PDA

View Full Version : 5 more laps ?

bulldozer
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I know this isn't a good time to put this down, but what the heck. Finally the Late Models are getting 30 laps, nice job officals. Now how about the Chargers? I think we should be 25 laps and at least 40 lap double pointers. I know you are going to say you can't run 5 laps without a caution. Well if they do give us these laps, strictly enforce the time limit to the drivers, even if there is a wreck that the track crew couldn't get apart. I think we deserved these 5 laps for a long time. I mentioned it at every drivers meeting every year. I mean we are still running the same laps as the entry level Blunderbusts. 35 Mods, 30 Late Models now let's see 25 Chargers, laps that is. I hope Mike and Jim will give us a shot at this. Don't take one bad night and throw the extra laps out the door. 81

gzenduro12
07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I agree.....25 laps for this division would be cool. Gives fast cars in the back more time to race to the front. So few laps in the feature is why cars are getting wrecked. Guys have to be more and sometimes overly aggressive to get through the field if they are fast and start in the rear. More laps + more patience = Better racing.

unowho243
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree also I would like to see 25 lap chargers maybe even 30!

W. J.
07-23-2007, 06:53 PM
How about 25 laps, until and unless more cars show up. Then make it 30 for 25 cars. It is logical to give drivers more time to work their way to the front by giving them an easier amount of laps to get past other cars in the quest for victory. Just establish a time limit, and strictly enforce it; something like 25 laps or 45 minutes, whichever comes first, and no matter how many laps have run at the time limit, the race is official.

RACENUT
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
RIGHT NOW WITH ONLY 15 CARS THE SLOWER CARS UP FRONT WOULD NOT HAVE A HALF A CHANCE IF THEY EXTENDED THE RACES TO 25 LAPS. MAYBE IF THE CAR COUNT GETS HIGHER THEY SHOULD LOOK INTO ADDING MORE LAPS, but for now I think 20 laps is just fine. This past Saturday the 81 started near the rear of the field (which was 10th) and he won the race with no problem.