PDA

View Full Version : The Head

Chris
07-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Front gate price is $30.00 for adults. I am looking forward to lunch at the Birchwood in Polish town, see you at the track. Are we having a get together?

Teds Race Tours
07-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes, that should be a given. How about 4pm near the "Trailer" coming out of turn 2? The practice should be over, and Charger Time trials don't start time 4:30, so thats probably the longest non activity part of the day. Also, the trailer is near the fence, and standing by the fence will prob be the only shade at the track.

RGeeProductions
07-31-2007, 10:00 PM
But Ted, will you be able to find this spot?
It's south from here (http://longislandjam.com/news/2006/Riverhead/Saturday/080506/Richie/Sights/slides/BP8050025.html)!!!!

Chris
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
OK Ted I'll see you by the "luxury box".

Teds Race Tours
08-01-2007, 09:03 AM
But Ted, will you be able to find this spot?
It's south from here (http://longislandjam.com/news/2006/Riverhead/Saturday/080506/Richie/Sights/slides/BP8050025.html)!!!!

For those unfamiliar with The Head, the arrow points to the spot for the Meet and Great, which will probably be the only spot with some shade at this time of the day. I have also marked a bunch of other legendary locations at the track for the visually impared.

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Howie, Fran, Richie is 4 pm OK for this? I don't know when the drivers meeting is. Do we need to adjust the time?

RGeeProductions
08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Howie, Fran, Richie is 4 pm OK for this? I don't know when the drivers meeting is. Do we need to adjust the time?

I thought practice for WMT was done at 3pm.
That leaves 3 - 5:15 open.
I mean Riverhead isn't that big to begin with.......so should have plenty of time

Howie
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
4 PM looks good, a nice break time for the WMT I think. Drivers meeting is like 1 o'clock. I'm supposed to meet TMAC at 4 - maybe he'll meet me there. Turn 2 at 4.

ThE sHaDoW
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Howie, try to remind me, I forget about the get togethers and would like to make a few here and there.

Howie
08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Will do, Shadow.

I have a question off topic. Don't really want to start another thread for it if I don't have to.

Can any of you LI locals tell me if the paving project on the LIE is just week nights or includes Saturday night. I understand from The Jam that the LIE from exits 53 to 50 WB is closed from 9 or 10 pm 'til 5 or 6 am. I called 1-800-ROADWORK and was informed it will not accept calls from my area code. Website isn't much help either. Keep the tourists in the dark I guess. Can anyone help out with info?

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Howie. 800-roadwork pretty much works on a 24 hour period, so they don't have Saturday night listed yet. We will have to check it Saturday Morning.

Howie
08-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks, see you tomorrow. It probably won't accept cell calls from there with my area code either. (May need detour directions too)

Chris
08-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't feel bad Howie I tried from my phone as well and could not connect. they usually just divert you off onto the service road for a few exits and then hop back on. You can always follow me back to Queens.

RGeeProductions
08-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks, see you tomorrow. It probably won't accept cell calls from there with my area code either. (May need detour directions too)

Try this Howie.
LIE Construction (http://www.traffic.com/New-York-Traffic/I-495_Long_Island_Exwy-1.html?AWOPARTNER=NYROADS)
A map should load with yellow flags. Click the flag and should say what's up and times. Best I could find for you.
Most of LIE has service roads right along it, if a screw up somewhere, get on service road and you can see LIE alongside.
There is also Port Jeff ferry......but not for trip home, which will be the driving issue.

W. J.
08-03-2007, 10:51 PM
In the Summer, construction on the LIE only takes place M-F, unless there is an emergency. Resurfacing the roadway is NOT an emergency, and will not have any work being done on weekends.
One other thing; the Eastbound side is finished, complete with lane striping, so no worry there whatsoever. Enjoy your trip, we look forward to seeing oyu at Riverhead.

Note: 1-800-roadwork does not take calls from out of NY area codes, period. It is a strictly NY State 'in-wats' number. As a retired Verizon employee, I would be happy to explain that to anyone, face to face, but you don't want me to type it, and I don't have the time, since I need to be at Riverhead tomorrow. Find me there and I will happily explain it.