PDA

View Full Version : Big D

Geno
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Who went & how'd they do??

Erin C
08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I think we have to wait for Miss Cindy Bott on this one...I wasn't able to go yesterday, but she would have a race report!

Sensacious!!!! Can you let us know how it went please??:)

Erin C
08-06-2007, 09:10 PM
FOUR CYLINDER ENDURO (100-laps): 1) #48-Bill Price Jr., 2) #27x-Tony Wetzel, 3) #X3-Ollie Stewart, 4) #24-Larry Spencer, 5) #54-Jeff Sheetz, 6) #11-Jeremy Krauss, 7) #15T-Tim Fitzpatrick Jr., 8) #8-Chris Holland, 9) #35-Lance Hoch, 10) #66-Kevin Holland, 11) #72-Todd Morgan, 12) #44-Kevan Schaeffer, 13) #2W-Jesse Wagner, 14) #15-Earl Eichert Jr., 15) #39x-Sam Creveling, 16) #29-JoAnne Cromyak, 17) #7-Kyle Yurkonis, 18) #412-Lou Pauly, 19) #85-Wayne Krauss, 20) #5-Chad Neifert, 21) #25-Matthew Webber, 22) #1J-Keith Kidd, 23) #333-Dave Cromyak, 24) #127-Gary Grim, 25) #87-Tyler Spittle, 26) #55-Joe Caracaappa, 27) #56-Andrew Tobash, 28) #23-Dutch Brensinger, 29) #115-Shaun Miller.

I'll post the 6/8 when it is official from BD.

NJ Chick
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Dr D raced, but no Uncle Petey:( For some strange reason he thought he would need steering for this event, so he stayed home to fix it. There were 43 big cars, the Dr started in 37th position and was moving up quite nicely. He was either in the top 10 or very close to it, when on lap 57 he had to go to the pits due to overheating because of all that lovely Big D mud.:rolleyes: After a quick hose down by our crack pit crew, the Dr returned to the track about 4 laps down. He was on a mission and made up quite a bit of lost ground. It may sound silly, but I can't even tell you where he finished because the official final results have not been posted yet for the big cars. I can tell you that there were 2 DQ's in the top 5, so everyone will be moving up, but we'll just have to wait until the officials sort it all out. As soon as I find out the results, I'll post it here.

As for NEETS alumni in the big cars, Mark Paine #72 started the race, but unfortunately had to retire to the pits due to overheating problems. Regular NEETS runner Mark Spencer #124 was also racing and doing a great job, but had to call it day for the same reason. Former NEETS 4 cyl driver, Bill Price took the checkers first while Ollie Stewart came in 3rd and Larry Spencer took 4th. Just visiting was Joe "Millionaire" Jentile and Phil "I'm going to win a blasted NEETS race one of these days" Lomanaco:p

A big thank you to Pappy for being our scout guide so we could find the place again, but I think we've got it down now.;)

And I do believe....that's a wrap!:wave:

The Sensacious Racing Report:cool:

Geno
08-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys! Hey, sounds like things got a little dirty- but also, sounds like ya had fun.

NJ Chick
08-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Just got this courtesy Gary Lileck, Jr. Thank you Gary!!:wave:

COMPLETE 6/8 CYLINDER ENDURO RESULTS FROM SUNDAY AUGUST 5…

100 lap enduro: 1) #327-Chris Reichert, 2) #8-Jason Brown, 3) #58-Doug Naftzinger, 4) #51-Brad Krause, 5) #71-Joey Zvorsky, 6) #36-Bee Luckenbill, 7) #0-Dan Strenkoski, 8) #83-Jeff Krause, 9) #6-Shawn Naftzinger, 10) #75-Howie Bott, 11) #20-Dave Burkert, 12) #63-Mike Reichert, 13) #3-Jamie Naftzinger, 14) #2-Ron Kriner, 15) #10-Shon Elk, 16) #23-Jody Brensinger, 17) #15W-Jesse Wagner, 18) #29B-Ricky Bender, 19) #14-Bob Engle, 20) #5-Kirby Schlappich, 21) #302-Ralph Bankes Jr., 22) #19-Nick Reichert, 23) #777-Mike Naftzinger, 24) #56-Jake Brensinger, 25) #01-Christopher Lord, 26) #72-Mark Paine, 27) #666-Chuck Detweiler, 28) #37-Shannon Weilder, 29) #16-Pappy Felker, 30) #102-TJ Fitzpatrick, 31) #124-Mark Spencer, 32) #911-Sammy Detweiler, 33) #49-Chuck Dietzel, 34) #98-Ray Cinqmars, 35) #1-Vince James, 36) #54-Michael Benulis, 37) #44D-Mike Allar, 38) 84-Ralph Bankes III, 39) #86-Joe Costello. DQ: #52-Walt Lemmon, #79-Brent Freeman, #301-Michael Kiehl, #46-Kevin Brown.

Hey Geno, yes, it was a lot of fun:cool: Big Diamond is a pretty cool place to race!:)

richardpetey
08-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Whats everybody at Big-D got the same last name........Naftzinger or Detweiler..............................:eek:
I guess, its a real family affair at the Diamond....................;)
It must be true, the moisture on a rednecks stomach is relative humidity.......................:help:
Thank you! Thank you!.............I try to do stand-up at Wall Twp. Speedway every saturday 6 to 11PM......catch my show..you won't even need penicillin................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

greenflag
09-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone. We have another Enduro just around the corner at Big Diamond Raceway on Sunday September 9. Hope to see some more NEETS drivers in the field.

The 6/8 cylinder division (150-laps), Four Cylinder division, and a Powder Puff will be held. Complete details can be found on the track's website.

Thanks,
Gary L. aka greenflag

Erin C
09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey Gary...I heard if there is over 50 cars it is $750 to win, is this right? I'll be heading down there on Sunday to root everyone on, feel free to come talk to me...I'll be wearing a yellow NEETS shirt. Can't wait to see you guys!

EnduroFromDE
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I was wondering if I can get some help in trying to find this track, never been there and would like and go one day. This enduro coming up would be perfect time too. I ran the address on the website on mapquest, but there is no racetrack near there??? Please maybe some help before this weekend please!!!

Erin C
09-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey Steve...give me a bit and I will try to help, they guys at BD are pretty helpful in that department (they gave me some good directions from Atlantic City to there, but now its a lot easier coming from my house it is a straight shot on 81!)

Where in DE are you coming from? I'll see if I can get some help.

EnduroFromDE
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I am actually a stone's throw from the Delaware/New Jersey Bridge (DMB) I live off the first exit headed south on 295 after the bridge. And only about 2 miles from 95. You said it is on 81?? How far away from Mountain and MVS is it?
Thanks for the help Erin. Hope to see ya there. Maybe hot off the win, Petey might make the trip there, you think??

Erin C
09-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I dont know! OK, now I gotta go dig through some emails, I am pretty sure I have directions from 95...when I get home from work I have to dig.

NJ Chick
09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
You could try and see if this helps in the meantime, go to: http://www.bigdiamondraceway.com click on "Directions" it may give you a clearer idea of where to go, but not sure if the range is far enough south for you Steven. There is also the track phone number on the site as well. I'm sure Erin will find better directions if this doesn't help you!

I'm sorry to say that neither Dr D nor Uncle P will be attending this time:( but I hope some of you give Big D a try, it's a lot of fun! Good Luck to all that go!!!:wave:

greenflag
09-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Endurofromde, if you take I-81 North you have your choice of exit 104 (Ravine) or exit 116 (Minersville). If you are familiar with the area then the Ravine exit might be quicker, however, there are a few turns along the way. Since you've never been to BDR, then I would reccomend exit 116 (Minersville exit). Turn right at the stop sign and head towards Minersville. When you first drive down 901 you will notice the 901 pub on the right and you know you are heading in the correct direction. Go about four miles to Primrose PA, and turn right. There is a Big Diamond sign at this turn. If you drive to the Hilltop Service Center (on your left) you have gone too far. From there you'll drive about two miles and the track is one your left, you will see the sign.

As you can tell, I am horrible at giving directions, :) but I tried.

We hope to see you at Big Diamond this Sunday, thanks for your interest in the enduro.

erinb, you are correct, 150-laps with a minimum of $500 to win. If over 50 cars compete the winner will receive $750.

Gary L.

NJ Chick
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Looks like we just may be heading for the Big D afterall this Sunday....I wish these men would make up my mind for me already!:lol:

Oh and another thing, if any of you do make the trip, you need to bring a scorer, they use manual scoring there, no transponders for the enduros!:eek:

Hope to see you there!!:wave:

CJfilms
09-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Well Cindy, if you guys are going to be there...I have to give you Petey's tranny plug...I can really mess with that sentence, but I will leave it be... :D :D

Also, I'll volunteer Erin and myself to score for anyone if they need someone! I'm sure Erin won't mind me doing this!!! :lol: :D

See you there!

Erin C
09-07-2007, 10:08 PM
No...I don't mind

We will be there in the pits either way, so if anyone needs a scorer, you know who we are and we will be happy to score for ya..just either see us in the pits or send either of us an email before Sunday and we will be happy to score for you. :)

I am so glad working as a team for the betterment (if that is even a word) (IT IS!!!-W.J.)for enduros....

Gary L. If you need any help with anything, we volunteer ourselves to you, too...we've got a lot of experience under our belts so we are also are available to you if you need anything. Can't wait to see you all!!

CJfilms
09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
^_^ Isn't that an intriguing offer Gary? You have all of me for the day? Do you think you can handle all of me? And for a whole day?

We'll work on the betterment of something, oh yeah!

:applause: :lol: :applause: :lol: :applause: :lol: :applause: :lol: :applause: :lol: :applause: :lol: :applause: :lol:

oh god...I need :help: