PDA

View Full Version : 13 Cautions at Stafford. hmmm

Teds Race Tours
08-12-2007, 01:15 AM
13 Cautions for 73 Laps of caution out of 150. That means 77 green flag laps, so each green flag run averaged 6 laps. Was this the fault of the Flash Format too?

Jaws
08-12-2007, 02:49 AM
It didn't seem like 13,the racing was very good when green. Oh and don't forget the 2 reds.

It was a long race but there was lots of passing through out the field.

There was more oil on the track than I have seen in a long time. All that speedy dry could not have helped. It killed the second grove in 1 and 2 early. The one pice of equipment Stafford needs is a sweeper, just blowing that stuff off does not clean it like a sweeper.

A lot of beat up cars running at the end, bumpers, sheet metal, toe in , toe out, looked like a Riverhead race. The 8 of Glen Tyler was about the worst, front clip for sure, the right side headers were pancaked.

TC really earned this one, skip in the motor during time trials, slipping clutch during the race which was killing his restarts plus he passed a lot of cars. I heard Ed Whelan is investing in a bee farm after tonight! lol

All in all worth the 2 1/2 hour ride each way.
Jaws

Goldy
08-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm hot and cold on this race - a picture perfect race day and I suppose I applaud "Crashford" Motor Speedway for not running heat races - although with an entire Sat availible to them, I'm not sure why they couldn't have squeezed them in earlier in the day?

Jaws - I think there were 3 reds (but whos counting?) - I was actually begging that they throw the last one about 4-5 laps prior so there would be more green flag laps at the end (and a double file restart, but no) - 13 yellows for 73 laps of caution is really, really bad no matter how you slice it. Not counting the first 25 laps of caution might be nice..

The racing was the best I've seen at Stafford in quite some time - some very interisting restarts and some quality slicing and dicing esp. in turns 3 and 4.

Great run by the 09 - Lia looked good but he might have run out of patience or tires.. The 2, 16, 77 and 4 all looked like contenders till the very end. TC and Todd raced real hard, clean and Ted deserved the win - congrats to the 36 team. Nice to see Woody have a good run in the 79 - that 3 wide move in 3 cost him a much better finish than he had (10th)..

Side note - I think Woody is one of the best things to come out of the Northeast in many moons - (along with Lagano, Santos III) - but kudos to Stafford for giving him the black flag in the Late Model feature - can't be gaining positions like that young man..

On to Thompson where you can be certain I won't be making last minute, bone headed edits to my pick 5 - like (Reggie to win in place of Stefanik)... son of a...

Goldy

RGeeProductions
08-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey Chris, don't feel bad.
Last minute I took out Szegedy for 2nd and put Blewett III.
STUPID ME.....

MandyB
08-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Jaws - I think there were 3 reds (but whos counting?)

I only remember two of the three reds. There was one where oil or something was all over one and two, and then another one was for the #8 after he hit the backstretch wall. When was the third? Or am I thinking that there was a third along with you?

Oh, man... Obviously Saturdays are not easy to remember than the usual trip on a Friday. *shakes head in confusion*

CTC Photos
08-12-2007, 03:41 PM
13 Cautions for 73 Laps of caution out of 150. That means 77 green flag laps, so each green flag run averaged 6 laps. Was this the fault of the Flash Format too?

Nearly half the race under caution and time trial qualifying to boot....WOW y'all got your moneys worth on that one.

CTScribe
08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
the first red came out on lap 47 for 4 minutes then on 135 and lap 141

ThE sHaDoW
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Jaws - I think there were 3 reds (but whos counting?) - I was actually begging that they throw the last one about 4-5 laps prior so there would be more green flag laps at the end (and a double file restart, but no) - 13 yellows for 73 laps of caution is really, really bad no matter how you slice it. Not counting the first 25 laps of caution might be nice..

Goldy

Single file restarts after 10 to go.

I only remember two of the three reds. There was one where oil or something was all over one and two, and then another one was for the #8 after he hit the backstretch wall. When was the third? Or am I thinking that there was a third along with you?

Third was for the #5 I think when he got into the backstretch wall.

Goldy
08-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Shadow - I know it's single file with 10 to go man - that was my point - had they thrown the red a few laps before or immediately due to the potential for injury, they could have doubled up and given the "fans" one last quality restart.

Teds Race Tours
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I have relatives in Kentucky. Once, about 30 years ago, we could have gone to a Speedway in Florence, but no, we had to go on a riverboat. I regret to this day not making more of an 11 yr old stance on this matter.

CTC Photos
08-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I have relatives in Kentucky. Once, about 30 years ago, we could have gone to a Speedway in Florence, but no, we had to go on a riverboat. I regret to this day not making more of an 11 yr old stance on this matter.

If you get down there again do yourself a favor and check out Florence Speedway, it was my first trip there and will definitely fit it into the scedule again.
The riverboat is fun too though...probably more so as an adult.

Teds Race Tours
08-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I think it was a 1/4 mile track back then. Not even sure if its the same track, but i believe the Trucks ran there in the mid/late 90's, and it looked like a nice place.

And the Riverboat was fun, just not as much fun as racing. It was the Belle of Louisville. My mom took me to the Football Hall of Fame of the was home, so i guess I can't complain.

zoomcat
08-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Nearly half the race under caution and time trial qualifying to boot....WOW y'all got your moneys worth on that one.

Yes we did get our moneys worth, I will agree that there were too many caution laps but most of the green flag laps were action packed and featured some great racing.