PDA

View Full Version : NEETS has a NEW Website

CJfilms
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Just to remind you all...

www.neetsracing.com is our NEW website....the old site has been discontinued.

EnduroFromDE
07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
I know there is one here, but is there a way to put one on www.neetstour.net. Or do you not have anymore control of that website??
Just wondering.

Erin C
07-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Shortly after the new one was up, unbeknownst to any of us, the old website was deemed ''discontinued,'' or so it says when you open up the site.

There was a redirect link placed on neetstour.net but Cindy had discovered that it was gone. I had asked Joe if he just forgot to put the link up and he said he can't even get on the server. It was only a matter of time, we were having server issues since the season began...it was just good timing Joe had put the new one into action when he did.

All we can do now is go on different forums and post the new site and try to spread the word that way since there is no way to post it up on the old site.

If you can think of something better than that, I am all ears...it kind of throws all of our flyers out of the window, too, now because it had the old address on there and without a redirect link, it is kind of useless.

The unusual thing is, the address did not expire until October and we have been having issues with the server going down 2 weeks before every race since the season began...it just makes one wonder. Its a shame <b>if</b> someone was tampering, because the warning signs were there...but if it is just a fluke then shame on me for thinking otherwise.

The whole purpose of putting a redirect link up this early is to get people used to going to the new site...it had to be phased in because we know people do not check it EVERYDAY...so a few months of a link would do wonders...but that was taken away.

I think this post was longer than it should have been but I hope it answered your question!

CJfilms
07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I may just be repeating what Erin already posted, but this was a necessary move.... It was just too toooooooo peculiar that it would go down a week or so before each event...just long enough to screw with all the preregistrations... Erin received countless emails asking "did you receive my registration", "do you know the site is down", "where's the site", "I can't access the site, why not" ........

This way, it may cost the series some money, but at least IF the site does go offline, there is a 1-800 number I can call 24/7 to get things back online.

NO PETEY, NOT A 1-900 number, don't even go there!!! .......and it's not a psychic hotline either!

So, we should not experience anymore problems from here on out!:cheers: