PDA

View Full Version : Stafford Dodge Dealers 150

Jaws
08-12-2007, 10:25 AM
For Howie and Mary! (And Tbax who could not be there)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44231760@N00/sets/72157601393371473/

Jaws

Howie
08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Good job Jaws!! Glad we got to talk in victory lane!! ;) Thanks for sharing.

ThE sHaDoW
08-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice getting a chance to chat with you again. Glad you enjoyed the outcome of the race :)

Jaws
08-15-2007, 12:01 PM
It was a lot of fun Sat. hanging out in the pits, taking pictures. It has been a couple of years since I went to a race(That was not rained out!) wthout the kids.

I have 391 pictures from Saturdays race.

If anyone wants a picture of their car(I have them all) send me a note and I will e-mail them to you.

Teds Race Tours
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks Jaws. I would like a picture of my car, Ted.

Howie
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Incase Jaws missed it, how's this one? The driver was heard on the scanner saying "It is pushing like a bus".

Teds Race Tours
08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry, ours buses don't push, Mr Hodge.

ThE sHaDoW
08-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry, ours buses don't push, Mr Hodge.

Right, they suffer under steer.

Teds Race Tours
08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
No, we get our Coaches right from Prevost. They are the Raceworks of Motorcoaches. If ever there is an International Motorcoach Tour, we will prove it on the track. Until then, we'll just prove it on the way to the track. :)

LongIslandJam
08-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Why don't you take one of the buses for the One-on-One Spectator Drags at Riverhead? :)

Teds Race Tours
08-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I actually thought about it when they had the 2 Tow Trucks Race Each Other. We have a mini that would be perfect, but i don't think the Owner would go for it.

LongIslandJam
08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
The owner doesn't have to know.:angel: LOL

art11758
08-16-2007, 10:52 AM
The owner doesn't have to know.:angel: LOL
Permit me to relate to you a story similar to what you are thinking here. During the Suffolk County Fair at Islip Speedway, maybe 1979 or so a fellow entered his wife's really nice looking mid 60's Mustang in the "run what ya brung" event. After a meeting with the backstretch wall he was heard to have said "..I told her I was going to the store for a loaf of bread ". History isn't usually a bad teacher if you know what I'm sayin' here.

Axel
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I will bet there are more than a few of moms and dads cars used for the spectator drags.

Looks like fun!

I wont rest easy tho till I see a big green bus out there.

Jaws
08-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Gee Ted, thanks for hijacking my thread with all this sillyness.

I will have to find my best big green bus picture and post it.

Teds Race Tours
08-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Jaws.
Read my post. I don't want a picture of a Hampton Jitney Bus. I want a picture of MY CAR as you offered. Thanks, TBax

LongIslandJam
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey, and he probably told his wife that it was on his way to pick up a loaf of bread.

Think of a creative story for your employer Ted. I know you can be creative.

We want to race the green bus!:applause:

Teds Race Tours
08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Ok, J.A. Hows this?

Dear Geoff Lynch. President Hampton Jitney

I am writing you this letter from all the way in Wilkes Barre, Pa. The reason for this is because you have a tendency to yell really loud, and I (Probably) won't be able to hear you from here.

Do you remember that little errand we ran with bus 100 to Riverhead? Yes, I told you it was Hampton Jitney Night at the Races, and we needed a Bus to show off at the Raceway. We'll, that wasn't entirely true. I had "Too Fast Tommy" race it in the "run what you brung" Races. Ok Geoff,Calm Down. Stop yelling. Ya see, it was sort of a Promotional tool, and it was going great until The Bus hit turn 1. Well, I don't mean hit turn 1, I mean hit the turn 1 wall, but the damage was minimal. Geoff, calm Down!!!!! Your Blood pressure medication is in your pocket.

Well, Tommy still had the bus in gear, and he drove to turn 2, and well, the toilet fell out right where I was standing in turn 2. P-U it stunk. Stephen Halpin is gonna send you a dry cleaning bill. We should have cleaned the toilet before we raced it. Oh, I mean we shouldn't have raced it. Anyways, when the toilet fell off, Tommy Realized the bus was much lighter, and started to handle well. He made up some ground down the back stretch. He was racing J.A. in his convertable, so he had a fighting chance. Anyways, when he got to turn 3, the right front tire fell off, and he kinda took out the turn 3 pit wall. People are PO'd cuz the races had to be cancelled. They kinda stormed the track and set bus 100 ablaze. The Marshmellows were awesome. I hope the insurance is going to cover this.
Sincerly, your ex employee, Ted

LongIslandJam
08-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey Ted,

I don't think honesty is the best policy with your boss, but at least you have your resignation letter in store. And also it made for some great reading!:applause: :lol: