PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Speedway Day- GO KARTING FUN-August 26,2007

toots
08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Mickey's Speedway Day will be held on Sunday,August 26 this year. Driver autographs to be held from 1:30 - 2:30. I will supply autograph supplies for all drivers attending. Go Kart racing from 2:30-5:00 ??? Last year some were there until 9:00 pm
Last year was a GREAT time. Racers driving against racers, against the general public, and YES, racing against Mountain officials and personnel - even the promotor, Joe Callavini, got into the action.
A great fun way to promote the track and our racers. Mickey's also has miniature golf, a driving range,a small game room,and a snack bar.
EVERYONE Invited- The more The merrier. Any drivers that would be interested in showcasing their cars and handing out autographs, please get in touch with me either by email or see me at the souvenir booth at the track. dancho@intergrafix.net Can't bring your car?- In that case-just bring yourself, I will supply all drivers bringing their race cars with (1) free complimentary race ticket.
Mickey has also promised a special rate for the day. Will update that as soon as it is available to me.
This year ALL racecars will be lined up in the front of Mickey's. All cars are to be dropped off between 12:00 and 1:00 that afternoon, and ALL trailers are to be taken to Mountain's parking lot, which is approximately 1 1/2 - 2 miles away. ( this will enable more parking space for the general public) Arrangements will be made to get driver's back and forth to their cars and trailers.
Look forward to seeing you all at MICKEY's GOLF CENTER & SPEEDWAY. Will keep everyone updated with info.

Joan

richardpetey
08-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Hey can the #43 come out and play with you mountain peeps, hehe..........:confused:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

toots
08-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Uncle Petey
Most Definitely!!!! It would not be the same without you. I would be honored to have you there- see if you can bring your friend Howie with you. Really miss you guys!! I know that you had a great time last year. Looking forward to seeing you again. Shoot me an email with a definite.

richardpetey
08-05-2007, 04:55 AM
New Egypt Speedway is having a big enduro that day....................:confused:
Hollywood Howie and Cindy will be twisting my arm to go.............:help:
Can't make a commitment yet..................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

toots
08-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Uncle Petey
Whatever arm they are not twisting , you can bring to Mickey's:p :p :p :p
So many things to do, so little time.
Well- you can't be in 2 places at one time, so whatever the decision, I greatly understand- However, it would be nice to see both you and Howie. If not, perhaps some other time.
As of right now, I have 6 Thrillers cars and 1 four cylinder that have committed.
It would be great to get some of the other divisions involved this year.
Come on guys and gals- It will be a great day to get out and enjoy yourselves and let out the season's frustrations and spend some quality time with your fellow drivers
Still waiting to hear from Mickey on the rates for this year.

toots
08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Finally got together with Mickey's.
He has offered a discount of $ 1.00 on each ride ticket. Original ride price is $6.00. Mountain Special will be $ 5.00 a ride.
Also made friends with the go cart attendant who promises to bump up the speed for the drivers only in the events when small children are not participating .
Still only have the 6 thrillers and 1 four cylinder that have committed.
Really need the help of the other divisions.
This is really an event that you don't want to miss. Just ask anyone that participated last year.
let's get those emails rolling in or PLEASE stop and see me at the souvenir booth

toots
08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
As of today- Wednesday August 22- the following drivers have committed to the car show at Mickey's:
Steve Shultz, Eric Wink, Bob Wink, Josh Oswald, Marissa Nelmes, Jeff Owler, Kevin Makarewicz, Mike Moyer, Brian Sones, Barry Callavini, Rich DiMarco, Mike Schadder and the famous Mountain 2 seater will also be there.

If I have forgotten anyone or anyone else is interested, please let me know by Thursday if possible. I will need to get the autograph posters printed up and give Mickey a count of cars that will be attending.

Mickey has been an advertiser in my program for the past 5 years and this is my way of saying Thank You to him and to also enjoy a day away from the track with all of you wonderful people.

He has also advertised in the Standard Speaker this past week that the Mountain drivers will be there this coming Sunday. There should be a nice showing of the public.

toots
08-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Tom Casagrande has been added to the list of drivers that will be attending.
He will be showcasing his modified and 2 of his Karts

toots
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Added today- Wally Gilbert and his racing Kart
Great Job Guys. 17 cars total as of today. I am sure that Mickey will appreciate it as much as I do. Can't thank you all enough!!!!!!

toots
08-28-2007, 07:46 AM
THANK YOU !!!!!
A very big Thank You to all drivers, crews, families, personnel and fans that participated in the 2nd Annual Mountain Speedway event at Mickey's Golf Center & Speedway this past Sunday.
I hope that everyone had as great a time as I did. Your participation was greatly appreciated.
Had a very nice showing of public also.
Hope to see you all, plus more, at the next annual show next year.
Thank You again, and again, and again!!!
Joan

2crew
08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Joan it was fun. The best equal competition racing I have seen all season with the best drivers.

Jeff R. Jr!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

ii # # # # # # # # # #
ii# # # # # # # # # #
ii # # # # # # # # # #
ii# # # # # # # # # #
ii # # # # # # # # # #
ii# # # # # # # # # #
ii
ii
ii
ii
ii