PDA

View Full Version : Jumping the start?

Ka$h25
07-29-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm confused on something from tonights feature. I'll start by saying I think Eddie was one of the fastest cars on the track second to maybe the 61. However, how many chances do you get on the start? Since when is the penalty just 1 position for jumping a restart? As far as I know, it's USUALLY: a warning, then sent to the rear of the field. Not to mention you get the same little slap on the wrist twice? Just seemed weird to me. :confused:

Tower Man
07-29-2007, 12:09 PM
There are 2 schools of thought. How bad you jumped and what did you gain. What I have seen and what I used to do was give a warning, then on the 2nd offense, you went to the rear.

If no subsequent cautions come out, the driver would then loose the spots he/she gained.

It's one of those judgement things.

skmods
07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
In my eyes if he jumped the start than so did the 00. I thought you were allowed to pass on the outside before the start finish line.

W. J.
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
He only 'officially' was called for jumping one start and was going to be penalized one spot (by scoring), but was saved by a yellow, during which he was placed in 2nd when the cars were lined up. The 2nd time it happened, an immediate yellow stopped the race, and on the next restart, all was fine.

Now the mountain is a molehill once again!