PDA

View Full Version : A Night at the Races

Posi Traction
07-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Pit Entrance Fee - $25.00
Transponder Rental Fee - $12.00
Fuel for the car - $35.00

Finishing 3rd instead of 4th because the winner got D-Q'd...........

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For everything else there's Mac-ster Card

KMac #830 Thriller
:cheers:

thriller 34
07-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Do you really have to rub it in like that????...

Posi Traction
07-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't worry, Young Jedi, even you will find yourself joining the D-Q Club someday in your racing career. It will be a sad night :*-( for you, but probably a happy moment for someone else:applause: .

KMac #830 Thriller

teamhoyt
07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Do you really have to rub it in like that????...

Because everyone know's they have been cheating and clearly getting away with it. Do YOU like throwing hard earned money away to go and finish second?
Didn't think so. :disgusted

Anyway.....IT'S ABOUT TIME.

2crew
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I have to say I am pretty impressed with last nights show even though it didnt end well for me. The officials where officiating and the cheater got caught. It took a while but from my understanding is the tech guy needed some clarification about one rule in particular and that was one of the ones that mattered.

Good job MS officials and lets keep up the good work.

For all the drivers who didnt feel like racin for anything other than first. Keep an eye out to see what happens in the future. Mabye it wont be ground hog day every sat from now on, who knows!!!!

White Lightnin
07-29-2007, 01:35 PM
So what exactly were they DQ'd for? Historically speaking, when the past tech guys at this track had to have something "clarified", it usually meant that a rule wasn't written very well in the first place, causing a grey area and a car builder read the rule better than the next guy. Then the "clarification" usually came from some "buddy" of the tech guy or 5 guys would get together and read it 5 different ways anyway and then someone's "opinion" would be to DQ him anyway, because no one can read their own rules either. So what went down?

thriller 34
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Could you please explain to me what I will be dq'ed for.....I got my first top 5 last night and felt like I had just found the cure for cancer....if I'm cheating, I must be terrible at it...and I don't throw my money away...I'm not complaining about the 99 winning, because I don't run up front every week. If someone is going to win every week, and if I'm not second, I really don't care who it was. I probably wouldn't complain anyway if I get my car home with minimal damage, finish the race and have the most fun that I can, it's a successful night.
p.s. White lightnin', you are correct. I'm pretty sure last night the rule book was written on a happy meal box with finger paints.

2crew
07-29-2007, 04:04 PM
The 99 had 2 different size springs on his car from what I understand. The rules say all springs must be the same size, height wise. There were some other things in question, and I dont know the details, but they looked at my car to see if he was legal.

You're right, you don't run up front and you don't feel like you are getting screwed every time you finish up front, or you lead 19 1/2 laps and are passed in the dirt and left in the dust to finish second to a car that may not be legal and is pulling better times than anyone that I have seen in the past three years. There are people that try hard every week and are always up front, but know how the laps will end. People like that loose interest. Look at the cars that were not there last night. One of them I know did not want to race for second any more, so he didn't spend the $100.00's in gas to get there when he knows he will not be able to have a chance to see victory lane, have his family be proud of him for his hard work, and have the bragging rights for the week. Wayne, I know the 99 is your friend and you should be happy for him every time he performs well, but take an honest look at the people that try continuously hard every week and are not given the credit due every week. Look at the mods, there is a new winner every week and there are hard working teams that give it their all every week, and they all will have the chance to have a victory. I am not asking for sympathy, but yet fairness for everyone, even you Wayne.

Jeff Owler
98 thriller

teamhoyt
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Wayne, An EVEN field of cars can and WILL make winners. It will make people EARN their wins. It makes race car drivers into racers. That includes YOU.
You know you can't contend for a win so a top 5 in a 12 car field is like hitting the jackpot. Do you think that is fair? Friends or not, don't you think you, too, deserve a shot?
But there are guys out there (as said above) pouring heart, soul, and their paychecks into this sport to race for a WIN.
Sure you race to have fun, but if you get on that track week in and week out, fully knowing you have no chance to even be CLOSE to winning, it's disheartening and takes the fun out of it.
Every driver out there wants a chance to fight for that front spot....but no one has had a chance. For Mike and Steve to get a win this year I consider them lucky. Yes, they have good cars....but nothing close to what the 99 has.

And to hear that Jeff led every lap until the last turn before being passed in the grass is disappointing. That's not racing.

I helped the Moyer team for a while and we pit right next to Jeff, Kevin, Marissa, and Jason. I've seen them pouring over the cars trying to find every possible way to make it faster. Just as i've seen Mike Jr and Mike Sr do the same. I've watched the 25 team do the same thing. These people don't spend their money on racing to go and be humiliated every week. And that is what is going on.
I look forward to going back to help out a little bit. But I'm not about to waste my money.

2crew
07-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Hoyt,
I do not know who you are but that was well put!!!!

I do not think there is a car in our corner that does not work hard every night to have the best performing car for every race day.

teamhoyt
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Jeff, I'm the quiet one with the Jimmie Johnson hat and a chew in my lip:-B
http://www.myspace.com/havoctec

thriller 34
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Here is the advantage I have had over all of the other thriller drivers. I have been under, inside, and around the 99 at least 30 times. I never noticed the springs, because well, how do you tell something like that without taking them off of the struts? Anyway, after they change the springs, I can near guarantee you won't find anything else wrong with it. Here is my question: after they change those springs out, I would be willing to bet they are just as fast as they were before, but maybe (I don't know this, I'm just saying) Ricky says, "Hey I just want to win my championship and move on, I'm gonna ride around and finish 2nd or 3rd every night". Do you still consider that a win if you cross the line first???? I know I surel wouldn't. Also, I can almost guarantee that you give Ricky 2 practice sessions in any of your cars, he will beat any lap time you put up..You all say it's the car, but absolutely no one is giving the kid any credit at all. They have a bigger budget than most of us, but is that really their fault??? If you had the money, tell me you wouldn't spend it? I know I would, but since I don't, I spend what I've got and go as fast as I can with it while trying to learn to drive. It's my first season, I'm not trying to light the world on fire. I'll admit I'm not very good, but I'm trying and having fun doing it.

thriller 34
07-30-2007, 12:14 AM
The question no one is asking. If this is so terribly illegal, then why did they pass tech so many times with them and why did it take 2 hours for tech to decide if they passed or failed?

RACERX
07-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Pretty easy to pass tech, when tech is turning their heads for certain cars. :drool:

thriller 34
07-30-2007, 12:25 AM
How are they turning their heads? He is there for at least 30-45 min every time. I would know, because I have to wait 30-45 min every week I'm out there for my check.

RACERX
07-30-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't know, not trying to fight, just what I have heard. Congrats on top 5.

thriller 34
07-30-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm not trying to fight either...thanks.

2crew
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Wayne, this isn't the first thing that tech has questioned. What about the solid motor mounts that were dropping the motor? Tech looked over that and continued. I can not mention everything that tech and all other thriller drivers have talked about being changed on the 99 car, so don't say he hasn't been cheating until now. You where there one night, sitting with Moyer's mother, me, and Shultz when we were complaining to Pappy about checking some parts and Pappy told us what they found and what he was told to do. First of all, why start when apparently you are so good and rich you dont need it, (according to Wayne). Wayne, if you think he can go just as fast in my car, then by all means rent the track one day and I will ask the owner of the car if I can bring it down.

teamhoyt
07-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Here is the advantage I have had over all of the other thriller drivers...I have been under, inside, and around the 99 at least 30 times....I never noticed the springs because how do you tell something like that without taking them off of the struts? Anyway, after they change the springs I can near guarantee you won't find anything else wrong with it. Here is my question: after they change those springs out I would be willing to bet they are just as fast as they were before but maybe (I don't know this I'm just saying) Ricky says hey I just want to win my championship and move on I'm gonna ride around and finish 2nd or 3rd every night...do you still consider that a win if you cross the line first???? I know I sure wouldn't. Also, I can almost guarantee that you give Ricky 2 practice sessions in any of your cars, he will beat any lap time you put up. You all say it's the car, but absolutely no one is giving the kid any credit at all. They have a bigger budget than most of us, but is that really their fault??? If you had the money, tell me you wouldn't spend it. I know I would, but since I don't, I spend what I've got and go as fast as I can with it while trying to learn to drive. It's my first season, I'm not trying to light the world on fire...I'll admit I'm not very good, but I'm trying and having fun doing it...

I'll pick this apart piece by piece, because you just don't get it.

1. You didn't build the car and you don't know what's been done to it before they take it to the track. I don't care how many times you've been around it.

2. Second race of the season, Mike had to take his shocks off and present them to tech.....Why hasn't Ricky had to until now? Looking legal and BEING legal are two separate things.

3. The championship has been handed to him already. It's been handed to him because no one wanted to do anything about it.

4. If they have the money and have the talent....WHY START OUT IN THRILLERS?????

5. Jeff just offered his car for practice, provided the owner agrees.

6. No one said Ricky can't drive. Matter of fact, I distinctly remember having a conversation through private messages with the moderator saying that he is one heck of a driver....But the car isn't legal.

And I'll leave it on this note. Why do you feel it's ok to accept defeat? What, since you're a rookie, you don't deserve a win? Ricky and Mike both won several races last year (their rookie season) And Scott Adams (a rookie) has two wins this year. What makes them so different than you?
If you were smart, you'd stand up and say something, just like every other driver and crew has this year. Unless of course you enjoy going for second place or top fives every race, with NO possibility for winning.

I've seen every driver make one or two questionable moves this year and some downright dumb ones. That doesn't mean they are bad drivers. That just means they made mistakes. Just like Ricky did making it three wide a couple weeks ago when Moyer had a flat tire. And he made a questionable move on the 98 when passing him in the grass for the win. Don't put the 99 on a pedestal like they are God's gift for Mountain Speedway, because they are your friends.

And let me make one last point. I don't care if Ricky wins EVERY SINGLE RACE OF THE YEAR!!!! As long as it's close, COMPETITIVE racing, that is all that really matters. And I'd like to think that all the drivers would feel the same way. Then they would know they have a shot, provided the car is tuned well that night, and they hit their marks and make less mistakes than the guys around them.
THAT IS RACING.

If Mountain Speedway wants more cars and more people in the stands, they'll close the gap between the cars. If that means changing the rules to slow cars down....so be it.

And it's not only the thriller division. :disgusted

461_SS
07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Every Rulebook for every class is one big gray area. In other words it says, Do as you please.

2crew
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
...I never noticed the springs, because well, how do you tell something like that without taking them off of the struts...

Honest question....Are the springs on the strut? Mine aren't. On my car, the spring is in between the lower control arm and the underside of the frame. The strut then connects to the inner fender well and then to the spindle.

Just a question, because I thought during tech they put wood where the spring would be and it looked like it was located where my cars springs would be located.

White Lightnin
07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
To be honest, I haven't seen a witch hunt like this since Jack Cassidy won the Frank Greco Memorial in the Pro Stocks. I can still smell the torches burning from that one. Just think what happens if you chase just one of your cars away - 9 Thrillers left and Mr C. throws the rest out without even a phone call. I'm speaking from experience here. Tread lightly.:disgusted

2j Late Model
07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Well this is great, good entertainment for a 10:00 evening. Just so everyone knows, Kevin meant NOTHING towards anyone on his post. He's been wanting to write that since he started racing three years ago. It wouldn't of mattered who got DQ'ed, he still would of posted it. As for the 99, yea he's fast, yes he's a good driver, BUT he is a VERY clean driver. Has he pushed anyone out of the way????? no Has he ramed into the side of anyone to pass????? no Has he passed someone in the dirt for a win???????:mad: :mad: Maybe once. So what it come's down to is, put the computers away, pull out the scales, note books, and do some research, and lets go catch him.

thriller 34
07-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not accepting defeat by any means...like I said, from what I have seen, that car is rule book legal and if you see week after week people discrediting a friend, you just have to say something. I got the strut thing screwed up. Jeff, you are right about that, sorry. Anyway, I will see you all this weekend at the track. Whoever wins, I will come up to congratulate and I hope all of you guys will do the same for me if it happens to be me.

Posi Traction
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey 34, go get um young Jedi and let the force be with you. I'd like to come racing this weekend but me and the wife got an invite to go deep sea fishing in NJ this weekend. Hopefully you'll be reeling in your first win while I'm reeling in the biggest catch of the day .........or chunk'in over the side of the boat.:drool: :drool:

Good luck to all the Thriller Drivers:D :D :D

KMac #830 Thriller