first year I got thrown off the track and I got scored dead last. :help:

LongIslandJam
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
There's no official way to do it per se. You could throw them off and put them dead last, or let them keep the progress they did, and stop scoring there. Up to official discretion as one involves a DQ and one's basically just a black flag.

RickFigure8
07-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I believe usually at Riverhead it's to last car on the lead lap.

RACENUT
07-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Rick beat me to it. I believe they were scored as the last 2 cars on the lead lap, which was 9th and 10th. When the 81 was dq'ed and was scored as last, I believe that was for you having an illegal part in the car. Also the 36 was ahead of the 01 on the last completed lap because the 01 intentionally dumped the 36 in the first turn bringing out the yellow, therefore the 36 had to be ahead of the 01 when they crossed the finish line, completing the last lap.

rae234
07-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Just a question......When you get thrown out...isn't it for the night? A bunch of us, while sitting in the stands, were wondering if you get thrown out can you really race in another division?

W. J.
07-23-2007, 07:37 AM
It depends on whether it was "putting the driver(s) down for the night", or DQing them from that race, in that division. Usually, putting them down for the night involves really bad behavior (fighting, purposely ramming another car under caution, etc), while getting black flagged just DQ's the car in that division at that time.

Turbo
07-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't think bulldozer was talking about getting scored for an illegal part, (obviously no scored points). I believe last year or the year before he got thrown off the track for rough riding and was scored last. Both the 01 and 36 were thrown off the track before the finish of the race, so how can they be scored at the end of the lead lap?

attituderacing
07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
:mad: Well if the 01 and 36 receive points for being black flagged, the 66 should receive points from the 3rd race of the season, when he received 0!!!:confused:

W. J.
07-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I guess the only way to truly get an answer to this specific question is to ask at the track next week. :confused:

Ace
07-23-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree attituderacing. How can you guys get ZERO points for your BF and the 01 and 36 get points? :confused: Also, the 01 and 36 didn't finish on the lead lap, as they wrecked with a lap to go. :confused: :help:

RACENUT
07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I Guess That Only Eight Cars Finished The Race, That Would Make 36 Ninth And 01 Tenth.

dynamite
07-23-2007, 01:24 PM
The only time Eric was ahead was from the 4th turn to the starting line, and that was for 2nd place. Rob was in 2nd for the last 6 laps or so and the caution came out for those two in turn one, so it goes back to the previous lap, in which case Rob was in 2nd. And if that's not fixed now, every driver at Riverhead will bring this up to the officials when they stop on the track and question their position. As far as positioning, they finished what, 19 laps, so they should go in back of cars that finished one lap down but still racing, so a good point of the 66, did he really get no points, and if that's the case, then 36 and 01 should get the same deal, as they all got blackflagged. The officials need to be notified ASAP and correct this before it gets out of hand.

attituderacing
07-23-2007, 01:31 PM
That's correct the 66 did NOT get points for that race, I don't care either way, I just want it to be one way or the other, because it can't be both.:confused:

bulldozer
07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I still want to know why the 36 was ahead of the 01. It's only 2 points, but how many points did Mike M lose the Late Model championship by? 2Points.

Turbo
07-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Ill explain this slow, they didnt finish completing that lap when the yellow came out, remember that was for 2nd position so if you think the whole field passed that white line by the time the 01 spun that 36 out because its not like it was off the track where the flagman held the flags to wait for them to move, the high side of the track was blocked.... so the yellow came out immediately

310fig8
07-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Do you have to read that slow?

Tower Man
07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Maybe I can shed some light on the rules, but not the situation with the 01 and the 36. Not my place and I didn't see it.

When a car is black flagged, scoring stops and the car is scored in the finished as such. Meaning if there are 3 laps to go and they get black flagged, their finish is as if they completed the race 3 laps down.

However, there were times in my day that car X spun or wreck car XX at or near the end of a race. I would black flag the X and advise the scorers to put the X one spot behind the XX in the finish.

The only time I would give a car/driver zero points is if the infraction was so detrimental it could have injured a competitior. Or if they were found illegal.

Remember the black flag does not mean automatic disqualification. It means pull off the track and see an official. I don't have a rule book handy, but I believe it is stated in the rule book in rule # 10-6-A.

Section 12 explains all penalties. Many are at the discretion of the official in charge.

One more thing is history. Let's say, for example, W.J. and J.A. are drivers who happen to wreck cars every week, on purpose. The official in charge calls them into the trailer at the end of the night and tells them if they hit one more car they will be parked and DQ'd. Next week they do it again. Guess what? Black flagged, DQ'd and zero points.

I hope this cleared up some confusion.

310fig8
07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Who was driving the X, JA or WJ?

W. J.
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Being the junior member of the 2 of us, I always drive the X, and JA driives the XX. I hope that clears THAT up, LOL!

P.S. We never crash each other on purpose, but we have been called to the trailer a few times.

Tower Man
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
And one of you took a ride in the blue tow truck with Bill and some other guy once so all parties involved would have a better understanding of one and other..

Richie
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Being the junior member of the 2 of us, I always drive the X, and JA driives the XX. I hope that clears THAT up, LOL!

P.S. We never crash each other on purpose, but we have been called to the trailer a few times.

Again I ask -- What happens in the trailer?

W. J.
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
We get "interviewed" by the track officials.

The Bullfather
07-25-2007, 05:20 PM
We get "interviewed" by the track officials.

Should be a good Pitbull! lol

W. J.
07-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Only if you've got a "Bleep button", Pete. :lol:

RGeeProductions
07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
No need for the 'bleep button' this time WJ.
For previous years it would have been a definite must!!!! LOL

The Bullfather
07-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't think we'd had much of a bleep button, only one video we couldn't show due to the air time between bleeping wouldn't have made much sense! Only a select few have seen it, been a couple years and it will stay buried. It wasn't a full interview, so we didn't lose much. A small montage of clips thrown together, that made for some great entertainment without the bleeping!

RGeeProductions
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I remember that one live. I couldn't believe it!!!!
After the first 'bleep' I said, ok, no problem but after the 5th, I walked away!!! LOL

LongIslandJam
07-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok Jamsters, let's get back on topic, or thread closed... :wave:

W. J.
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Okay, bottom line from my experience, you finish where the scorers say you finished, unless they are over ruled by a NASCAR official. I would recommend taking this particular issue up with them.

RickFigure8
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Joe wasn't there something to the effect you get black flagged you are suppossed to pull off the track, but if you ignore the black flag after three laps, the scoring stops? Technically black flagged with two to go you were allowed to finish. I know at one point it was done this way, but I'm not sure if it's the case today.
Oh, and in the trailer, if it's Tommy and Joe, The desk gets flipped.

Rick

W. J.
07-29-2007, 01:17 AM
In Cup racing, if you ignore the black flag, they show you one with a white X on it, signifying that you've dtopped being scored.

Tonight at Riverhead, during the Fig-8 feature, Jim Maggio wanted a car black flagged for leaking. Since it's harder for them to see the flagger off in the dark, he also instructed the scorers to stop scoring the car, right then and there. The driver, by the way, did see the black flag, and his number posted on the board, and pulled off.

Tower Man
07-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Rick, someone else mentioned the 3 lap black flag rule to me recently. No such thing. Black flag comes out for a car, they are to lift and safely pull off the track.

The good thing about when T.K. flipped my desk was that I found stuff I thought I lost. See out of a bad situation comes some good.