PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Riverhead Raceway

Sweet Pea 33
08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
I just wanted to say congrats to Riverhead Raceway for being on Channel 12 News!! Not only did Long Island Viewers see the wonderful sport of racing, that we've all come to love, but the wonderful firework show in the pits. I guess the stands will be packed next week. Oh, and if you are wondering, it was aired tonight and like news 12 always does, it will repeat, repeat and repeat. Spectators should come to see the fun of racing and not the fighting. Is this at all a family sport anymore or even a fun family night.....I THINK NOT! Something needs to be done. This is not a bashing of any sort I am just disgusted that Riverhead Raceway is the only local track out there and WE are giving it a bad rep., not only to the fans that are here every week, but now to the people who sit at home eating bon bons! :disgusted

modified_fan
08-12-2007, 09:26 PM
As a business person, I have to disagree.

I saw the 60 second clip at the end of News 12's sports coverage. From a promotional point of view it was a great piece for the track. I can see lil kids saying 'WOW....can we go there next week mom and dad?' after watching it.

It had it all......racing (YES!!!)......wrecking (gee....thanks Sal.....~W~) and wrestling (heck......you'd almost think the Cromarty's paid young Denniston to instigate in the 15's pits to get that wrestling footage on camera).

Chris Young did a great job explaining how to race, and explaining away the 2 - 15 sideshow. Way to go cousin!

As embarrasing as it might seem to the racing community, all in all, I think we owe thanks to Laurie Lechner to get News 12 involved. We truly need more and not less coverage.

Or else racing will disappear sooner than later on LI.

randomrodder
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I hate to say it but, it works for NASCAR. Fine the drivers/crew chiefs/owners, or suspend them and then use the detrimentral stuff to promote the excitement of NASCAR racing. Go figure.

Teds Race Tours
08-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought, all in all, it was actually a good promotional piece for the track. The footage they did show of the fight looked no worse than Harvick/Montoya did in the Cup race. A little shoving/wresting match. Its almost like the track got to choose what footage was shown. Does News 12 need School Buses?:)

W. J.
08-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Does News 12 need School Buses?:)

Best statement yet, LOL!!!

unowho243
08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
I saw it myself and I have to disagree. I thought it was great for the track!

Ka$h25
08-13-2007, 02:35 AM
The only bad media coverage, is no media coverage.

LongIslandJam
08-13-2007, 07:09 AM
You said it Ka$h25,

And plus showing how much action is at the track, on and off, in a subdued manner, equals free advertising all day long on News12. Good work!!!

The more fans we pack in the stands, the better the chance that next year, we'll have more cars and more sponsors...

rabbid1
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Anyone have the clip ?

W. J.
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Anyone have the clip ?
I think you'll have to see it on News12, if you have cable, that is.

JBonsignore
08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
I've already had a 60 year old woman at therapy ask me about the video clip and why they were fighting! Should do like down South, fight on the track you get $100, fight in the pits your fined $100.... pack the house then! :disgusted

LongIslandJam
08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey why not do this,

Have the two take their cars out for a one-on-one grudge match Demo Derby. I heard they've done this in the past at Riverhead and/or other tracks.

And plus, if anyone wants to fight, let's get a wrestling ring and some of those fake sumo suits and let them at it. We can take bets in the stands.

Now that's entertainment!:lol: :p :applause:

The Bullfather
08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Grudge math like Jimmy Spencer and Richie Evans...one on one!

intense1
08-13-2007, 05:22 PM
now your thinking like a promoter...J.A.:wave:

racerwife
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Did anyone see Monday night News12 sports commentary on Riverhead... school bus demolition derby and blindfolded taxi cabs... and I didn't quite think they made a very nice reference to the "extra show" attractions.... even the News12 Anchor, Trish Bergin, I think it was, wanted to know what that has to do with racing... made an honest, but not so nice comment and moved on.
Seems there is more to come from the additional footage they taped on Saturday.
Stay tuned...

Teds Race Tours
08-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I say we put them in Juan Pablo Montoya and Kevin Harvick Hans Device and Helmets, and have them Man Up one on one vs each other at the Center Stage of The X. You've had the Thrilla in Manilla. This could be "From the Wrecks to the X" News 12 Could run a big Promo on it. Charge $50 to get in, and PACK THE TRACK. Oh, and have a BlindFold Taxi Cab race the Same Night. I like those.

rabbid1
08-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Answer to my own question, channel 612, News 12 interactive. Go to archive, then you can fast forward to sports. Nice coverage. Should be a real boost for the track. They will be there this week too, and hopefully every week. It will be good for News 12, too. Now I have a reason to watch.

SuperShafts
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Ah see now i don't feel bad about getting Mike's attention for RR, that wasn't bad at all.....however though there is more racing then modifieds only

LongIslandJam
08-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Anybody know where to go on www.news12.com for the clip? I have a view people asking...

khallock
08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Channel 612, News 12 interactive. Follow the instructions on tv screen, press select on remote, choose your options "news", then press select again, brings you to main menu, scroll down to archives by using your arrow keys on your remote, then press select again, then scroll down to the date you want, August 12th. For the Riverhead Raceway clip, wait until it starts playing and fast forward to the sports reports..... I spoke to Jamie yesterday, and they have another clip and it will be played this Thursday at 5:50 and 6:50 pm.

khallock
08-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Also News 12 will be back this Saturday Night. Maybe the track can get some better exposure than last Saturday night.

Richie
08-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't get www.news12.com on my TV

rabbid1
08-16-2007, 12:07 AM
on your IO box its channel 612 , You cant see the clip on your computer as far as I know