PDA

View Full Version : Bad calls all night

bulldozer
08-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Tonight is the first night I ever saw so many bad calls in one division. First call; the restarts being yellow flagged twice. The 96 never jumped the start, the 30 never took off. The 96 was the leader, he starts the race, then he gets thrown to the back. Bad call. Next, Chris M 89 goes three wide, the 47 gets loose, and gets tapped, and they throw him to the rear for going three wide. I never heard of that call. Bad call. The 23 Tom is driving around and starts to go double file because Smokey is crossing us up and he gets thrown to the back for not going single file. What's going on with these calls? The worst call of the night, I think. You got shafted Tom. Bad call. I get a flat, come out of pits and Tom a waves me ahead of him, and only him, and the 47 are behind me. I beat the 47 out of the pits, so I was supposed to be ahead of him, and after the next restart, they throw me back 3 spots for starting ahead of the 23, who waved me by. I started 12th, instead of 13th, and there was only 14 cars on the track. Who is making these awful calls? That really cost me, because I ended up getting into a late race accident going for 5th. Thanks Officals. When I questioned them later, and it finally sinks into their head I was right, they say we can't do anything about it now. Why not, we made a mistake we're not perfect. I would've said thanks for listening to me and it's ok, everyone makes mistakes, because I know I'm not perfect on the track either. Maybe we should get a racer like Frank Saladino helping make more calls up there, he seems to have a lot of knowledge about racing, and seems to be very fair. He knows when it's a racing incident or on purpose. Not saying the officials are doing a bad job or anything,I really like mike and jim, I think they just had a bad night. They want to have a meeting with us; I think we want to have a meeting with them. 81

LongIslandJam
08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Chris,

With red flags, as been permitted throughout this year and years recent, you are allowed to work on your car.

bulldozer
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Didn't know that, thanks for the information. I was wrong on that. That's all I wanted the officials to say, lol.

RacinRob
08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Glad you touched on the 96 subject Chris. Frankie was unfairly put to the back because of a car sleeping on the outside. I think that IF he did jump, they should've had one of the flag men or the stewards warn him personally. He is the leader, he sets the pace, and he did the right thing. And as for the rough riding...give me a break...Chris is a great driver, but he was black flagged once already earlier on in the night, and he was a little rough on Frankie, but you get pushed around once and you'll get pushed around twice, three times. You have to make a statement, and he did it the right way, he didn't wreck anybody...harmless. I'm not bashing Chris in the 89 in any way, shape, or form, great guy and great driver... just stating my opinion.

JBonsignore
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Funny how the 96 was sent to the back for jumping, but I recall the 2nd restart in the mod race, the 15 did the same thing. Where's the consistancy with that?

RacinRob
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
The only thing consistent in the inconsistencies!