PDA

View Full Version : Pit fee

cuzzzy59
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Does anybody know the price for the pit fee today????

00 RBDJ
08-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I belive that it is $40 admission w/ pit fee.... $30 general admission

LEAD LAP
08-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Not exactly fair to the regular teams.

Jaws
08-04-2007, 03:17 PM
That's not too bad, the regular divisions really get hosed at Thompson for the bigger weekends.

nobandwagonhere
08-05-2007, 12:49 AM
I think $30 general admission is out to lunch. Sorry, but I do.:mad:

Teds Race Tours
08-05-2007, 01:43 AM
$30 Front Gate for a Tour Show when its $23 on a regular night with a demo or school bus race is pretty fair.

maestri fan 1
08-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey for the first time I was was happy with the pit fee. An extra $2.00 last night, that wasn't bad at all. Not to mention the racing last night wasn't bad either.

nobandwagonhere
08-05-2007, 01:05 PM
So you're saying a $23 front gate fee on a regular night is fair? What other short track has that high of a General admission fee on a regular night? Riverhead goes up $2 just about every year. This Sat. I'll be going to Middletown. More racing and $10 to get in. And before you say it, yes gas and tolls come out to more than $23. Money is not the issue here. It's the principal.

RGeeProductions
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Ah, $4.60 an hour to watch racing, not too shabby. And that's figuring 5 hours, most nights it's 6, which would be $3.83 an hour. That's how I look at it, besides, as you mention, gas, time and tolls. Enjoy Middletown, I love the track. Try Lebanon Valley if you like DIRT, you'll never do Middletown again!!!!

vsmidge68
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey come on RGee. I just got them to stay close to home....

nobandwagonhere
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
$4.60 /hour to watch:
1: 62 cautions
2: 12 restarts because the officials "didnt like it"
3: an hour and a half to separate 2 cars
4: 2 hours to fix the pit gate (3 weeks in a row)
5: 45 minutes to line the field back up
6: veteran drivers drive like it's their first night

You know what? You're right. Well worth the $$$.;)

But it's close to home. I still go every week so, I'm just as guilty. I'm not debating that. My argument is simple: is it worth the $$? The last 30 laps of last night's tour race was. The 110 laps before that?...no. Last week the only racing I saw was the last 6 laps of the Modified feature.

It is what it is. No need to drag it on further than it should go. I'll still be there on the 12th to run my "circus act" car.
Ta ta for now!

RGeeProductions
08-05-2007, 03:11 PM
$4.60 /hour to watch:

But i'ts close to home. I still go every week, so I'm just as guilty. I'm not debating that. My argument is simple: is it worth the $$? The last 30 laps of last night's tour race was. The 110 laps before that?...no. Last week the only racing I saw was the last 6 laps of the Modified feature.

It is what it is. No need to drag it on further than it should go. I'll still be there on the 12th to run my "circus act" car.
Ta ta for now!

You're right, this happens at no other track than Riverhead....
And yes, this is OUR home track and no matter what points are made here by anyone, it happens at all tracks now and then and I will always support Riverhead!!!
AND BTW, first caution was lap 2 in last nights tour race, then no cautions for 47 laps!!!
That's the 110 laps before!!!
Yes, to me, it IS worth the money...
And sorry Vicki, LOL....

art11758
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
$4.60 /hour to watch:

But it's close to home. I still go every week so, I'm just as guilty. I'm not debating that. My argument is simple: is it worth the $$? The last 30 laps of last night's tour race was. The 110 laps before that?...no. Last week the only racing I saw was the last 6 laps of the Modified feature.

Ta ta for now!
Y'know what though? I would (and have) gladly pay whatever if I'm entertained. Don't be so quick to put down your enduro entry as anything less than what it is. Chances are its closer to a stock car than anything that runs on Saturday evenings. And I'm a bigger fan of stock car racing as opposed to expensive race cars driven indiscriminately. So as long as the value is there for me, (and the necessary funds of course...) I will be there. Sunday shows are the better product at Riverhead for the moment.

randomrodder
08-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Look at it this way. Riverhead is a lot like the Brooklyn Dodgers were. Ya gotta love it for what it is and what it isn't.

Do I hear an AMEN?

Ka$h25
08-07-2007, 05:37 PM
The Dodgers played in Brooklyn!? :lol: :lol:

Justttt Kidding

W. J.
08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
The Dodgers played in Brooklyn!? :lol: :lol:
Justttt Kidding

Well, the mostly lost, except in 1955, LOL!