PDA

View Full Version : 8/11 thoughts and penalties

cuzzzy59
08-12-2007, 12:28 AM
:mad: WOW is all I can say. News 12 came down tonight, and the retarts came out. What a complete disaster spectacle some call racing, and I call junk. I brought a possible sponsor down, and he was mortified by what he viewed. What the #2 did in the pits is the most insane, despicable act I've ever witnessed. And I was there to see it myself. This msg board will not solve the crisis out there, only the powers to be can do that. But I tell you all, somebody is gonna get hurt bad if nothing is done.

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Give it a day or so before we hear anything, but please wait because we will hear something. Thanks, I ask this from all. What happened was uncalled for people just standing around and had to jump for their lives. But give it a day or so before we hear anything.

badnews
08-12-2007, 01:41 AM
First off, I dont think we will hear anything about tonight nor any night. Tonight was proof of how out of control things are getting at Riverhead, don't get me wrong, I love racing. But at what cost do we have to pay, someones life, because there is no respect among drivers and no consistency from the official? The owners and officials should be ashamed they finally had local news media there, after how many years, and boy did they get a show!!!! Tonight was a wreck fest and the fighting was out of control. WHEN WILL THE DRIVERS HAVE RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER????? I do wonder if any, if at all, any suspensions will come, or are they worried about the car count!!!!!!!

wayne
08-12-2007, 07:18 AM
I Saw Some Of The Craziest Things Last Night !!
#1 -jr Come Into The Pits At About 75 Mph
#2 -jr Lose It And Crash Into The Parts Truck
#3 -watching About 4 People Try To Hold Him Back( He's About 67 Lbs Soaking Wet)
#4- 2 Or 3 Different Brawls, With No Real Punches!!
#5- Bill Dennistons Son "trying To Fight" (that Was The Craziest)cause He Cant!
#6- Channel 12 News Camera Guy Filming The Whole Thing,and Smiling Like Hell.
#7- Joe B Telling Everyone To Get In The Trailer ( I Guess He Runs The Show)
#8- Wayne Anderson Telling Joe B For Him To Race The Car, Cause His Son Doesn't Know How( That Was Pretty Funny)
#9- Jim Maggio Scared To Death!!!
#10-security Gaurds Doing Nothing, But Securing The Concession Stand
#11- The Cops Coming, An Hour To Late.
I WILL THINK OF SOME MORE, ITS KINDA EARLY!!

TractionControl
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Wayne great job with the list, but JR didn't lose it when he crashed into the parts truck. HE WENT TO HIT A CREW MEMBER OF THE 15 WITH HIS CAR, THE GUY HAS TO DIVE OUT OF THE WAY TO AVOID GETTING HIT.
Let's not bash JR on this, as Joe B does A LOT for the track as I read on this message board a few weeks back.:rolleyes: :mad:

cuzzzy59
08-12-2007, 07:49 AM
wayne great recap i love it,but just another observation, maggio or cappy were heard saying and i quote," the 15 had some help from the #2,and didnt throw the yellow to correct the problem.No what they ended up doing by their non actions is damn near cause 1 guiy on waynes crew his life.And don't any moderator tell me to wait to see the outcome. Heres the facts in evidence,JR intentionally tried to hit that guy,and thats what needs to be addressed,because nobody should have to put themselves in harms way like that just to have FUN.This is not fun:mad:

allhailunc
08-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Well, I guess until someone winds up seriously hurt or worse, nothin will be done. Man, I miss all the excitement.

nobandwagonhere
08-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I just hope all the $$$ under the table is enough to cover the lawsuit when, God Forbid, someone ends up getting killed.
Riverhead Raceway Officials made themselves look PATHETIC this Sat. I think the Cromartys need a nice bowl of reality with a side order of dignity.:mad:

Great job Cromartys...you put on a hell of a show.

Wheel Racing
08-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Glad I stayed home. What a shame that these 2 are trying so hard to make each other respect each other when the end result will be that everyone else just respects them both less. What a struggle for the changing of the guard. JR is a great driver that still has untapped potential, but sometimes let's people get into his head. Wayne is a very accomplished veteran that will not give in at all. It's simple: "What we have here is a failure to communicate". This battle has gone on too long and both drivers equally share the blame for the on-track antics. As far as the off track stuff, like I said, I wasn't there and there will end up being 20 different stories by the end of the week, but the pits are a dangerous place to be and the drivers need to realize that their actions could potentially lead to someone getting seriously hurt and then having to face legal action. I, for one, hope that doesn't happen. Maybe give these 2 guys a couple of demo cars and settle it on their own.

Gravel
08-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I want everyone to understand that I'm not BASHING ANYONE here. But it has been proven in the past that 2 people in charge does not work! What the Cromarty's need to do, is find someone that will be fair and impartial, and put order back in the pits. While no chief steward is perfect, I do know that none of this crap went on when Joe Larsen was chief steward. Or, when something like this did happen, it was nipped in the bud right away. I think the Cromarty's should contact Joe Larsen to see what he needs to come back as chief steward. JMHO

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
HEY I SAID WAIT A DAY OR SO BEFORE WE GET ON THIS SUBJECT, THINGS ARE BEING LOOKED OVER AND SOMETHING WILL BE DONE!!! But I guess people all have to jump all over it, we all know what happened for the most part. Let wait a day or so before we go off on rants this time. This is a very serious incident and IS NOT being over looked! We will hear something about is soon. I ask that we keep the incident in pits off the boards for now.

mod fan99
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Wheel Racing
08-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I want everyone to understand that I'm not BASHING ANYONE here. But it has been proven in the past that 2 people in charge does not work! What the Cromarty's need to do, is find someone that will be fair and impartial, and put order back in the pits. While no chief steward is perfect, I do know that none of this crap went on when Joe Larsen was chief steward. Or, when something like this did happen, it was nipped in the bud right away. I think the Cromarty's should contact Joe Larsen to see what he needs to come back as chief steward. JMHO

This is the exact quote on Joe's signature for the JAM

"You cannot go back to what was. You can only work towards a better tomorrow."

So I don't think contacting Joe will do any good,nor do I think it would work.Doesn't Joe have a lot going on already?If they really wanted to replace the current staff than they should look for somebody new with management experience in the real world and people skills.If they want to re-cycle former officials than they could look at a guy like Ray Morturano that everyone feared and respected.Why not Billy Bartley?? Most people loved racing for him.The biggest problem right now is that they have too many moving parts at the same time.The current staff just might make it work,but they haven't had enough time to get comfortable yet.

luvmods
08-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Okay. I happen to one of the involved from Wayne's crew. I also happen to be his crew chief's wife. What went on last night was a true disgrace. I am ashamed of the way things were handled by the officials both on and off the track. Yes, we were dumped yet again. The officials should have put JR to the back of the pack or set down. With nothing being done Wayne took matters into his own hands FINALLY! Don't the officials realize that if they did their jobs in a consistent manner without any special treatment for some, many of the problems would cease? It is amazing what they see and choose not to see. Their famous last words are "we didn't see what happened." We monitor the NASCAR frequency and the officials came over the scanner with "The 15 had help by the 2 going around." But nothing is done??????????

What about JR driving excessively fast in the pits and who deliberately tried to run down one of our crew members who had to jump out of his way to avoid being seriously injured or worse. Well JR hit Dennis' truck causing some damage but that's for Dennis to worry about. Is anything done to him???????

According to the Cromarty's they have never told any officials to give the 2 car any preferential treatment. However, going back as far as we (meaning everyone who goes to the track) can remember all those in an official capacity have been told that "their hands are tied" and it comes from the Cromartys.

Just so you all know, I was the one involved in having News 12 there as they had contacted me several weeks ago about interviewing Kenny at the shop and then coming to the track, interview Wayne, take footage of all the cars on the track, and get some other interviews from other competitors for a series they want to put together for early September. Boy, did Mike Coleman (Sports announcer), his camera man and the News 12 producer get an eyeful (and film full.) Tomorrow I'm going to have to contact him to apologize for what they saw and let them know what goes on. We thought we were trying to do something nice and get some good publicity for the race track but alas.......

For those of you who were in our pit area. Yes I was "thrown out" by Tom the Security Guy who told me he saw me hit Big Sister (don't know her name) in the face with my clipboard (after I was provoked first.) What he didn't see was her kick me FIRST but he did hear her vulgarities directed at me. I guess I should have turned a "blind eye." I'm not proud about hitting someone, let alone a female which is a FIRST in my life but I will not sit back and take it. This family is out of control!

Leaving, we went STRAIGHT to the Cromarty's office. Someone had to finally take a stand and I felt we were it. I told them that before we went home after being "thrown out" I wanted them to hear ALL we had to say about what went on and what has gone on far too long, and what continues to go on. Without going into every bit of what took place in their office, let it be said that ALOT was talked about. Kenny and I told them that we all know they see what goes on but they can’t continue to ignore it. Something needs to be done immediately. This place is out of control with the Bertuccios who tell everyone they can do and will do whatever they want. Kenny informed Barbara and Jim that yes we all know Joe does alot for the track but he and JR are a DISGRACE to racing and have given the track and the Cromarty's a bad name. I said "One day JR is going to kill or seriously injure another driver or competitor and is that what it will take before they do something. I certainly wouldn’t want to live with that on my shoulders.”

After our very cordial and informative meeting we can only hope that much of what was discussed will be taken to heart by them and changes made for the better. It would only benefit them and the track as a whole.

Finally, just for the record, Barbara and Jim told us that I was NOT nor will I be thrown out. They then had Kenny and me taken back into the pits.

Laurie
#15 modified

racerwife
08-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Nice post Laurie. Now after a face to face showdown with Cromartys' maybe something will be done about this entire racing situation.

I'm sure what should have been a great publicity event for the track and racers in general will possibly be shown in a "bad light" because of some peoples actions. And yes indeed it was all caught on tape. I find it hard to believe that News12 will be told what they can and can't film and show during a broadcast or feature story! GREAT JOB GUYS !!!! Makes us that much more a positive reason to bring a new racing venue to the island. Just remember, News12 isn't local news anymore. They are a leader in the tri-state area news media, besides seliing their news stories to other news media..lets see how far this one gets to. And this is the "free publicity" that the track wants. I would be sure to want to bring my family here for a nights entertainment, yea, right !!! Just turned another new spectator off and away from racing!

And the worst part about this... it was all TOTALLY preventable. After the incidents of the past weeks with the same team if appropriate actions had been done THEN and THERE this would not have happened.

I guess the fortunate part of this is that no-one was seriously injured...
we have however, no more chances left. The next time someone will either be dead or seriously hurt. I seem to remember writing numerous emails and posts with this same comment...DO SOMETHING BEFORE THERE IS A DEATH OR INJURY ON YOUR HANDS.

Karen

topracer2007
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I have been going to Riverhead Raceway for about 20 years and the past few years with JR. is nuts. He should not even be on a track of any kind and yes, he will really hurt someone someday and he does not even care.
What should be done is for someone to write a letter to NASCAR in Fl. and tell them what goes on at the track. They will send somebody to check it out
Yes Jr. should be set down for the rest of the year and maybe next year as well.

Rich Mergl
08-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Wasn`t there but what went on in the pits sounds serious.
On the track however, WAYNE had to get a STANDING OVATION for taking out the duece. Had to have been louder than when Stefanik took out TC in the Tour Race.

Ka$h25
08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I hate to be the Devils Advocate, but not really:)

How many people get HELPED around?. Especially in short track modified racing. I'm pretty sure it happened in the Late Models with the 10. Scott, who also seems to be on the short end of it every week, said his piece, and went to the rear of the field. If it were anyone but the 2, Wayne probably would have accepted it as racing. Retaliation is the worst part of racing and it shouldn't be tolerated. If a driver can't keep his cool on the race track, he shouldn't be on the race track. I guess it's just natural to go against JR, but let's drop the personal vendetta. Both drivers were wrong, but I see it as Wayne is the one who took it to the next level. If not for what he did, the whole incident in the pits could have been avoided.

Frog Girl
08-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with you Ca$H25. If it was anyone else except JR (who everyone loves to hate) Andersen would have let it go. JR moves the wrong way and everyone jumps at him. Andersen should not have retailated, any sport that is unacceptable.

Rich Mergl
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Seems to me that the 2 moves the wrong way too often when the 15 is around. Think it was Vigs in the past and now its Wayne that always seems to be at the wrong end of the two`s Mental errors.

cuzzzy59
08-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey kash$$, I'll take a stab at playing devils advocate. What if the officials actually made the right call and threw the yellow, put Wayne in the back and set down the #2? Now this should have been the way it was handled, that's it, plain and simple. :wave:

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
If the yellow wasn't thrown for the spinning Fortin and Accadi, why should it be thrown for spinning Anderson? Everyone made it pass Wayne as with the 84/93 and in both cases the cars kept going. Both situtations came to a head later on the track. It took a lap and a half for Wayne to ride jr in the wall. Poor Justin in the whole thing. No one really mentions the 84/93 thing, took 3 incidents for both to be out of the race. With the past of both drivers on the track something was going to happen. By time a blak flag would have been thrown Wayne would been slowed down to get at JR anyway. I don't think it would have changed anything from what we have witnessed on the track before.

DRIVERS NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES FOR THEIR ACTIONS! This whole year in every division almost (I think trucks can be excluded from this, good job guys!) stuff has happened or things have come to a head. I can not blame the officials that have been thrown to the wolves. The crews and drivers have eaten them up and it's disguisting to watch. Every call made Saturday night I believe was the right call from chargers to Late Models to Modifieds. People wanted calls to be made and when they are they don't like it. I don't believe the modified thing was going to be avoided on the track. From where I was sitting I saw the same things and would have made the same calls. I would have black flagged JR. but like I said by time he would have pulled into the infield something was going to happen. If the yellow would have came out, would have Wayne just gone to the back of the field without letting JR know how he felt? I think Wayne would have bumped him or break checked him during the yellow. If JR was black flagged after the yellow was thrown, would his hot temper done the same thing? Either way I don't think we would have avoided an incident from happening.

This has nothing to do with officials, this has to do with drivers who need to "MAN UP" and take responibilty for there actions! Way to much crying this year, no one is having fun. Why get into this hobby? To have fun! No one here is doing this for a career and thoses who want, learn and move on and try to make something of it! Everyone has a job that starts monday morning. It's time drivers start having fun again and take what they do on the track with respect and have respect for the driver next to them. Back in the day I know there was fights, but the guy who fought went out that night or next day for a beer or family outing and left it on the track!

MODFAN15
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Bullfather, your missing the point, the "officials" are to blame for this, if they make the right calls when they should, driver's would not take matter's in their own hands, and things don't get escalated to this level. We all know Wayne and JR have been going on for some time now, forget years past, this year alone early in the season JR finished second two weeks in a row, who was third, Wayne. Good clean racing, the next week the roles were reversed and Wayne got dumped for fifth spot on the last lap, by JR. This kid is out of control. You run him clean and he doesn't run you clean. Nothing is ever done to penalize him. Well, right, wrong, or indifferent, Wayne did what he had to do last night, knowing the officials would have and have done nothing about it to JR.

cuzzzy59
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Modfan my point exactly, well put plain and simple.:wave:

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Last night was not about officials. This has been going on for years. Both drivers have done stuff, both drivers have caused each other to wreck for years. They have had times where they have raced each other clean. Something was going to happen on the track after Wayne was spun. By time the yellow was thrown for the 84/93. Wayne would have ruffled JR feathers, he is an old school racer. If not this week, next week or month down the line. It came to a head again! JR has been suspened in the past, he is not the favorite son as people claim. Wait to see or hear if any infractions will be handed down. The two guys on the hill had nothing to do with someone attitude between two drivers. Both driver did their actions on the track! Both driver are responsible for what happened on the track. JR is responsible for spinning Wayne. Wayne is responsible for taking JR out and also Justin's front tire.

What happened in the pits is JR responsiblity. His attitude is his responsiblity! Time to stop blaming others, this thing between Wayne and JR has been going on for way to long. But it comes down either way to both of them! Both have been talked to before, suspensions or fines handed down. But it continues to happen! It is between both drivers! It's ugly no doubt, they have tried to put in the past, but it always comes back up. This is not being overlooked.

cuzzzy59
08-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Please be forthcoming with the verdict if in fact one is made,it sure would be appreciated......

Rich Mergl
08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Who took out Jr during the TOUR RACE? And why?

JBonsignore
08-12-2007, 05:14 PM
If you're going to "do what you have to do" because the officials won't, then try not to take out other racecars in the process. Not every team can afford to fix their cars just because someone else wants to use theirs as a weapon! If you want to treat your stuff like a demo, wait til the end of the night and get a bus!

debbie33
08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Justin we feel for you!! You were in the right place at the wrong time. Their grudge cost you big!!

fred card
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
No gutls, only at Riverhead does this happen.

Gravel
08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
First, Neal.
I believe if the Cromarty's made Joe the right offer, he would be back in a heart beat.
Second, last night.
I was not there, but from what I'm told, officials are part to blame. Can't lose control of your race track. Calls MUST be made FAIRLY and consistantly. No 2 ways about it.[no pun intended] Have a drivers meeting, lay down the law. No more BS. If you dump someone, be prepared to go to the rear. Or, to the pits. Being nice isn't going to get results. BE CONSISTANT!! Whether it be the #2 or the #3 or the #23. What's good for one, is good for all. Now, I happen to like JR & Joe B., but what's fair is fair. Now maybe Mike or Jim didn't see what happened. But if another official tells them that one driver dumped another, if they have faith in that official, make the call. I, for one, will wait to see the end results. I hope the right thing happens. For the track's sake.

The"Roof"Rider
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Tune To news 12 at 8 o'clock!!!!

Teds Race Tours
08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Sounds like must see Television.

ReptarRacing
08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Gravel,
Since you seem to be Joe Larsen's spokesperson I will address this to you.......
Sorry but I really do not agree with you on bringing back Joe Larsen. Joe Larsen has stated on here that his hands "were tied" when it came to making a decision regarding a blunderbust race. So if his hands were tied there I guess the rest of his body would be tied for making any decisions in the higher divisions. Granted there is no love lost between myself and Larsen, but he has been on here stating things that he has done and not done only to his recollection, and not to the recollection of many others.
If again his hands were tied in making a blunderbust decision, then what control could he possibly have?????

He has been very negative when it comes to track recently(just read his posts), so why would anyone want him as an official there?

Gravel
08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Sorry, Gina,
I'm not Joe's spokesperson or anything else but a friend. I've worked under Bill Brice, Walt Edsall, Joe, Billy D. Out of all, Walt was the best. Joe, a close second. Who would YOU put in charge?

ReptarRacing
08-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Not Joe Larsen!!!!!! I would rather someone who does not rewrite history as to how they see it!!!!

scottyboy39
08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
i dont think i have ever seen a driver blacked flagged at riverhead.the 2 car seems to jump the restarts from the middle of the back stretch and np warning.not siding with anybody as i wasnt there last night but from wha i have seen in the past 2 years this kid need a penalty he has no respect for other drivers.i grew a old school racer.which is you race hard beat and bang but dont spin.the 2 races hadr bumps and spins ya then gets mad cuz u got in his way.

W. J.
08-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Okay, let's keep the personal arguments in the PM section please!

Thank you!

Fig8 T.K.
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
For years people have been on this message board complaining that the officials have no respect for the drivers. The biggest complaint was that they scream and yell and curse at drivers when they go to complain about a call. I think the chief stewards now are more approachable than most chief stewards in recent years. They listen, they give their explanation without screaming and cursing at you. I witnessed this first hand during the Charger race. Three or more members of a crew came up the ramp yelling at the Chief Stewards. Jim Maggio came down to speak with them. He did say he would talk to one person from the crew not everyone. The crew member spoke to Jim and Jim explained why his driver was blacked flagged. It was because this driver was a victim of rough riding and the car that took him out was put back a spot for his actions and this driver still took things in his own hands and did some more damage. The crew member did not deny this happened. So the officials did the right thing but that wasn't good enough for someone. I have been told by a few drivers that it is nice to be able to speak with the Officials and be treated like a human. How about everyone gives these new Chief Stewards the respect they expect from the Officials. The nonsense that has gone on in the past weeks shows respect for no one. I have heard some very personal family matters brought up in the middle of fights that has no place at the race track. As far as having meetings with the drivers, this was done Sat night with the Fig8 division. They were told there would be no hesitation to throw the black flag if needed. Did this work? Hopefully it did, it was a good race. Now everyone just needs to take off those rose colored glasses they wear during the races and see that the people we cheer for every week do mess up from time to time. No driver is perfect and neither are the officials.

catfish
08-12-2007, 09:08 PM
***deleted***

modified_fan
08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I truly believe that these 2 officials have tried their best to make for good racing here through the divisions. They were tossed into a frying pan. They had to be up and running under pressure in this new situation under the spotlight of all of us watching our races and their calls.

In officiating the mods they have been walked into an ongoing problem. As Mike Fields reported a few weeks back, they have their hands tied behind their backs perhaps stemming from contributions to the profitability of the track by a certain mod team. This situation has led to many 'incidents' over the years. Standing week after week from the my vantage at the top of the eastern pit stands it gets comical watching the certain team owner converse with the officials.

2 weeks ago the situation exploded to a lesser degree in practice. The officials were overruled by the Cromarty's. Last night an on track incident led to more ugliness on the track, which led to a driver pointing his car at a rival crew member at high speed and crashing into Dennis Freese's truck as a result.

Sad......so very sad.

Later on, after all died down, one of the head officials came to the driver of the 15 and said......'way to go'.

That he was brought to say that is such a TRAGIC commentary as to how the track owners allow racing to be run here.

Let's hope that the Cromarty's wake up. Let's hope they take the handcuffs off the officials they empower and let them officiate.

Douglas Corwin
Eastport Feeds

wayne
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Aaaaaaaaamen.

nflobster
08-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Good call, bad call, or no call, you DO NOT grab gears in the pits and try to run someone down. On the track is one thing (which I don't condone), but when you have the pit area for the mods up where this incident occured, a lot of innocent people could have been hurt or worse. Do not make light of this transgression, because if one of my buddies would have been hurt, the police would have been there pronto, taking someone away.

modprincess8x
08-12-2007, 09:44 PM
The whole modified race was a disgrace, from Wayne starting a restart in turn 3 to J.R. hitting the Oval Speed truck. It all happens because it can, nothing gets done. The pit stands knew exactly what was going to happen as soon as J.R. passed Justin for 2nd and again after he spun Wayne, so how did the officials not see it all coming and do something about it? Hopefully both of them sit a few weeks out.

My brother was thinking about getting the car ready to come to Riverhead this week. I hope he rethinks that and we go to Mountain or Mahoning.

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
After JR passed Justin what was the officials going to do? As you said we knew it was coming. But, they've been in the same situtation before and they raced clean. But, as you said we all saw it coming, including me! I said to the people next me watch. They were new to the track. They left fans! OH MY GAWD! I hated seeing this happen, but everyone loves drama. Now that drama should have never leaked over into the pits as it did!

But after JR passed Justin what could anyone do about it? Find debris on the track? Oh only works for Nextel Cup to find it when it's not there!

Mike and Jim were thrown to the wolves and they have eaten them up. I agree with TK, let's show a little respect. We know they made calls but were over turned. What were they going to do about? They are here for us, to listen to us and try to work with us, try working with them! The problems that have happened you can voice it, but bring it to the right people. I think you know who they are! They will have to listen.

Eddie will can still use at the track!

modprincess8x
08-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Well if we all knew it was coming it was probably intentional. So how about a black flag or a yellow flag once it happened. The officials should have taken action so Wayne didn't feel he had to. You couldn't do anything before it happened but something sure as hell could've been done afterwards. The one who suffers out of this mess is Justin, his car is damaged because of other drivers' actions and officials' lack of actions.

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
read my previous post, something was bound to happen if a black or yellow flag was thrown. Wayne kept moving after the spin, why throw a yellow? Same with the 84/93 a few laps before when Sal cut across the track instead of jumping in the back of the pack. No yellow then, Wayne spun out in the same place. Either flag still had tempers flying!

scottyboy39
08-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Good call, bad call, or no call, you DO NOT grab gears in the pits and try to run someone down. On the track is one thing (which I don't condone), but when you have the pit area for the mods up where this incident occured, a lot of innocent people could have been hurt or worse. Do not make light of this transgression, because if one of my buddies would have been hurt, the police would have been there pronto, taking someone away.

After the races, I hang in the pits to see my buddy who pits the 15 and if I was there last night when this all went down I would have locked up somebody myself for being stupid. Maybe we need to boycott or something until this is taken care of. As everybody agrees, it won't stop until somebody gets hurt. I know a lot of fans like to go to the races to see crashes and all, but me being a life time racing fan, I do not like to see a 75 grand car get smashed up for no reason at all when we are all the same working class men.

RacinRob
08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
lol, If we all boycott, there will be nobody left.

The Bullfather
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah but we love it too much even with the drama.

TNT "We know drama", feel like watching a Cup race on their station and seeing one their commercials!

unowho243
08-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I Saw Some Of The Craziest Things Last Night !!
#1 -jr Come Into The Pits At About 75 Mph
#2 -jr Lose It And Crash Into The Parts Truck
#3 -watching About 4 People Try To Hold Him Back( He's About 67 Lbs Soaking Wet)
#4- 2 Or 3 Different Brawls, With No Real Punches!!
#5- Bill Dennistons Son "trying To Fight" (that Was The Craziest)cause He Cant!
#6- Channel 12 News Camera Guy Filming The Whole Thing,and Smiling Like Hell.
#7- Joe B Telling Everyone To Get In The Trailer ( I Guess He Runs The Show)
#8- Wayne Anderson Telling Joe B For Him To Race The Car, Cause His Son Doesn't Know How( That Was Pretty Funny)
#9- Jim Maggio Scared To Death!!!
#10-security Gaurds Doing Nothing, But Securing The Concession Stand
#11- The Cops Coming, An Hour To Late.
I WILL THINK OF SOME MORE, ITS KINDA EARLY!!

lol I think #5's my favorite.

Ka$h25
08-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Don't mean to trail off subject, but its not really worth a new post. What was the cause for the semi-lockdown at the back gate saturday? I noticed it immediately after the modified altercation. Then after about 20 minutes I went back down and noticed they were letting people walk through, but no trucks or trailers could leave.

allhailunc
08-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Hey bullfather, while your postings ring true on their intent, I think you've also hit the nail on the head. This "rivalry" (for lack of better terms) had been festering for a few years now, and yes, the officials have literally been "thrown to the wolves", but had there been officials with enough cajones & conviction and guts to put their foot down and say, "Enough of this crap, you two are out of here.", this whole megilla would never have happened in the first place, now would it? What is going to wind up happening is, as many previuos posts stated, something on the line of a very serious injury or worse is going to transpire before anything gets done. Oh, and someone stated call Daytona and they'll send someone. Yeah, right. Their attitude is "it's your track -it's your problem". Trust me, from personal experience on that one. It's a shame that Channel12 news had to be there filming it. I bet every time they've aired it, they laugh their backsides off. :lol:

scottyboy39
08-13-2007, 06:06 AM
lolol Yeah, I was joking about the boycott. The day I boycott a race, well can't say hell will freeze over, because that happened in '94 with the rangers and the cup. Excitement is great, but at what cost?

vsmidge68
08-13-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't think we need new officials, I just think the ones we have need to be able to make the correct calls. I get the feeling that when it comes to the #2 car, their hands truly are tied. But that has always been the case. (are ya new?) Funny, when Chum and Robin drove for Joe B., I don't recall such problems. Maybe it's just the simple fact that his driver now needs to be stepped on instead of coddled. I wasn't there Sat. night (So I'm sure I'll be corrected, lol, if I am wrong), but as I understand it, no caution was thrown when Wayne spun. If he kept going, or restarted, then there didn't need to be a caution. (Sorry, but too many cars sit and wait for the flag and that is just annoying). However, the race could have been stopped and the 2 car could have been put to the rear. (I think that's what they do @ Mountain, right Kerri?) That would have perhaps stopped the on track retaliation by Wayne, and maybe the pits scene wouldn't have been so bad. Now onto the Pits scene, I would like to thank Danny Turbush for pushing my son and soon to be son-in-law out of the line of fire. They were standing around talking to Danny about Wayne's truck when it happened. (They weren't there waiting to see what was going to happen.) Being a parent, I worry about my kids when I'm not around and I wonder how J.R would have felt if someone did such a completely dangerous and stupid thing near his little boy. Sorry to be so blunt, but it's a fact. The people in the pits are all someone's son, daughter, wife, mother, father, etc. Wayne Meyer has 4 kids, parents, a fiance, a sister and family whos lives would be shattered if something were to happen to him. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if something happened had to my son. FOCUS people. This just shows blatant disregard for people's lives and if nothing is done, then the Cromartys are just as responsible as J.R. I think J.R. owes a lot of people an apology, and he and Wayne need to settle this stupid "vendetta". As far as I'm concerned, this has to stop. Let's see if anyone stops it. The ball is in the Cromartys court now. As usual...JMO

allhailunc
08-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Which only means nothing will get done-JMO.

catfish
08-13-2007, 09:01 AM
I have to agree 100% with Allhailunc, the problem started years ago and should have been dealt with years ago, and since nothing was done, it has progressed to an all out free for all both on the track, and in the pits.

RT-01
08-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Did anyone watch the entire mod race or did all of you just get there to see the 2-15 car incident? If you did see the beginning of the race, you would have seen the 23 car have an exceptional start and a very good run on the outside, which made the 15 drive Justin to the wall off turn 2 like there was no car next to him. Next, you're talking about the officials [not making a call]. How about when Wayne started the next restart well before turn 3? It was so bad that Smokey threw a lazy green and Bob Finan announced that the yellow was going to come out. And did we see a yellow flag---NO? So right there the 2/15 incident would have been avoided if the right call would have been made. 15 TO THE REAR FOR JUMPING THE RESTART!!!!!! Now the 84 and 93 both spun off the track, so there should not have been a caution, enough said on that. OK, you could have clearly seen the 2 was faster then the 15, do we all agree----YES? Now how about the fact that the 2 was going under the 15 off turn 4 as the 15 tried to BLOCK the 2 on the bottom, got loose and was turned. That is what happened point blank. Otherwise your going to tell me the 2 just turned the 15 in the straight-yeah right, but because all of you hate JR so much, nobody sees the truth. And the 15 spun into the infield, so once again there should not have been a caution. Something does need to be done about the speeding in the pits, that is out of control. And just to clear it up-JR hit the OVAL SPEED TRUCK because he was AVOIDING hitting someone.
Justin good race. Those statements are ALL FACTS.

wayne
08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Other people believe JR was trying to run someone down! I DO NOT! He was either trying to land in Wayne's pit area or trying to get back to his own. When he came off the track, he had his foot in it, got sideways because of the flats he had and lost it. I didn't and won't comment on the track incident, as I did not see it. And that's what I saw because I was standing there, THOSE ARE THE FACTS.

p.s. No hate for JR, would of said the same thing if anyone else came flying into the pits the way he did.And if he was coming in the way anyone else does (when you have a flat)he would'nt have to avoid hitting someone.JMO

BIRDNUT
08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Seems to me you people see no wrong doing in Wayne's action. You act like he is a saint out there. Maybe you should watch Wayne a little closer, you might take his sainthood away. Lol

vsmidge68
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I neither love nor hate J.R. and/or Wayne. J.R. used to be the sweetest kid, always respectful to me and my family. However, I do feel that both drivers think because of who they are they can get away with some stuff that others can't. But it's like that everywhere. I just think something should be done before someone gets hurt.

scottyboy39
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Seems to me you people see no wrong doing in Wayne's action. You act like he is a saint out there. Maybe you should watch Wayne a little closer, you might take his sainthood away. Lol

lmao. Is he doing healings after the races now? I have seen him float out of his trailer after races. Sainthood haha.

Ka$h25
08-13-2007, 04:15 PM
BLOCKING- Thats exactly what lead to this. You can only block a faster car for so long. JR was clearly the faster car out there. You can all say the officiating isn't making the call on the JR, but they're also letting Wayne get away with a lot. As Rob said, Wayne jumped a restart bad!! A lot of people complain about JR jumping starts, but I don't think I've ever seen him take to the outside like Wayne tried Saturday night. Eddie Mistretta did a similar move in the BB a couple weeks ago and no caution, no stop of the race, they simply just scored him one spot back. At the next caution they put him that one spot back. Also as I said, retaliation is always intentional. You could debate what JR did as racing. If JR is going to get punished for his on track actions, I expect Wayne to get a bit more severe of a punishment.

As for in the pits, It's obvious something altered his decision. Say what you will about JR as a driver, but he is not gonna pick some random crew member as a sitting duck and aim to intentionally hurt the guy. It's a bit more logical that JR decided not to fly into the pit because of the people around. So what punishment can JR receive for his off the track actions? Speeding in the pits? I want to know if the guy that I'm seeing on new 12 over and over with John Denniston in a grapple hold is gonna have some kind of punishment?

I have to also ask; someone mentioned their son or sons standing by Wayne's truck in the line of fire. There is something I don't understand. If they were standing with Danny by Wayne's truck, and JR hit the parts truck, about 30-40 feet away, why was this of any hazard to them? Maybe I misread or misunderstood, or maybe it was even miswritten, but something didn't make sense.

wayne
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
30 feet isn't a whole lot when a modified is coming at you sideway's IN THE PITS! JR knows where he was going. If you didn't see it, don't comment on it. And if you would like to talk about it, come over to the 41 SPT pits and I will be happy to fill YOU or ANYONE ELSE in on it!!

The Bullfather
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Oval Speed trailer is only one stall away from Wayne's trailer with Bill Park in the middle.

modprincess8x
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
J.R. and Wayne have been going at it with each other for quite some time now so it really doesn't matter who did worse this week. Both of them need to be punished severely to hopefully end their crap before it gets worse and for an example to be set for everyone else. It really doesn't matter that Jim and Mike were thrown into this and that it is past officiating that got it this far, they are in charge of what goes on now and they are the ones that have to stop it or it will only get worse. All the divisions are getting out of control and blaming it on the past will not help, they need to step up and do something about it now, saying it will be better next year doesn't cut it. That's all I have to say on the subject, can't wait to hear the punishments or lack of.

W. J.
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Hmmm....punishments. There's a press release I/we'll be waiting for!

modified_fan
08-13-2007, 07:10 PM
There certainly are a huge array of vantage points here. We all have our perspectives.....our interests......our favorites......our adgendas....etc......etc.....etc....

I would think that the Cromarty's have so much to sift through and think about. Hell, the on track stuff between the 2 and 15 was great fun for the novice fan. Racing is an entertainment business. Why should the owners care how the race was run, so long as the track makes $'s?

OK....ok.... that would ignore that BS in the pits. Perhaps the owners would think, no harm......no foul. Perhaps not. I'm not in their shoes.

For the rest of us.....does anyone remember Los Angeles burning and Rodney King saying 'why can't we all get along'?

I don't know the answers. Frank Saladino had a tremendous essay on good racing a few weeks back. It could be one hell of a starting point.

In the meantime, we need to learn how to respect the other racing teams on and off the track. Or else.......soon enough there won't be other racing teams.

This is supposed to be fun.

RacerGirl21
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
I just think everyone needs to stop bashing JR. Both parties are guilty. JR would never intentionally try to hurt anyone.

cuzzzy59
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Racergirl, have you just graduated from psychology class with your degree? NO I DON'T THINK SO. Making comments that JR would not intentiionally try and hit somebody is an insult to our integrety as racers. In fact, not even JR or anyone of us can say what our actions would be. So please, if you were not in attendance in the pits, don't assume!!!!

LongIslandJam
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Racergirl was in the pits at that time I believe. What she said was merely her opinion and she's entitled to it. Let's keep it to the topic rather than to who's stating the comments.

Charlie's Angel
08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Who could say what anyone in that frame of mind would or would not intentionally do. Apparently he did crash into Dennis's truck. And if someone were to be standing there it could have had very different results. The week before we had our cooler in that exact spot and went over to it many times throughout the day and evening. In fact I even saw people sitting on my cooler a few times. Thank God that wasn't the case on Saturday when this happened. Intentional or otherwise, no one is responsible for the driving of the car but the driver. Only he can attest to his thoughts at the time. The whole thing is just a shame and I for one am very glad that it was only the rims and Den's truck that got damaged and Dennis himself wasn't injured.

Ka$h25
08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
It's getting comical how defensive everyone is getting. This issue is between the 2, the 15, their crews respectively, and the officials. The rest of us, whether we are family, friends, fans, competitors, or fellow drivers, can only discuss how we saw what happened. It doesn't matter if you had a front row view, heard from someone who did, or read about it on these forums. We all know what happened, and we will all have our opinions on who to blame, who was wrong, who was right, and who saw what. Lets sit back, discuss the facts, and respect the opinions of others, and see what happens OFFICIALLY.

W. J.
08-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I think that sums things up very nicely. We should all wait for any official ruling before we dissect this subject any further.

dynamite
08-13-2007, 10:34 PM
i was talking with wayne meyer about his truck problem when jr started coming down the ramp, he stepped on it and it started going sideways, it was a good burst, and he lost it because of flat, and he immeditaly slammed the brakes on and he slide into dennis truck, i went over there and he knew he did wrong as he got out and went to his pits, as his father came down and was really upset on just what he did.but there was a person that did jump out of the way thank god because he would have been pinned. he was'nt going after anybody at that time, just trying to get to his pit area to change tire,we've all been there as drs one time or another with flats as you step on it you go sideways, you feather it, you get to keep it in line and drive to your pit area. dan Turbush

racerwife
08-13-2007, 10:51 PM
REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE WAS AIMING FOR SOMEONE OR NOT.... THERE IS A SPEED LIMIT IN THE PITS FOR A VERY GOOD REASON. JR NEVER DOES IT, NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!!
If he was doing the proper speeds in the pit... this entire incident would NEVER have happened as he would not of "lost control" because of a flat tire.

And there is no excuse for that now is there!

The Bullfather
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Not to add but how many cars do the speed limit after pitting? I know they have there eyes for cars moving in the pits. Just competitive blood flowing to get back on the track. This not a complant, I see "most" cars moving slow to enter back on the track.

nflobster
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
if he hit the oval speed truck at a decent clip he didnt intend on pitting for a flat because you pit the modifieds at the very begining of the pits across from the tire guys where he grabbed a gear.:confused: dont blame wayne for the pit incident, he was not driving the car.

SuperShafts
08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Someone said the truck moved ? ! just a little....barely

W. J.
08-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Still waiting to hear of any penalties associated with this. Interesting how quiet it has been so far.

Explain It!
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
First of all, the crew chiefs wife is on this board portraying herself as a victim. That is not the picture I got from where I watched the whole thing go on. Danielle was holding her father back from getting into a fight with members of the 15 crew, mostly the crew chief himself. Laurie Lechner came from the stand, and pushed her way through the crowd, and smacked Danielle across the face with her clipboard. There was no kick from Danielle, it was all Laurie’s doing. After she smacked her across the face, she walked away and stood besides the race car and screamed obscenities at all of the people involved in the altercation. So stop making it out as if you are an innocent bystander, caught up in the heat of the moment. So woman up for your mistakes and take your punishment. If you do not get suspended for this rule infraction, then the officials and the Cromarty’s have lost their mind. You deserve some time away to rethink your actions.

Okay, we are all going back and forth about the 2/15 mess, but what about the 84/93 on the track and the females in the pit stands going at it? What is going to happen to them? This is the 2nd time that I have seen Sal run over another car and get away with it.

SuperShafts
08-15-2007, 06:19 PM
:o :shocked

Richie
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
You all are gonna make me spend money Saturday night.

vsmidge68
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Whoa what was all that about? Women in the pit stands fighting??? P.S. Frank said he'll buy you a burger Richie.....Spend the $$$$$....he'll make it worth your while...lol

LongIslandJam
08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I think this is getting a bit too involved in the pits, and a bit personal. Lets keep it to the topic of the racing and racers at hand, and then if we can't do that, this thread will be closed.

Ka$h25
08-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Maybe Vince McMahon would be interested in buying the track.:lol:

I see a big problem in Riverhead being that majority of the fights aren't driver vs driver. It's wives, families, crew members, etc. I'm not sure on the ruling, but I sure hope the drivers are held accountable in some way of those acquaintances.

I hope this is close enough to the subject of racing. :angel:

W. J.
08-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Drivers are responsible for the behavior of those who sign into the pits as part of their group, be they family or crew members.

LongIslandJam
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Ok 6 pages later, and I think all the sides have been presented. Sides within, sides on the outside, and various view points. When we get word of penalties, we'll let you guys know.

But for the time being, we'll close the thread as we feel everything that needed to be said (and then some) has been.

W. J.
08-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Okay, here it is from information I've been able to gather from various places.

JR fined $500 and suspended one week (Nascar Penalty)
Wayne fined $200 (Track Penalty)
Sal Accardi placed on probation for remainder of the season

Since this thread is officially closed, there should be no need for further comment on this, because as JA has stated, every opinion possible has been raised.