PDA

View Full Version : John Blewett III

Mortgage Guy
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Just read on the MSS forum that he was fatally killed tonight at Thompson Speedway, my thoughts and prayers go out to the whole Blewett family, he will be truly missed. How sadly ironic that he passes at the same race almost to the date that we lost the Tiger, what a shame.

bulldozer
08-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I just got the same word from a crew member of Jimmy B. He did pass away. Deepest sympathy to the Blewett family. He will be missed. TURBUSH FAMILY.

randomrodder
08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
The Blewetts are in our prayers as he joins the ranks of so many of the greats that preceeded him.

RGeeProductions
08-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Please, can we not speculate and wait till an official word is sent.

Turbo
08-16-2007, 11:37 PM
I just got word from Freddie Kraft in Thompson. John died in the hospital.

My prayers goes out to the Blewett family, he went WAAAAAAAAAy to soon and will be missed!! :*-(

RacinRob
08-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Such a tragedy...a racers racer is gone to young...rip john blewett:*-(

RickFigure8
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I just spoke to Tommy on the phone and it is true. Very very sad. My condolences go out the Johns family.

Rick Swanson

modprincess8x
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett family. John will be missed!

KER Motorsports
8x modified

JBonsignore
08-16-2007, 11:55 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Blewett family and everyone involved with the TS team and 66 team...

Justin Bonsignore

Jaws
08-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the the Blewett family and friends.

ReptarRacing
08-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett Family, Team 66 and the TS Haulers Team 12.
The Czulada Family

phantomlord
08-17-2007, 12:36 AM
All Of My Condolences Go Out To The Blewett Family. I Knew John Since He Was A Young Boy. He Sat In The Stands
With Me Watching His Father Race. He Was A Great Driver.

unowho243
08-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Here's the full story a friend of mine from Thompson sent me. My deepest condolences go out to the family.:(

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-thompson0817.artaug17,0,6811231.story

j-rod
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Condolences to the Blewett family. R.I.P. J.B.3.

-young guns/capazzola motorsports-

W. J.
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
What a tragic and sad turn of events. My condolences to the Blewett family on the loss of John. We should all keep Jimmy in our thoughts and prayers, too.

John was truly a dedicated racer, a talented racer, and a driver who will be missed, but remembered for his hard charging style that entertained so many of us during his all too short career.

Thank you, J. B. III, for all the great racing memories. May you rest in peace.

vsmidge68
08-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Our thoughts and condolences got out to the Blewett family. So sorry for your terrible loss.

OC Racing

BernerMotorsprt
08-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett family.
from Modified # 6 team

ChargerFan
08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jimmy and the entire Blewett family.

Warren & Becky Collins

attituderacing
08-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Blewett family
The Solomito Family

luvmods
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Our sincere thoughts and heartfelt prayers are with the entire Blewett family. Rest in Peace John.
Kenny and Laurie Lechner
#15 Modified

turn1cowboy
08-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Blewett family. RIP Johnny

chealy7296
08-17-2007, 08:45 AM
God Bless the entire Blewett family and the entire TS Hauler's team. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

Christine and Mike

CIN
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family and friends. This is a terrible loss.

ECT-Outlaw
08-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Our sincere thoughts and Prayers to the Blewett Family... John will be Missed

R.I.P
John Blewett

*rAcIn CuTiE*
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett family.

RIP JB III:*-(

TheVinylAnswer
08-17-2007, 09:37 AM
:*-( :*-( :*-(

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Blewett family at this very tough time..

My first memories of going to Islip Speedway involve John, when I was about 6 or so.. I was one of the kid's in the little group that played around under the stands, when I was able to go.. I remember we used to stop playing to go watch the modifieds, to watch his dad race.. I never knew him personally later in life, but always followed his career.

He will be missed. I pray for his family..

Condolences to the Blewett family on behalf of myself and my husband Paul, the Tillotson family, and the Kovarik family..

hollywoodmic
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Just a sad sad day. My condolences go out to John and his family. I feel so bad for Jimmy, his brother was his idol. It's just such a shame to loose such a great person at such a young age. I guess the racing Gods were looking for another young gun. God speed to the Blewetts.

Stephen Halpin

leah28racing
08-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Our prayers go out to the Blewett family,sincerely the Maynor 28 fig 8 racing team.

Rubbin&Racin
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
:( This is so sad, so sad and what a loss. Andy and I send our deepest condolences to all, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Andy & Jo-
LM #84

Bullet09
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Our deepest condolences go out to the Blewett family, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
The Barnes Family

Fkraft99
08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone that has called since last night to offer help or just some kind words. Like Steve Halpin told me, now is when you see how tight this racing family really is, and he couldnt be more correct.

John truly was one of the best. My first win as a Spotter on the Mod Tour came last year with John behind the wheel. He gave me countless pointers to make me better at what I do, and is one of the main reasons why Jimmy and we at TS are as successful as we have been this year. There are no right words to say at a time like this. Just have to keep the family in your prayers and help them get through all of this.

Once again THANK YOU to everyone that has called, it truly means a lot...

Rest In Peace JB3... Gone Way To Soon.

outlawfab
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
This is a very sad day. The racing world lost a true racer, still very much in his prime.. He made quite an impact in all his years racing.. He will be dearly missed, but never forgotten..

Prayers and condolences go out to the entire Blewett family, to the friends, and to the crew members of John and Jimmy..

You will all be in our thoughts.. If anything at all is needed, please do not hesitate to call..

The Brigati Family

D & K
08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Blewett Family

Ken & Denise Darch
03 Mod

Tracy87BB
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Jimmy and the entire Blewett family, as well as the countless others who were touched by John. He was taken far too soon, but will not be forgotten.

The Chirico Family
Chris, Tracy and Bryan

Duke22
08-17-2007, 11:31 AM
God bless the Blewett family.

CRog00
08-17-2007, 11:37 AM
From me and the rest of the Rogers family, we send our thoughts and prayers out with the Blewett family.

RIP John Blewett III

debbie33
08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
There are not enough words to express the sadness that the Blewett Family, racing family and racing fans are feeling right now. To Crystal, Jimmy, the whole Blewett family and all of his crew and fans I am so sorry for your loss!! All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!! God speed John you are gone to quick!! :angel:

mare
08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I learned of John's passing around 6:30 this morning.
My heart, my thoughts & prayers and condolences go out to the entire Blewett family (Jimmy, especially - may God comfort you), his friends, crew members, fellow competitors and fans.
God Bless you all.
Mare Sestilli
Recording Secretary
New England Antique Racers

Scotty Wolf
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
What a shame, God Bless.

Jimmy Strup
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I wish I could reach out right now and give John Jr. and John Sr a big hug. I'm with all of you. Please lets all say a prayer for Jimmy also. He will need all of our support. John left us doing what he would have wanted. Racing his brother side by side. I first met the Blewetts in the mid 70's, as John's mother used to sit in front of us at Wall when John was a baby, and I was about 13. The Blewetts have always been real nice to me and this has touched me deeply. God bless the entire family. The Strup family is with you today.:*-( :*-(
God Speed John and the Blewett family

TMAC
08-17-2007, 01:19 PM
My sincere condolences go out to the Blewett family. A great friend of mine who passed had a nice quote on his funeral card. "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die" Amen. God Speed John Blewett III, YOU will be missed...

scottyboy39
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Rest in peace John. You will be missed by all and never forgotten every time the green flag falls at every track you raced at and for every fan you stopped and talked to or signed an autograph for. Thanks for the memories.

John Cozza
08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of John Blewett's family and friends, and especially with Jimmy. May you rest in peace John.

God Bless,
The Cozza Race Team
John, Janet, and Emily

AJ17x55
08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
R.I.P. J.B. 3.. Can't replace a driver like him..

Dwight Clock
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
My heart goes out to the entire Blewett family. May God give them the courage and strength to get through this most difficult of times. And may John Blewett III rest in peace.

racerwife
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
We are at a loss to express our feelings at this difficult time. The family of John III, Jimmy, family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers. We have lost a truly remarkable person. GOD SPEED JOHN.

Paul, Karen & Michael Specht
fig8 # 63 race team

modified_fan
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Such a sad, sad happening.....

Sincere condolences to the Blewett family. My fondest memory of him is of one happy guy at the bar/restaurant after the '05 N/S shootout he won. A man who loved what he did......

rydogg97
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
On behalf of my family, to the Blewett family,I would like to extend my condolences and prayers! :*-(

Hollywood
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Click here: This sums it up.. nice job all!

http://www.modseriesscene.com/

W. J.
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks Hollywood, that's very good indeed. All the info anyone could want or need is on that link.

maestri fan 1
08-17-2007, 05:48 PM
On behalf of everyone at BSG Motorsports we would like to send all of our regards and prayers to the Blewett family at this devistating time.

Ace
08-17-2007, 06:00 PM
My sincere condolences to the Blewett family.

Sweet Pea 33
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Our hearts and prayers are with the Blewett Family and the TS crew.

Scott & Jen Setek

mazz627
08-17-2007, 06:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the Blewett family. May you rest in peace John Blewett III.

bulldozer
08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
My heart just goes out to Jimmy. I cant but think about the accident and not cry myself. I can't imagine that being my brother in that car. I know if there was a place I would like God to take me away it would be on the track, too. Doing something I love so much. Jimmy is my friend and I just remember him running Riverhead 2 years ago and him calling his brother John on the phone to see how he did at Wall. He said to me he won again with that big smile and glisten in his eyes. That so proud look. He says to me John is my best friend, I love that guy. You dont hear that often. Brothers saying they love each other and saying he is my best friend. That image is what I think about when I think of Jimmy. The loving, proud brother. I hope he can take John with him in his heart and keep him alive always. I Hope the Blewett family can keep John alive in their hearts always. He was more than a race car driver, he was a great son, brother, and father. Chris Turbush

good2go1963
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I met the Blewett family many years ago when I spent a season and a half with a team at Flemington and will never forget what a wonderful team they were. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Special prayers for Jimmy. John will truly be missed. Heaven has another class act driver to add to it's race team :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-(

Wheel Racing
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
This is probably the hardest post I've ever made on the JAM. I got a call from the track with the news and my heart sank. The first thing I did was call Freddie for confirmation and just couldn't believe it. I was away on business in Boston and the the TV news had a report about the accident that truly made me have to believe it was true. I went from disbelief to anger and now just denial. I used to hang out with JB III at Islip Speedway when our fathers were racing. We were just little track rats running around terrorizing the place. From that time on, I always seemed to find him at any track went to, whether it was Wall, Riverhead, New Egypt, Flemington, etc, we just always had a good time. We even sat together a few times last year watching Jimmy run Riverhead when John had to sit out for a while with his illness. We were laughing about how I probably had more Blewett shirts than he did.

Even through the heart of his career, when he dominated Flemington Modifieds, either in his own cars or the Barney #14 and also the Late Models, winning everything there was to win, I always found myself checking the racing papers as soon as I got them to see where John finished. I have so many more memories of John, running a Dirt Modified at East Windsor on Wednesday nights, to running the Craftsman truck race at Flemington (and relieving Billy Pauch in his truck), to the show he put on in Atlantic City this year in the indoor midget race.

NO matter where he was racing, or what level he was at, he never forgot his friends. I remember the night at Flemington when he ran the Late Models (great story), won the Modified feature and raced the Craftsmen Truck race all in the same day. I hadn't seen him in about 2 years, but as soon as I walked up to the trailer, he interrupted the interview he was doing and gave me a big welcome. That's the kind of stuff I will always remember. There are many words to express my emotion right now, but DEVASTATED is probably the best. I didn't just lose a friend or a great racecar driver, I just lost one of my heroes. I remember John telling me a few years back that Jimmy was going to be an amazing driver once he was old enough, because he was so competitive in everything they did, especially racing slot cars, and that he couldn't wait to race him. He was really proud of Jimmy and they had a great brotherly bond. I only hope my sons stay that close as grow older. I'm glad they had the chance to do just that, and have as much fun as they did. My prayers go out to the entire Blewett family and race teams. I can't imagine what they are going through. God Speed JB III-It was an honor to be your friend. You were truly my hero!

concordcharlie
08-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I really don't know what to say. We have been friends for so long. The both of us will Miss him! We will always remember all the fun we had together. If and when you get a chance call or drop us line. We will pray for all of you.

HE IS NOW IN THE BIG RACE TRACK IN THE SKY!!!!
GOD SPEED
ALL OUR LOVE
CHARLIE & JANET FLOEGE

Tommyj16
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Our prayers goes out to the Blewett Family esp. Jimmy. Fred this is the time Jimmy is going to need your help the most. God Speed JB3

From the entire Double Zero Fig-8 Racing Team

wayne
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Our thoughts and prayers!!!
MEYER RACING

NJ Chick
08-18-2007, 12:46 AM
We were so sorry to hear this sad and tragic news. Our paths crossed only a few times in the pits at Wall, but John always smiled and said hello. Our deepest sympathies and prayers to Jimmy and the entire Blewett Family.

Howie & Cindy Bott
#75 - NEETS

99racing
08-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Entire Blewett Family and friends especially Jimmy. this is a tragic loss. we couldnt believe it when we heard.

God Speed JB3.

The Carpenter Family
Jason,Kim & Kailey

rae234
08-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the Blewett family.

pappy
08-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Our Deepest Sympathy To The Blewett Family. Jonn And My son Hung Out Together When They Were Kids At Islip Speedway When His Dad Ran There. I have Watched John On The Tour When Possible. He Was A Great Racer. He Will Truly Missed.
Geri AND AL VAN NESS.

Geno
08-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I was shocked when I heard what had happened. Our deepest sympathy to Jimmy and the Blewett family. JB III was a very talented racer.

God speed...
The Ostrowski's

nitros77
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Our deepest condolences to the Blewett family and all involved. Sincerely,Sal Accardi, Jr. and the entire # 93 team.