PDA

View Full Version : Come to Wall Twsp Speedway to cheer us on

4speed
08-14-2007, 08:37 AM
With a month between each NEETS race, what are yall doing?

Vern Mclaughlin III and Richard Petey are the hottest team in the division right now with a total of 6 wins, with Vern leading the points and Petey fightin for 2nd.
Mclaughlin Motorsports is looking forward to finishing out the season one-two

Petey has shown a lot of support for NEETS
It would be great if some NEETS people could come down to Wall to show us some support.
Craig, Howie, Cindy, Joe, Erin have been there - THANK YOU

Log onto www.mclaughlinmotorsports.net for a chance to win FREE tickets to Wall Twsp Speedway, then come on down and cheer us on.

If you have never been to Wall, you dont know what your missing. The Factory Stock race will keep you on the edge of your seat for sure.

Erin C
08-14-2007, 09:30 AM
You're right, Vern...the factory stocks are AMAZING, and what a turn out. I have never seen so many people STAY in the stands after the mods to watch and cheer on a FS class. I also can't believe how many regular drivers are in this division, getting 26-30 cars every race is awesome!

Great show, always!

tstiles
08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
can neets get a show at wall??

Erin C
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Been there, tried that...haha...

Some tracks just don't want enduros, don't know why...but that's how it is. The new owners are just not interested in enduros.

Hey Terry,
If you want to email me I'll give you the short story of how I know this ;)

tstiles
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
why not just call them something else then. gut and goes are one thing but the trux are a real show. i think it just comes down to the tech area. their safty rules are way out of hand. am i wrong?

NJ Chick
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
They kind of already have an enduro class...it's called Factory Stocks!:p Plus, if NEETS were ever to get a show there, we certainly would need more than 13 cars to show up to make it worth their while to even host it. It would be NEETS rules of course, but you would still have to abide by NJ state laws which includes Nomex undies just as one example.

Watching the factory stocks race and especially seeing the McLaughlin Motorsports Team cut through the pack is pretty exciting. If you get the chance on a Saturday night to take a trip down the Jersey Shore, it's definitely worth it. Plus, after the racing is over, it's only another hour to Atlantic City...:applause::drool:

EnduroFromDE
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I've been to Wall plenty of times. My first time I went there was for the NEETS enduro in 2003 or 2004, I forget witch one. I all but fell in love with Wall and Enduro Racing from there on. Wall Stadium is a good 1 1/2 hours from my home in Delaware, but I still try to make it there two to three times a year. I only go when there are trucks, street stocks and Factory Stocks there. The Factory Stocks put on the best show there, well besides Reeds vs. Blewett feuds in the Mods class. :rolleyes: I also try making it to some of the Enduros at Mahoning too. I've only made the one this year, but still hoping to get another Enduro car. It's tough, because I don't have the room with me running the 4cyl stocks over at Bridgeport. I'm only working out of my driveway, and there are already four cars there, not including the Pinto. Anyway, good luck to all ya next race, and good luck to Vern and Petey on the rest of the Wall season, hope you do finish 1-2, are maybe even tie!!!
As far as NEETS running there again, it would be great. It would have to be in the off season, maybe in Feb. or Oct. Make sure Riverhead, Mountain, and Big Diamond do not have races that week. Advertise like crazy and maybe get some extra prize purse up for grabs. Most of the drivers with cars run local racing somewhere, and already have some fire retardent "undies", so that should not be a problem. Enduros require neck brace, too. That will be great to see, but like Erin said, It's probably NOT going to happen any time soon!!!

CJfilms
08-15-2007, 04:01 PM
No to pop any bubbles....but...

I tried to advertise (just hand out flyers) NEETS at Wall and with a simple phone call was practically told neither myself nor my series was welcome there.

Petey was right telling me that I should not have called and just paid to get in, but another downfall, don't forget you need a Nascar license to get in the pits...$75 a head.

Even if we were to have an enduro there, the price to race would be way out of proportion....

$25/35 to get into the pits
$75 for the Nascar license to get IN PITS, not just racers
$50 to register
Transponder rental fee...I don't know what it is...
= roughly $150 just to race....

A little too much to ask for, coming from a series that promotes "Cheap and Affordable".

So, even if things were to smooth over and we got a show at the Wall....it would be a bit on the costly side....:*-(

4speed
08-18-2007, 07:39 AM
You do not need a NASCAR license to enter the pits at Wall. If you tell them you are with a Factory Stock team or a Legends Team you do not need NASCAR license. Whoever told you about NASCAR, they are wrong. $30.00 to enter pits - $25.00 for temp license, good for 1 night - $75.00 for license good all year.

Better off paying $75.00 to be good for all year.

4speed
08-18-2007, 07:44 AM
There is no transponder fee because they have no transponders to rent. You must have your own. The fact that Mahoning Valley still charges you even if you have your own transponder stinks.

$30 - pit entry
$50 - car entry
$0 - transponder rental
$80.00

It's $10.00 cheaper than Mahoning without the transponder rental.

No matter who, no matter what, everyone entering the pits must have a Wall license so that you are covered under their insurance.