PDA

View Full Version : 30 Laps - Double Points - Why?

Tower Man
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
The title says it all...

Why do career Blunderbust drivers take out newer or less funded Blunderbust cars early in a race? There was still over 25 laps to go! Then say sorry, I didn't mean it.

Maybe I'll run my own car from now on. I'll say sorry too!

fisherman
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey Tower Man, what happened this time?

vsmidge68
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I missed it too...What happened?

rabbid1
08-05-2007, 11:47 PM
In defense of the "career " guys , Not that I'm one , But maybe they can't afford to move up, So should they retire . Besides , Racing with experienced drivers will only make everyone better and give them something to shoot for . As for the incident , I didn't see it , But I feel everyone needs to respect each other . Sucks having to put these things back together .

art11758
08-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I will be really polite here. Someone thought it was "five to go" instead of five down and basically drove through someone else who, it appeared to me was holding their own. Tower Man, it looked to me like you guys got it figured out based on your heat race. It is really a shame, no I take that back, pretty awful what some people will do to get to the front. JMO as always.
Art Bichsel

Tower Man
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks Art...you hit the nail on the head.

One additional comment here. I have been involved with just about every division at Riverhead, either as a driver, crew member, owner or sponsor. It cost a hell of a lot no matter which division you run.

Tires in Blunderbust, Chargers, Figure 8's and SPT cost relatively the same. Fuel is the same, pit fees are the same.The only difference is the initial cost for the car and repairs. But I'm thinking...if you are that good, a good sponsor would pick you up and get you situated in a car in another division where your true talents would show.

Oh well, I think I said enough.

leah28racing
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I give credit to Jessica for driving a racecar.:applause: :applause:

Hey Tower Man, it seems to me your not ashamed to ask a career BB driver for help, but the minute the car gets a scratch or dent, you bash them on the internet. Why??

I know Scott personally. Things are gonna happen on the track. I know she's your daughter and all, but Scott does not drive like that. I could understand you being angry if it was a big dollar team. But Scott does not need to get to the front by doing anything to her. Scott wouldn't hurt a fly. All the years you have been around racing, you should know he's not that way.

By the way, Scott has no sponsors. He has Blaze Fuel Oil, which is T.W. BUSINESS BUTHE CAN ONLY HELP SO MUCH IF HE HAS HIS OWN CAR TO WORRY ABOUT TOO. One sponsor doesn't cut it. He does it on his own. He doesn't have over 30,000 in sponsorship money.

art11758
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I didn't mention anyone in particular (nor did anyone else IIRC) even though the incident occurred right in front of where I was sitting. While we are being so pointed, I will ask a question. (caution:long winded question ahead) This is a, according to the rules, "entry level division". So if you are a lap down and you get the move over flag, you are supposed to yield to the inside and let the "leaders" by. That having been said, those same "leaders" saw the same flag pointed at those same lap down car(s), yet they do the same dive to the bottom of the corner move each lap. Is everyone with me so far?? Now if the pass of the lap down car(s) happened on the straightaway, the lap down cars have scooted down and the "leaders" move effortlessly by, no harm, no foul. If there are three lap down cars nose to tail, this gets sticky. Aren't the "leaders" supposed to be: (choose which ever seems to fit best in your own opinion here) to the outside, since they are faster, or somewhat more experienced and able to negotiate this quickly and in a sportsman like manner, or to exhibit some judgement, since every situation is different. Now before I get the feedback I'm anticipating, I realise the slow guys push up in the corners and all of that. It is just to my observation, not happening like it should.
The incident in question may have started out as unintentional, the results were somewhat different in my view.
Art Bichsel
Edit: here's an example of what I am talking about:
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=758&d=1186363385
In this picture the 18 is overtaking the slower 7 on the outside and the 60 is getting ready to do the same thing.
It really used to happen this way.

leah28racing
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
You're right, everyone could have there opinion. There's mine. Also you don't have to say who you were talking about, we all know who this is referring to. Since he doesn't even have a computer, I was speaking in his defense. I wasn't looking to make this such a big deal. Just stating my opinion.

W. J.
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
So glad we had just posted the picutre you needed Art. LOL! It was and is a very good example of racing, and I like the way you laid out your question (theory) about how that should work.

WEEZER
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey art, there was more than one driver who didn't understand the MOVE OVER flag in the bb race, which probably cost Fred the win.

Tower Man
08-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Leah, I didn't bash anyone. I stated how I felt about a 30 lap double point race when my car gets taken out on lap 5. As a car owner I am entitled to that, just as you are. The driver came into my trailer twice and he and my driver discussed it in a professional manner. Done deal, all forgiven.

The fact remains that this division is supposed to be entry level. That is why my driver is racing in the Blunderbust. We could afford to race in any division, but we are going at it one step at a time.

The fact that some drivers don't have sponsors is a shame. Maybe they should call JTL Enterprises and become a client. JTL Enterprises currently represents 4 race teams. (Sorry W.J., please don't consider this advertising).

(I don't consider it advertising, just a presentation of fact-W.J.)

art11758
08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
WEEZER, I hear ya'. I saw it, Bob Finan saw it and said as much over the PA. I think the change is coming at RR, just it isn't going to be "instant". My frustration at the lack of courtesy in all divisions is what keeps me from visiting more often. I learned a long time ago to be careful in how I "finger-point" since there are two (or more) sides to everything. So when I see racecars look more like the little balls in the lotto machine on TV, I wonder what happened to the way it was before all the nonsense.