PDA

View Full Version : Help a good cause and win a Big Screen TV

Golf Guy
07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
This coming Saturday night (7/28/07) I will be raffling of a 32” High Definition Flat Screen LCD TV to raise money for the Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer research in memory of my mom, Dee Wichert. My mom passed away in 2003 at the age of 62 after a very short battle with this cancer killer. The five-year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is less than five percent –a fact that has not changed in 30 years despite improved survival rates for many other cancers. Research is our best weapon in the fight against pancreatic cancer.
This is your chance to win an awesome TV (retails at $999!) and do some good all at the same time. Raffle tickets will be available at both Tommy Walkowiak’s #00 Blunderbust and Tommy Rogers’s #6 Modified race cars. We are selling 1 ticket for $5 and 3 for $10. The TV will be there and on display at Tommy Walkowiak’s car. We will be picking the ticket winner on Saturday night but you do not need to be present to win. My sister Jennifer is walking the very next day to raise money (her donation page is www.lustgartencommunity.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=233&srcid=236&frsid=791) and my sister Kim is racing in the Fem-duro on 9/30/07 and asking for $1 per lap she completes, this is her first time behind the wheel of a car!

I want to thank everyone in advance who can help out as this is really close to my families heart and we are trying to do everything we can so no other family has to go though the pain we have.

Thanks again,

Jim Wichert aka “Golf Guy”

bulldozer
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I know I haven't agreed with you on some posts, but count me in on this post. My grandmother and cousin fell victim to cancer and I will certainly help the cause. I will be by the 6 car of Rogers to buy some tickets. Chris Turbush

Golf Guy
07-29-2007, 01:11 AM
First I have to thank Tommy Rogers sister Cindy and Gina who everyone knows. Without their help selling tickets we would not have done anywhere near the ticket total we did. Thank you both, I hope you know how much I appreciate all you did. I would also like to thank Brian from Racing Creations for the signs and the Tommy's, Walkowiak and Rogers, for their help.
Next I want to thank everyone who helped out by buying tickets in the raffle. My sisters, brother and myself would love to hear one day that they have found a success rate for this terrible cancer. I am sure if my mom was still here today, she would be overwelmed by the support shown. We managed to raise $1035 to donate to the Lustgarten Foundation in memory of my mom to try to find a cure or better survival rate. Along with the monies my brother and sisters have raised in their own ways, we hope to reach our goal of $5,000.
Now on to the winner. It is Justin Bonsignore of the 28 Modified with ticket number 498822. Conratulations and enjoy the TV.
Thank you again everyone.
Jim Wichert