PDA

View Full Version : Pinkham, Evonsion, Ricci Lead True Value Modifieds to Beech Ridge Saturday

RGeeProductions
07-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks to persistent inclement weather and a forecast for more, the True Value Modified Racing Series caught a break in their busy schedule Saturday night, a cancellation at Monadnock Speedway, Winchester, NH; and now the popular touring division featuring open wheel modified race cars, will shift it’s focus on a return trip up Rte 95 to Scarborough, ME; to the historic Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, Saturday night, August 4, for the “Beech Ridge 100.” The third annual event is also a “guaranteed starter” race for the upcoming Sunoco “Mod Mania” weekend at Thompson, CT; Sept 8,9. The popular 1/3 mile race facility for years has been rated by fans as one of the best short track venues in the country.

TVMRS fans will find a pair of Maine drivers, a Maine Hall of Fame car owner, and two former Beech Ridge winners leading a long list of entries that will attempt to qualify for the main event. Two years ago, in a surprise move, David Pinkham, Buxton ME, electrified the crowd as he piloted a car owned by Gary Casella, Saugus, MA; to victory. It was the first time the former Beech Ridge standout had driven a modified in several years. Just two weeks ago Pinkham made his first tour start this season in a car owned and prepared by Beech Ridge Hall of Fame inductee Goodwin Hannaford, Hollis, ME. Hannaford came out of retirement and lured Pinkham to wheel his racer. The two have partnered before as owner-driver and know the way to victory lane.

Tony Ricci, Westbrook, ME; is also expected to enter despite a crash at Oxford, ME; two weeks ago. That incident created a considerable amount of shop time to prepare his racer for Saturday. The young charger is a two time winner on the tour.

Dale Evonsion, E, Harland, CT; son of long time racer S.J.Evonsion, piloted his familiar # 35 to his first series (modified) win last season and is the events defending champion. Evonsion bested a fast closing Pinkham and 2006 tour champion Dwight Jarvis,Ascutney,VT; in last years race.

Point leader and three time winner Kirk Alexander, W.Swanzey, NH; is expected as is Les Hinckley, Windsor Locks CT; also a three time winner this season. The two have staged tremendous races in the last two series events at Lee and Oxford Plains and both drivers will have the attention of fans. Alexander, the result of his win at Oxford Plains, will start last in the field.

Defending Champion Dwight Jarvis, his brother Peter, Lee winner Lou Mechalides, Tygnsboro, MA; Hampstead, NH’s, Andy Seuss, Seekonk victor Vinnie Annarummo, Swansea, MA; Connecticut hot shoes Chris Pasteryak, Lisbon, and Ed Dachenhausen, Danbury, are expected entries. Dachenhausen scored an impressive fifth place finish last August.

The 100 lap feature race lineup will be determined by 12 lap heat races and a 15 lap last chance race or B feature. Qualifying races start at 6 PM.

Beech Ridge Speedway is located at 70 Holmes Rd, Scarborough, ME.

John Spence Sr / TVMS PR