PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic -DIRT Modifieds New Egypt Speedway Wed Aug 1st.

Teds Race Tours
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Check out this event. Axel had mentioned it to me last week. I'm sorry i am gonna miss it as I already have plans but it sure looks like the Track is really giving something to everybody on this event. $8000 to win, $10 General Admission.

New Egypt Speedway "Thunder in the Pines" Presents "A Mid Summers Night Madness"
BIG BLOCK MODIFIED

50 Laps $8000 to WIN

$400 to take the green

Wednesday August 1, 2007
First Race 7:30 PM
Plus: Super Sprints 20 Laps
Draw for Heats, Heat Winners Dash for Pole
24 cars to start
50 Laps of 800 HP Big Block Action
Rules: 467 cu. inch limit
Hoosier Tires Only (NO Drag Rubber)
DIRT Legal Body
Weight: 2500 lbs.
Grandstand Admission:
Adults - $10 TEN DOLLARS!!!!!
Kids 6 & under- free

Axel
07-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Feels like 1982.

Axel
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
What a great avatar!

ModTourMan
07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I'll be there...bringing the whole family! My kids have never seen a dirt race and the last time my wife was there N.E.S was still paved and she was pregnant with our oldest daughter (she will be 13 next month). Come to think of it, I have only been there a few times since the change to dirt. I was goin' no matter what but that $10.00 admission price is a nice bonus! Sorry you can't make it TBax. You gonna be there Alex? Let me know if you're going. I'll keep an eye out for you. By the way, I don't think you'll need the 'Way-Back' machine (though I think it seems more like a 1975 admission price!).

Axel
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Russ- I shall be there.

I have your cell and I'll give you a ring when I get to the track. I am leaving right from work and will be there around 6:30 or so.

ModTourMan
07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll keep phone on...keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Axel
08-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I just bought my pork roll sandwich for tonite. I will also be bringing some work collegues from Munich--- should be interesting for them!

I told them thay will experieince "a slice of Americana."

Howie
08-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, Axel and Russ how was the evening at the races, inquiring minds want to know. We know Billy Pauch won and our WMT driver Billy Pauch, Jr was 4th. The things we need to know are things like how your kids enjoyed the races Russ, and Axel. what the folks from Germany thought about "slice of Americana". BTW way Axel, when you said "a slice of Americana" did you mean dirt racing or slice of pork on a roll? Come on guys, fill us in.

ModTourMan
08-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I had a great time - any time I can talk my entire family into coming along to a race it's a special event. This was the first time my two daughters had ever seen and felt a dirt race -they caught their fair share of clay last night! My mom also made the trip (she's always up for a race and is a long time asphalt modified fan). The five of us parked ourselves down low on the front stretch were the girls could get a real feel for the speed of those dirt Modifieds. They were impressed but found it a bit hard to follow all the movement as the leaders moved through lapped traffic.
The racing was excellent in the feature. A great battle between Billy Pauch and Frank Cozze. Pauch had him covered till a slight slip up dropped him behind Cozze about a half straight or so. He proceeded to fight his way back for the win. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Alex and introducing him to the family (don't tell Alex, but they enjoyed meeting him). Alex was doing a great job hosting his two friends from Munich (nice touch - he wore his Expos hat!). They sure got to see a wide variety of American race fan types. I hope I held my end of the bargain up by representing the slightly off-the wall type of American race fan. At least my family was there to offset my quirkiness!
By the way, Alex did me the great honor of showing me his pork roll last night...

OK easy gang, that's way too easy! !

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2007, 12:05 AM
By the way, Alex did me the great honor of showing me his pork roll last night...

OK easy gang, that's way too easy! !

Axel let me take a picture of his pork roll which I now use as my avatar, but I am bored with it, so it will change soon.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I hope to make the Super DIrt Show there on the 15th.

Axel
08-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Simply put, it was a great night and a great night of racing.

I went with my father-in-law and two colleagues from Munich who actually wanted to “see a slice of Americana” more than seeing NYC or going to Philly. I mean they were really into it, asking lots of questions, beginning to understand the nuances between the modifieds and the sprint cars etc. Like Modtourman, we got our share of clay thrown our way which made it even better!

By the way, Alex did me the great honor of showing me his pork roll last night... I also got to meet Russ and his entire family—good folks all. And yes, I did show Russ my pork roll. (sandwich that is.)

The whole race just had a whole throwback feel to it somehow. Beautiful summer night, 4 heat races for the modifieds and two consis. There were locals and invaders coming in for a big buck race. There were like 30 modifieds on hand and 22 took the green for the features. They even had each of the heat race winners duke it out for five laps to see who would take the pole in the feature. It was great! The feature was very, very good once they got past a few early cautions. Pauch and Cozze swapped the lead and raced real hard the whole time. Pauche led most of the race, but nearly took himself out. Cozze raced past him and had a respectable lead, but Pauch closed it up and madse the final pass with about 5 to go.

Great race, great night, great friends. Cant ask for more.

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance!