PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned......

chrome horn
07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Watching the tv coverage from Loudon:
Mario Fiore owns the 14

Reggie is a multi- time champ

Tony Hirschman and MAtt Hirschman are brothers

Ron Yuhmas had a good run

Ron Bouchard is still driving

the #2 of Todd Sagetty

the # 9 of Jake Mayrose

the #78 of Alex Hog

the red and white car caused an accident

TC was in the #6 running 5th for a good portion of the race according to the run down they would flash. I wish I knew who drove the 36 back thru the field

All these years Jerry Marquis' name is actually Jerry Marcus

For once I'd like to here Jeff Malave name pronounced correctly

I think it's great that the mods got some tv coverage. But it just looked bad with the announcers. I mean this was done after the race. You think they would have the correct information.

RGeeProductions
07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds like the ole "AWL STARR RACE"....LOL

The Bullfather
07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought they kept saying "TODD SPEGHETTI" LOL Segetty.

MandyB
07-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I guess I'm glad to report that I don't have Speed, especially with a dismal airing of the race from Loudon. (It was much, much better in person, to be quite honest with you.) I heard some of these mistakes they made not too long ago -- probably about two-and-a-half hours ago -- and I just sat at the computer, shaking my head.

Really... Does NASCAR dislike the Tour this much?

The Bullfather
07-31-2007, 06:51 AM
The coverage wasn't bad, I enjoyed the action they did show with the time they had. It was good, just the announcers. With Mike Joy, Bob Dillner or Allen Bestwick being from the area and knowing the backgrounds and drivers themselves! They would have done it and got it done right!

zoomcat
08-03-2007, 12:03 AM
another thing that was mentioned more than once during the broadcast was that the crowd in the grandstand were all there to watch the busch race and nextel cup practice and they were getting the modified race as a bonus,
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one there only to watch the modified race

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Thats funny. Hampton Jitney has a trip up to NHIS in Sept for the Modified Race, and the Cup Series, Truck Series, and Silver Crown Series are all bonuses.

ThE sHaDoW
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Thats funny. Hampton Jitney has a trip up to NHIS in Sept for the Modified Race, and the Cup Series, Truck Series, and Silver Crown Series are all bonuses.

More like a penalty. Start the bus, I'm gonna take a nap.

Axel
08-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Most decent people do take a nap on the green bus.